Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Share
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:59 pm

shazlx wrote:
Jaime wrote:Also, Morata to Juve is official. 18m euro with a 35m euro buyback clause which is good for the next three years.
18M for an unproven player. Wow crazy transfer fees. He is a good talent though and more proven than Lukaku when he was bought by Chelsea.

I think he will be in the Spain team by the next WC. He has a lot of ability, maybe not a WPOTY candidate, but he can easily be Morientes. He needs to play though which is why I'm not really a big fan of him going to Juve but maybe it will work out for him. I hope it does.
avatar
shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
Age : 31
Supports : Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by shazlx on Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:03 pm

Jaime wrote:
shazlx wrote:
Jaime wrote:Also, Morata to Juve is official. 18m euro with a 35m euro buyback clause which is good for the next three years.
18M for an unproven player. Wow crazy transfer fees. He is a good talent though and more proven than Lukaku when he was bought by Chelsea.

I think he will be in the Spain team by the next WC. He has a lot of ability, maybe not a WPOTY candidate, but he can easily be Morientes. He needs to play though which is why I'm not really a big fan of him going to Juve but maybe it will work out for him. I hope it does.
Its not really worth comparing to Morientes though as they're too different. But yeah, in terms of performnace level he could be as useful as Morientes. He should have moved to the PL. He he makes it, would have been worshipped in England.Has the potential to be an iconic target man.
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:06 pm

shazlx wrote:
Jaime wrote:
shazlx wrote:
Jaime wrote:Also, Morata to Juve is official. 18m euro with a 35m euro buyback clause which is good for the next three years.
18M for an unproven player. Wow crazy transfer fees. He is a good talent though and more proven than Lukaku when he was bought by Chelsea.

I think he will be in the Spain team by the next WC. He has a lot of ability, maybe not a WPOTY candidate, but he can easily be Morientes. He needs to play though which is why I'm not really a big fan of him going to Juve but maybe it will work out for him. I hope it does.
Its not really worth comparing to Morientes though as they're too different. But yeah, in terms of performnace level he could be as useful as Morientes. He should have moved to the PL. He he makes it, would have been worshipped in England.Has the potential to be an iconic target man.

They are not as different as you might think, but yeah I was talking about the level of player he could become.
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 pm

Man Utd offering 60m for Di Maria. Also they are offering to triple the players wages. Shocked
avatar
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by messiah on Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:57 pm

leave DI Maria leave
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:53 pm

Khedira to Chelsea for 25m! Never loved Jose as much as I do right now.
avatar
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by messiah on Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:55 pm

Jose is buying up all the la liga players, he realizes their superior quality.

Unless City do something, Chelsea will Butt rape the prem this season
avatar
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Age : 26
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by TM on Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:16 pm

Jaime wrote:Khedira to Chelsea for 25m! Never loved Jose as much as I do right now.

Should get an extra 5m for his semi-final performance against Brazil Ale

I hope the club doesn't sell Di Maria in pursuit of Rodriguez Erm
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:40 pm

Sami Khedira to Arsenal for 28m.
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:40 pm

Also the latest on Di Maria is that he rejected Man Utd because he does not want to play Europa League. Seems like it will be PSG or bust.
avatar
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Age : 31
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Kroos on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:39 am

how will your midfield look like?

are you in for james r. from monaco?

are you in for falcao?

selling khedira and di maria, the only 2 work horses you have, no good idea


avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:18 pm

This is the big question of course. It probably will require a different tactical setup than last year to accommodate Kroos and Rodriguez but I think one of Ancelotti's best attributes is that he is quite flexible with his ideas and I think he will find a way to make the pieces fit.

Of course that is an if. It sounds like the club do want James but not at any price. Monaco's president was initially asking for 115m. Supposedly he has come down to 85m. I don't think Florentino will pay more than 60m. Which is still a ridiculous price but that is what football has come to these days.

I highly doubt we are going for Falcao. If we go for a striker yet I think the only name would be Aguero. But I think with Benzema's performances last year and the WC that he had (plus his ongoing support from ZZ), I think he will stay and sign a new contract.

I agree that the ideal would be to keep Di Maria. He offers a helluva lot to this team both in attack and defense. But he is the one that is pushing for this move. Well, maybe it's Jorge Mendes but either way. The wages PSG are offering him would make him the third highest player in RM behind Ronaldo and Bale and I just don't think he is going to get it.

