Real Madrid CF 2014/15

TM

Number of posts : 21218
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by TM on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:54 am

As expected a fee has been agreed for Rodriguez.

Probable starting line up for the upcoming season:

---------------Lopez

Carvajal----Ramos---Pepe---Marcelo

--------------Alonso

---------Kroos------Rodriguez

Bale-------Benzema---Ronaldo

COTR

Number of posts : 26580
Supports : Liverp8-0l
Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by COTR on Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:42 am

TM wrote:As expected a fee has been agreed for Rodriguez.

---------------Lopez

--------------Alonso

So your bench has among others

Isco (£35m?)
Illara (£35m?)
Modric (£30m)
Di Maria (£30m)

Is the plan to hoard all the best midfield talent so nobody else can have them ?
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM on Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:42 pm

The arrival of Rodriguez will most definitely mean the sale of Di Maria.

Also I imagine Modric and Alonso will rotate, with Modric playing more often.
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:18 pm

Yeah Di Maria will leave now which is a shame but that is life, the more I have read it appears that Jorge Mendes had made an agreement with PSG even before the end of last season.
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:20 pm

Buy the world cup star for 88m, when they have a even worst defense than barca

fitting in all those players in midfield, yet still maintaining a defensive balance

I'm pretty sure though, that buy adding james and kroos, their midfield will click much fast and better than, barca's front three with Suarez.
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:22 pm

Well, the cannibal won't be able to play for the next four months, so it'll be rather difficult to make them 'click'.

Messi will likely give up the 'false 9' position, he doesn't seem to have the legs for it anymore, and play more like a traditional #10, with Suarez ahead of him, similar to Argentina (with Higuain up front). The days of goal scoring records may be over of him.
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:31 pm

For the record, the transfer of James will cost 75m, rising to 80m. Not 88m.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:42 pm

messiah wrote:Buy the world cup star for 88m, when they have a even worst defense than barca

fitting in all those players in midfield, yet still maintaining a defensive balance

I'm pretty sure though, that buy adding james and kroos, their midfield will click much fast and better than, barca's front three with Suarez.

I'm really curious how you've worked this out in your head.

Coentrao > Alba
Ramos > Pique
Pepe/Varane > Mascherano
Carvajal > Dani Alves

And don't just say "oh well last year we conceded 33 and you conceded 38 in the league".
messiah

Post by messiah on Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:50 pm

Giving uop hard working midfielders like Di maria,Sami and Modric(from the XI), replacing them with slow players, with no where near the industry in their game and a 32 year old alonso.

keep it up

as.com and marca says 75 going to 80.

every other non madrid paper, 80m-88 million euros, I know who i believe.
messiah

Post by messiah on Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:02 pm

Jaime wrote:
messiah wrote:Buy the world cup star for 88m, when they have a even worst defense than barca

I'm really curious how you've worked this out in your head.

Coentrao > Alba
Ramos > Pique
Pepe/Varane > Mascherano
Carvajal > Dani Alves

And don't just say "oh well last year we conceded 33 and you conceded 38 in the league".

33 goals conceded in the league, with numerous injuries to our back five, would probably have been in the 20's with a constant back five,38 for madrid

7 goals in the clasico for madrid 6 for us,
also 3 goals against atletico madrid, and 2 for us

BIG GAMES

These my friend are FACTS. keeping going back and you'll find only one season where you guys conceded more than us, even over the past twos seasons where it had nothing to do with our possession.

so the question is how Madrid defense better than US?.

Ps what happen to varane, he went from being the next greatest defender in the world, since the last greatest defender in the world, to just a normal top prospect.

also whats up with the board its moving very slow
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:28 pm

Yeah it is really slow every time I try to make a post. Weird.

Anyhow.

You had like 3 dodgy penalties in the clasicos so I'm not even going to talk about that.

The fact is, in big games, you couldn't defend to save your lives. Remember the last day against Atletico and Godin's header? It's very simple marking that you guys couldn't even do.

Varane was injured last year for the first 3 months and in the mean time Pepe was in really good form so Ancelotti kept that partnership.
messiah

Post by messiah on Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:36 pm

Jaime wrote:Yeah it is really slow every time I try to make a post. Weird.

Anyhow.

You had like 3 dodgy penalties in the clasicos so I'm not even going to talk about that.

The fact is, in big games, you couldn't defend to save your lives. Remember the last day against Atletico and Godin's header? It's very simple marking that you guys couldn't even do.

Varane was injured last year for the first 3 months and in the mean time Pepe was in really good form so Ancelotti kept that partnership.

didn't you guys concede a header to godin too in the CL Final?  Very Happy 

If you live in a glass house, don't throw stones  lol!  lol! 

The fact is our Defense is better and has been so for a very long time.

All i'm saying is a few times in europe can call our defense bad, Madrid fans Most certainly aren't one of them.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:42 pm

messiah wrote:

Anyhow.

The fact is our Defense is better and has been so for a very long time

I mention Godin's header against you because it is an example of how there is no marking or organization.

The one against us was a big fck up by Iker if he just stayed on his line it would have fallen softly into his hands but who the hell knows what has been going on in his head the last couple of months. Maybe just sleep deprived because of the baby.

All I know is we conceded nothing to Bayern and well...you guys...I can't remember the last time you played them. I think you let in one or two.
messiah

Post by messiah on Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:48 pm

Jaime wrote:
messiah wrote:

Anyhow.

The fact is our Defense is better and has been so for a very long time

I mention Godin's header against you because it is an example of how there is no marking or organization.

