WC Boots

Antarion

Number of posts : 3372
Supports : Germany, Bayern
Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
Registration date : 2008-04-11

WC Boots

Post by Antarion on Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:11 am

Fucking hell, I don't remember last World Cup in this regard, but whats up with all those neon coloured football boots? Pink!, Yellow, Orange or some players even use different colors for left and right foot.  Yikes 

Where is the classic black and/or white boot?

Don't know if its great or insane by Nike. But they got recognized I guess. So everything done right?

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: WC Boots

Post by 110% on Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:39 am

Puma has the different colours for each foot.

Adidas has the hideous pattern.

Nike have introduced a sock as part of the boot plus flourescent colours:

Not sure who is the worst. I mainly care whether it is made out of kangaroo leather or not. It has more spring in it Wink
Antarion

Number of posts : 3372
Supports : Germany, Bayern
Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion on Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:47 am

Thats not the black and/or white I though of  Laughing   Adidas  Doh 

Two different baby color shoes is the hot thing for parents. If they score with the blue one, its for the son. Pink for the daughter. Chinese should wear nike though.

Well color me not impressed with those options Neutral 

Toni Kroos' boots would be my choice. Classic. But not made of Kangaroo leather.
Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19688
Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
Favourite Player : Filip Kostic, Bergkamp, Le Tiss

Post by Axeslammer on Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:10 am

110% wrote:
Not sure who is the worst.

ok

They're all effing hideous  Evil or Very Mad 

110%

Post by 110% on Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:19 am

Antarion wrote:Thats not the black and/or white I though of  Laughing   Adidas  Doh 

Two different baby color shoes is the hot thing for parents. If they score with the blue one, its for the son. Pink for the daughter. Chinese should wear nike though.

Toni Kroos' boots would be my choice. Classic. But not made of Kangaroo leather.

Well they're still kind of all white with 3 black stripes, so not really classic.

I don't go for a particular look, but how they fit, and leather fits best, and kangaroo leather fits best of all but is more expensive.

I previously made the mistake of buying these because I play on artificial grass (Nike has the best soles for that):

One shoe develop a small rip in the toe at about the 10th game. I realised at half time and was considering what to do about it. The other foot ripped in the same place and much worse in the 2nd half. 100 quid in the bin (I didn't think about keeping the receipt and sending back to Nike). Basically it is a problem with synthetic shoes, so I only buy leather now.

mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
Supports : Corinthians
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:26 pm

Football boots should be all black. They are killing football aesthetics.
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:56 pm

I remember in the 1994 WC a few of the Italian players came out wearing blue boots and that seemed pretty bad ass at the time because everyone else was wearing black boots. But the novelty has worn off. I don't mind white boots if they are still subtle but all of the neon colors I really don't care for and the black and white adidas boots are some of the ugliest of all time.
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:49 pm

Jaime wrote:I remember in the 1994 WC a few of the Italian players came out wearing blue boots and that seemed pretty bad ass at the time because everyone else was wearing black boots. But the novelty has worn off. I don't mind white boots if they are still subtle but all of the neon colors I really don't care for and the black and white adidas boots are some of the ugliest of all time.

They began to make colourful boots to call attention for the brands. But now if you wear a black boot it will call more attention. Retro black boots will be the new trend. Wait and see.  ok 
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:10 pm

mongrel hawk wrote:
Jaime wrote:I remember in the 1994 WC a few of the Italian players came out wearing blue boots and that seemed pretty bad ass at the time because everyone else was wearing black boots. But the novelty has worn off. I don't mind white boots if they are still subtle but all of the neon colors I really don't care for and the black and white adidas boots are some of the ugliest of all time.

They began to make colourful boots to call attention for the brands. But now if you wear a black boot it will call more attention. Retro black boots will be the new trend. Wait and see.  ok 

You are probably right, at least I hope so! These are still the best for me:

Jaime

Post by Jaime on Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:13 pm

Of course these are the worst of the lot:

Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:26 pm

Im always suprised at the market for football boots, surely it's not as big as everyone thinks. Considering 80% of the people who play it, play it bare foot or just normal sneakers.

So I dont understand why they have new shitty gay boots every 5 weeks these days.
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser on Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:27 pm

I think they are about marketing the brand in general rather than the boots themselves
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:28 pm

There also used to be more diversity in football boot brands: diadora, mizuno, umbro, hummel, valsport, asics were all worn by big players. Lots of Spanish players used to wear kelme and joma. Can't remember if I am forgetting others. Oh Reebok used to have some big players like Giggs and Raul. But nowadays you only see nike, adidas, and puma. Although I did see one player (can't remember who) that had a pair of lotto boots.

So 90s!
Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone on Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:51 pm

Shevchenko always had Lotto too if I remember correctly.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:18 am

Yeah that's right and Gullit was Lotto as well but that was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day. Biggrin
mongrel hawk

Post by mongrel hawk on Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:15 am

Jaime wrote:Yeah that's right and Gullit was Lotto as well but that was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day. Biggrin

I use futsal shoes from Brazilian brand Topper:

I love it for everything. I don't play football anymore, but it's so beautiful.  Blush 
The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
Supports : Cambridge
Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by The Easter Bunny on Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:40 am

Jaime wrote:
mongrel hawk wrote:

You are probably right, at least I hope so! These are still the best for me:

ok These were the ones, along with old school preds.

110%

Post by 110% on Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:24 am

Fey wrote:Im always suprised at the market for football boots, surely it's not as big as everyone thinks. Considering 80% of the people who play it, play it bare foot or just normal sneakers.

So I dont understand why they have new shitty gay boots every 5 weeks these days.

The market is not as big as it was, especially since they drove various manufacturers out of it. It is main Nike and Adidas now and they each have about 20 versions of virtually the same design depending on your budget. I think they might have done about as much as they can with the structural designs of the shoes, so now they just play with colours.

It's a bit like Samsung and their phones. Decent, fit all budgets, but your choice is limited compared to the past.

110%

Post by 110% on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:29 pm

Antarion wrote:Thats not the black and/or white I though of  Laughing   Adidas  Doh 

Thinking about getting myself some kroos boots now  Whistle 

110%

Post by 110% on Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:20 am

This was the boot line-up for the final:
http://www.footyheadlines.com/2014/07/adidas-wins-2014-world-cup-boot-battle.html

It's mainly adidas, but Higuain was wearing Nikes Wink

Here are the boots according to goals scored (not the most up-to-date):
http://www.footyheadlines.com/2014/06/2014-world-cup-top-goalscoring-football.html

Again Adidas wins
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:52 pm

Nice article on the 20th anniversary of the "legendary" Predator boot by adidas

http://www.theguardian.com/football/when-saturday-comes-blog/2014/jul/18/remembering-adidas-predator-football-boots-david-beckham-zidane
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:44 pm

Recently bought a pair of those original predators for about $40. So much better than the shitshow designs of the new generation.

Fact is, you go into any sports store in the world, no kid wants the traditional black modest boots anymore
They are all after the most flash pair they can prance around in at school to show off infront of the birds and if theyre lucky end up getting a hand job around the back of the bike sheds before their mum comes to pick them up.

These new fangled boots are like fingering - if youre over the age of 25 and into it then youre probably still a virgin. Or at least you should be, you despicable c**t.
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:54 pm

Still own a pair of Old-skool Rivaldo's:

Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:04 pm

Whats wrong with black? Racist.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:07 pm

lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:50 am