As far as Khedira, of course everyone knows my stance. There is a perception that he recovers a lot of balls and wins a lot of tackles but the truth is that per 90 minutes, Modric, Alonso, Di Maria and even Illarra recovered more balls than Khedira. We were missing him for 80% of last year and won two titles. I think life will go on.

avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:34 pm

Ok so now I've just seen the first rumour saying there is an agreement between Monaco and RM: 70m + Casemiro for James Rodriguez.

avatar
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Age : 28
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Super Progress on Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:10 pm

Kroos wrote:how will your midfield look like?

are you in for james r. from monaco?

are you in for falcao?

selling khedira and di maria, the only 2 work horses you have, no good idea


It is utter stupidity

Obviously buying Kroos should mean we won't get James but it seems the club wants both.Doh 

While Barcelona is predictably moving away from their traditional(ie. boring passing) way of playing we are loading up on passing and technical players while also offloading Khedira, Casemiro and Di Maria. All the steele and work in our team will evaporate.

Just goes to prove that you can't find a happy medium with these pro-football guys. They always want more.

The next classico might actually see us have more possession than them. Yikes 

Yet I'm sure the silly madridista's will be proud if that were to happen

Ancelotti showed himself to be a good compromiser last year but this is going too far now in one direction

We might as well start promoting youth players now while we're it  Sad 
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:34 pm

Super Progress wrote:
Kroos wrote:how will your midfield look like?

are you in for james r. from monaco?

are you in for falcao?

selling khedira and di maria, the only 2 work horses you have, no good idea


It is utter stupidity

Obviously buying Kroos should mean we won't get James but it seems the club wants both.Doh 

While Barcelona is predictably moving away from their traditional(ie. boring passing) way of playing we are loading up on passing and technical players while also offloading Khedira, Casemiro and Di Maria. All the steele and work in our team will evaporate.

Just goes to prove that you can't find a happy medium with these pro-football guys. They always want more.

The next classico might actually see us have more possession than them. Yikes 

Yet I'm sure the silly madridista's will be proud if that were to happen

Ancelotti showed himself to be a good compromiser last year but this is going too far now in one direction

We might as well start promoting youth players now while we're it  Sad 

Steele! You forget that we very nearly won the treble with a centre midfield of Guti and Beckham! Of course we won nothing but never mind that! If Queiroz had rotated the players even a little we would have won all three! Biggrin

Khedira was out for most of the season and Casemiro never played so we aren't missing anything with them leaving. Even Isco's balls won per 90 minutes ratio is not that different from Khedira. Di Maria, yes, he worked extremely hard but that's not to say that he couldn't be replaced. And it's not to say that there couldn't yet be an agreement with Di Maria to keep him.

avatar
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Age : 28
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Super Progress on Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:42 pm

What is the point of keeping Di Maria when we are getting Kroos. We are buying another starter for a line up that is already filled to the brink. It is pure footballing gluttonous and especially since they want to add James Rodriguez.

With some in midfield we wouldn't have let go of a sure title either. Instead there was no protection as Alonso tired completely and Illarramendi... Grr 

Btw here is some video propaganda to go with your "stats":



I'm feeling sick today
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:47 pm

Wow, nice video. This Illarra kid looks pretty good! ok

Why not keep Di Maria. You act as though it's a crime to have a deep squad and to rotate players and have the flexibility to change formations.

Why couldn't our midfielders be: Alonso, Di Maria, Kroos, Illarra, Modric?

We'll see about James. Still not a reliable source saying that he is a foregone conclusion.
avatar
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by messiah on Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:21 pm

I can't wait for Kroos to come to spain, Top player and all
avatar
shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
Age : 31
Supports : Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by shazlx on Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:32 pm

Jaime wrote:As far as Khedira, of course everyone knows my stance. There is a perception that he recovers a lot of balls and wins a lot of tackles but the truth is that per 90 minutes, Modric, Alonso, Di Maria and even Illarra recovered more balls than Khedira. We were missing him for 80% of last year and won two titles. I think life will go on.
ok

Looks like Arsenal are trying to sign him. I really don't want it to go through, we really need a proper DM who can pass the ball out from deep. Not a box to ox midfielder who's want's to drive the Attack. We've already got a better player in Ramsey for that. I hope somewhere along the chain, we get outpriced for him.
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by blutgraetsche on Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:47 pm

Kroos could become the new Schuster, the similarities are clearly there. Another hugely gifted midfielder, a bit misunderstood and unloved in Germany (or rather Bavaria...), becoming a legend in Spanish club football (still one of the very few hall of famers of both, Real and Barcelona).

