BAYERN 2014/15

messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: BAYERN 2014/15

Post by messiah on Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:45 pm

Very Happy pep knows how to motivate his players, when he leave bayern and start saying the same thing at his next teams you"ll see.

he did it with even the barca B players
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:47 pm

I usually would put it down to that kind of talk as well, but Pep didn't say those things publicly. He told his assistant Hermann Gerland privately during a training session, but some camera was on him.
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:05 pm

I rememeber him being very impressive when he was fit though, clearly one of the next. who long has he been injured, Like 10 years
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:34 pm

His only real weakness is pace, as he isn't the fastest defender out there. But that's where Boateng excels. If Badstuber gets fully fit, he'd be a great partner for Boateng in the central defence, at the expense of Dante.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:52 am

Bayern's new away kit....looks like Holland!

http://sportbild.bild.de/bundesliga/vereine/bundesliga/bayern-auswaerts-im-holland-look-36974120.sport.html
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:03 pm

Just watching the friendly vs. Mönchengladbach. Gladbach playing well and giving the Bayern reserves all kinds of problems. But one thing is clear: Lewandowski is going to be a considerable upgrade to Mandzukic, despite the latter being a class striker. For me, the very best centre forward in the game. Scored a peach of a goal right now.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:16 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k7QHwCLzAM

Magic 
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:32 pm

The sons of Maurizio Gaudino and Mehmet Scholl (both 17 years old) playing for Bayern now. How time flies!
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:48 pm

Gladbach coming back with two (avoidable) penalties, Ribery had extened the lead with another great goal.

Starke is a bit shit at the pens, Gladbach may win this.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey on Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:56 pm

Why do they play each other anyway? Weird that two competitors have a friendly against eachother just before  it kicks of again.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:59 pm

It's the "Telekom Cup" in Hamburg. A number of Bundesliga teams play there every year in pre-season.

Rafinha missing, typical. Even the Bayern kids scored their pens. But Starke saved one at least.

Bayern won, as Korb missed for Gladbach. Final will be between Bayern and Wolfsburg.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:01 pm

Ahhhh...well considering they weakened Dortmund again, me thinks they will celebrate the league and Oktoberfest at the same day.

I like their away shirt though!
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:03 pm

Bet you like it, looks like the Holland flag!

Dortmund weakened, but they still have Klopp. And Reus who is going to be fit sooner than expected. And Hummels. It'll be worse for Bayern if they win the league early and I don't think they will this season.

Wolfsburg has strengthened considerably btw., could have a say this season also.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:23 am

Bayern beat Wolfsburg 3-0 in the final and win the "Telekom Cup", Lewandowski scoring a brace. Highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTg39fY3DVg

Rode looking surprisingly good in preparation. Will be interesting to see how he will develop under Pep, could become the surprise of the season and hence an option for the national team. Youngster Højbjerg from the academy (Danish player) is quality as well, despite his young age, but that's no news. With Kroos leaving, I expect him to get more playing time next season.
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:54 pm

Is Valdes really signing?
Ä

Number of posts : 11028
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä on Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:48 pm

Pep has a problem on his hands

he HAS to start the three heroes of the World Cup

Müller and Robben + Schweini

but where will that leave former superstar Ribery + WC hero Götze + his favourite Thiago ?

Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:06 pm

Ä wrote:Pep has a problem on his hands

but where will that leave former  superstar Ribery + WC hero Götze + his favourite Thiago ?

Sounds like quite a conundrum. Good thing Pep is a genius!
Effenberg

Number of posts : 3975

Post by Effenberg on Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:09 am

Ä wrote:Pep has a problem on his hands

but where will that leave former  superstar Ribery + WC hero Götze + his favourite Thiago ?

And here I thought professional football was 11 a side.
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos on Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:56 am

http://sportbild.bild.de/bundesliga/vereine/bundesliga/peps-neue-dreierkette-wird-dante-zum-grossen-verlierer-37041008.sport.html

so it really happens, Pep plans with a back three

------------------boateng/dante-------martinez-----------Badstuber/alaba

rafinha/lahm-------------------lahm/schweinsteiger------------alaba/bernat

müller/robben--------thiago/götze---------ribery/shaqiri

-----------pizarro/lewandowski

i don`t like it, rafinha and bernat not bayern material, a fine backup, but nothing more, with the new system they will have some playtime

Last edited by Kroos on Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:59 am

He just loves midfielders, doesn't he? Smile

It'll likely have consequences for the NT, too, as discussed earlier. With Lahm retiring, it actually makes a lot of sense anyway.