The one against us was a big fck up by Iker if he just stayed on his line it would have fallen softly into his hands but who the hell knows what has been going on in his head the last couple of months. Maybe just sleep deprived because of the baby.

All I know is we conceded nothing to Bayern and well...you guys...I can't remember the last time you played them. I think you let in one or two.

you guys will forever have the bayern goals to fall back on  Doh tito you son of a bitch(RIP), still changes nothing about your defense being better than ours.

its only in that ONE SINGLE SEASON, that anyone one on the euroboard can point to our defense being truly crap and come with evidence to back it up.

lets make a bet, I bet madrid will concede more goals than us in this years clasico again
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress on Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:53 pm

A real shame about Negredo getting injuried. He would have been the perfect striker to compete with Benzema plus he would have been more willing to sit on the bench due to his past with the club. Still think we should go for him but not going to happen now.

Neither the Kroos nor the Rodriguez transfer makes much sense although I suppose that the club probably knew that Di Maria would be leaving this summer so one of these players could be justified but both?
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:53 pm

messiah wrote: tito you son of a bitch(RIP)

BRING BACK THE SIGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:55 pm

Super Progress wrote:A real shame about Negredo getting injuried. He would have been the perfect striker to compete with Benzema plus he would have been more willing to sit on the bench due to his past with the club. Still think we should go for him but not going to happen now.

Neither the Kroos nor the Rodriguez transfer makes much sense although I suppose that the club probably knew that Di Maria would be leaving this summer so one of these players could be justified but both?

But Khedira is leaving as well so it's two in and two out in midfield. Obviously they are not exactly like for like but let's see how it works out.

Agree re: Negredo.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:57 pm

Great to see Coentrao, Pepe, and Alonso cutting short their vacations to join up with the team for the first leg of the preseason in the US.

The players traveling are:

Goalkeepers: Diego López, Jesús y Pacheco.
Defenders: Pepe, Carvajal, Coentrão, Arbeloa, Nacho, D. Llorente y Derik.
Midfielders: Bale, Xabi Alonso, Isco, Illarra, M. Llorente, Medrán, Lucas y Mascarell.
Forwards: Sobrino y De Tomás.

Really interested to see Derik and also Marcos Llorente. ok
messiah

Post by messiah on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:06 pm

What Will happen to the "new Spanish core" and "goalscoring Iniesta" Isco?
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:12 pm

messiah wrote:What Will happen to the "new Spanish core" and "goalscoring Iniesta" Isco?

If by the new Spanish core you mean Illarra, well, it's a big year for him. I still think after Alonso and Modric move on, he can be the future. Ancelotti likes him because there were offers for him to leave over the summer and he prefers to keep Illarra over Khedira, for example. Alonso and Hierro both rate him as well. He needs to grow up a little bit. There were times he looked good and times he looked scared, most notably in the CL semifinal against Dortmund.

Isco, as I said before, he is really versatile. Ancelotti has gotten him to work really hard for the team which means he can play on the wing. He can play up front wide or as a false 9. He can play as mediapunta as well. He's going to be an important player. I'm not even worried about Isco.

Carvajal will be the starting right back. Jese will be a big part of the team once he is recovered from his injury, assuming the knee is back to 100%.

The only one who left was Morata.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:31 pm

Illarra got a new haircut to try and win Super's approvel!

Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:59 pm

Jaime wrote:Illarra got a new haircut to try and win Super's approvel!

I will give my approval when he adds 10-15 kg of muscle
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:51 pm

The ideal "Team Progress" player...

Jaime

Post by Jaime on Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:05 pm

WTF?!?!?!? lol!
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:12 pm

Modric-----Kroos
-----James----

DAT MIDFIELD Lamela

Dont like the forwards that much though.
Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis on Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:14 pm

Rumours we've made an enquiry about Isco on loan. Likelihood?
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:44 pm

Luis wrote:Rumours we've made an enquiry about Isco on loan. Likelihood?

Ancelotti said he's not leaving two days ago.
shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
Supports : Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:28 pm

---------------Lopez

--------------Alonso

I can't believe Madrid people can so easily dismiss their player of the year out of the starting XI. I don't see why anyone would pick Alonso over Modric even for DM. IMO he's better than Kroos too.
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:16 am

Yeah I didn't get that from TM either but I doubt others would. The only way it makes sense is that Kroos is better of playing Modric's position than Alonso's. Wouldn't mind trying Modric in Dm but it makes more defensive sense with Alonso there. I would put him on the bench and transition Kroos into the team.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:34 am

shazlx wrote:

---------------Lopez

--------------Alonso

I can't believe Madrid people can so easily dismiss their player of the year out of the starting XI. I don't see why anyone would pick Alonso over Modric even for DM. IMO he's better than Kroos too.

Well the truth is that nobody knows how it will shape up on the pitch. For all we know Benzema will drop out of the XI. What Ancelotti has demonstrated in his first year is that he is flexible and will use different combinations of players, different tactical frameworks, at different times of the season. Don't forget how important Isco was in the first 1/3 of the season, for example. There are 6 "competitions" this year so there will be plenty of minutes for everyone. I think there is a great possibility that Alonso and Modric and maybe even Isco will start the season since Kroos and James will not be joining up with the squad until later and will have a very abbreviated preseason. Eventually we could well see Modric-Kroos-James though. Alonso will still feature in games that require his tactical discipline. But we all know Alonso can't play 50+ games any more. Modric has a tremendous work rate and wins a lot of tackles. More even than the progressive Khedira. So he can certainly play as the "defensive" midfielder imo.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:20 pm