In the right environment, he could become a huge player for you.
avatar
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Age : 26
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by TM on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:02 pm

Am I the only one who thinks signing Rodriguez is completely unnecessary? It's a potential Drenthe situation all over.
avatar
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by blutgraetsche on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:13 pm

He's very gifted, but will cost you a fortune, read something about 80m Euros, which is a hell lot of money. Looks like a dick waving contest with Barcelona after they signed the cannibal. Some things never change...
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:16 pm

James Rodriguez is much more accomplished than Drenthe ffs.

It might be, mostly unnecessary. But if we lose Di Maria, that is 18 assists in the league last season. We will need some creativity in midfield.
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:17 pm

shazlx wrote:
Jaime wrote:As far as Khedira, of course everyone knows my stance. There is a perception that he recovers a lot of balls and wins a lot of tackles but the truth is that per 90 minutes, Modric, Alonso, Di Maria and even Illarra recovered more balls than Khedira. We were missing him for 80% of last year and won two titles. I think life will go on.
ok

Looks like Arsenal are trying to sign him. I really don't want it to go through, we really need a proper DM who can pass the ball out from deep. Not a box to ox midfielder who's want's to drive the Attack. We've already got a better player in Ramsey for that. I hope somewhere along the chain, we get outpriced for him.

From what I've read this is close to happening. Unless Chelsea come in with a last minute bid to top yours.
avatar
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Age : 26
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by TM on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:23 pm

Jaime wrote:James Rodriguez is much more accomplished than Drenthe ffs.

It might be, mostly unnecessary. But if we lose Di Maria, that is 18 assists in the league last season. We will need some creativity in midfield.

It wasn't a direct player comparison, more so an example of buying a player after a good tournament performance and him failing to live up to the hype.

Rodriguez is clearly an accomplished player having proven himself in the Portuguese and French leagues Laughing
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:36 pm

TM wrote:
Jaime wrote:James Rodriguez is much more accomplished than Drenthe ffs.

It might be, mostly unnecessary. But if we lose Di Maria, that is 18 assists in the league last season. We will need some creativity in midfield.

It wasn't a direct player comparison, more so an example of buying a player after a good tournament performance and him failing to live up to the hype.

Rodriguez is clearly an accomplished player having proven himself in the Portuguese and French leagues Laughing

Drenthe had a good tournament at an U21 Euro. He was not one of the 3 best players at a World Cup. James played CL with Porto as well. Ligue 1 > Eredivisie (sorry Fey!)
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:45 pm

A few photos from the first training session of the preseason!











avatar
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Age : 28
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Super Progress on Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:55 pm

Jaime wrote:Wow, nice video. This Illarra kid looks pretty good! ok

Why not keep Di Maria. You act as though it's a crime to have a deep squad and to rotate players and have the flexibility to change formations.

Why couldn't our midfielders be: Alonso, Di Maria, Kroos, Illarra, Modric?

We'll see about James. Still not a reliable source saying that he is a foregone conclusion.
Because somebody has to start in the big games and then one of Alonso/Di Maria/Kroos/Modric will be on the bench. None of them with the exception of Alonso will accept that. Modric is 29 but he can continue in current form for another 2 years at least. Kroos is definitely not a Dm although I suspect he could handle playing that role for most of the types of teams we meet but that would mean depriving him of playing his favoured Am position. We should have waited another year for Kroos and gotten him for free. By then perhaps we could figure out what to do with Di Maria and I could imagine Ronaldo going to one of the big French clubs which I would be all for. Add Rodriguez to the mix and you have a clusterfuck.
avatar
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Fey on Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:12 pm

Pre-season is such a load of bullshit. players get 2-3 weeks off and then have to train for 2 months again? It really doesnt have to last so long.
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:47 am

Fey wrote:Pre-season is such a load of bullshit. players get 2-3 weeks off and then have to train for 2 months again? It really doesnt have to last so long.

To be fair, this initial group has had 7 weeks on holiday.

But someone has to go on the preseason tour and make the CA$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$H. Biggrin

Sponsored content

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:43 am