The physical demands for the wing backs is very high, it's indeed a weakness of this system. I'd be more worried about Rafinha than Bernat, though. The latter looked pretty good so far.
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:09 am

after shaquiris good impressions in his first season (in pre season matches) since them i never trust pre season performances

well the system worked against BVB

i just have two problems with pep, to split the wing pairs and staying too high up the pitch (against every quality side we had huge problems on counters) the game we won against dortmund (3:0) normally we should have lost it 4:1

and i don`t have to talk about the last years CL Semi Final
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:20 am

A high line of defence worked pretty well for Germany in the WC. But Germany played with a back four, which at times consisted of four central defenders. Having Neuer in goal really helps in this regard.

Playing a high line has the benefit of condensing the midfield and increasing dominance. It's very important to press effectively to prevent dangerous long balls, though. It's difficult to do it well, but if you manage to find the right balance, the rewards are pretty high, even against the best teams.

Dortmund play a high line as well, but their philosophy is more direct than Bayern's. Germany is a Bayern - Dortmund hybrid.
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:08 am

blutgraetsche wrote:A high line of defence worked pretty well for Germany in the WC. But Germany played with a back four, which at times consisted of four central defenders. Having Neuer in goal really helps in this regard.

Playing a high line has the benefit of condensing the midfield and increasing dominance. It's very important to press effectively to prevent dangerous long balls, though. It's difficult to do it well, but if you manage to find the right balance, the rewards are pretty high, even against the best teams.

Dortmund play a high line as well, but their philosophy is more direct than Bayern's. Germany is a Bayern - Dortmund hybrid.

but bayern of last year was PEP style (way too much possession) which has been found out in europe

bayern of 2013 was a way more balanced style

maybe the mental dip after the buli title was too big, who knows how it would have worked out without that dip (the last season left a bad taste in my mouth, who  cares about the very good months ahead of the buli title, what counts is the may) and pep has made us worse than 2013 (bayern of 2013 wouldn`t have been ripped apart from madrid), and i take into account that after the 2012 HUMILATION that DIE GIER was maxed out
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:20 am

I actually agree, Pep is too dogmatic for his own good often. In some regards, it's similar to Löw for so many years. But I thought that Pep showed signs of learning from his mistakes at the end of the season, particularly against Dortmund in the Pokal final. As paradox as it may sound, but maybe Pep wants to increase defensive stability and hence be more pragmatic by switching to three at the back.

Time will tell, but I think that the hunger for success will be back this season. And I don't think that Bayern are going to win the league so early again, which indeed hurt them in Europe.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:13 pm

Guardiola: Exhaustion led to Barca exit

Pep Guardiola reveals that he left Barcelona because he was "at the limit" of his exhaustion in a new book about the now-Bayern Munich coach, AS reports.

Herr Pep, written with his full authorisation by journalist Marti Perarnau, reveals that his departure from the Camp Nou had nothing to do with a falling-out with former club president Sandro Rosell.

AS reports that journalist Isaac Lluch, the Germany correspondent for Catalan daily Ara, has had a sneak preview of the book, which is due to be published in Catalan and Spanish in September.

It was written after Perarnau was authorised to spend 200 days a year with Guardiola, who told him: "Write everything you see and criticise everything you want to in the book, but during the season don't write anything that you see behind closed doors."

The coach says: "It isn't true that I left because Rosell didn't support me in rebuilding the squad.

"I was at my limit of exhaustion and I wasn't sure at all about what options I could offer the team. I didn't ask to rebuild the squad, because I was the one who had decided to leave."

Speaking about a potential return at some point in the future, he says: "The way the club is organised, there are only two options: either you're the power or you aren't the power. And, against my wishes, I have been forced to pick sides."

AS reports that Guardiola describes Bayern's 4-0 home hammering by Real Madrid in the Champions League semifinals as "my biggest cock-up as a coach."

It also quotes him as saying that "I hate tiki-taka," explaining instead that his belief is that "without a sequence of 15 previous passes, a good transition between defence and attack is impossible."

http://www.espnfc.com/german-bundesliga/story/1972200/exhaustion-behind-pep-guardiola-barcelona-exit
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:36 pm

Reina??????? Shocked
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:39 pm

Second goal keeper. Bayern lack one goal keeper in their squad, they only have two in Neuer and Starke and that almost cost them last season. Of course Neuer will remain #1.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:20 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Second goal keeper. Bayern lack one goal keeper in their squad, they only have two in Neuer and Starke and that almost cost them last season. Of course Neuer will remain #1.

How bad is Starke? Reina should be playing in Qatar or something.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:26 pm

Starke is rather mediocre. Even small Bundesliga teams have better keepers.

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:39 am

MLS Allstars become champions of the universe after beating Bayern Munich:
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/soccer/tempers-flare-late-tackles-game-pitting-mls-stars-bayern-munich-article-1.1894897

Apparently there were two dodgy tackles in this exhibition match, but more overenthusiastic than malicious. The opposition manager even apologised when they happened, but Pep refused to shake his hand after the game.

Stay classy Pep  <Ale> 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:47 am