Real Madrid CF 2014/15

messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by messiah on Sat May 23, 2015 9:43 pm

I see ronaldo scored yet another highly effective hat-trick, I didn't see the game, but i can bet he was really happy about it
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Sun May 24, 2015 4:27 am

He wasn't happy because he was subbed out so we could put on the norwegian brat when he only needed two more goals to break Messi's record.

But you were right about him too. We would be much better off without his 48 goals this year. Ale
messiah

Post by messiah on Sun May 24, 2015 4:31 am

Jaime wrote:He wasn't happy because he was subbed out so we could put on the norwegian brat when he only needed two more goals to break Messi's record.

But you were right about him too. We would be much better off without his 48 goals this year. Ale

yep, another trophy-less season <Ale>
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Sun May 24, 2015 1:48 pm

messiah wrote:
Jaime wrote:He wasn't happy because he was subbed out so we could put on the norwegian brat when he only needed two more goals to break Messi's record.

yep, another trophy-less season <Ale>

Supercopa + Intercontinental = not trophyless. Ale
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM on Mon May 25, 2015 7:21 pm

Ancelotti sacked.

Terrible decision.

Post by Guest on Mon May 25, 2015 7:22 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Murray

Number of posts : 10191
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Murray on Mon May 25, 2015 7:49 pm

Only an idiot would fire Ancelotti & replace him with Benitez.
Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano on Mon May 25, 2015 8:12 pm

Murray wrote:Only an idiot would fire Ancelotti & replace him with Benitez.

Perez says "Challenge Accepted!"
Cristiano

Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,

Post by Cristiano on Mon May 25, 2015 8:17 pm

As long as Perez is about there will be no Logic, organisation and tranquillity at the club. No one should be surprised. As long as here we are not going to have any sustained success. Here's to another summer of him signing one of his galacticos and telling the coach his 50m max to try and sign players the squad actually needs.

That being said however Ramon Calderon managed to make a f**k up of it as well.

To round up

f**k Perez! Grr
messiah

Post by messiah on Mon May 25, 2015 8:42 pm

Cristiano

Post by Cristiano on Mon May 25, 2015 9:33 pm

"Whatever Happens, Ancellotti will continue" Perez after the 4-3 defeat to Schalke. cheers

lol!

I remember he called a special press conference for that as well. Doh
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM on Mon May 25, 2015 9:42 pm

Well he did for the rest of the season.

I would be devastated if Benitez was appointed, absolutely gutted.
Cristiano

Post by Cristiano on Mon May 25, 2015 10:55 pm

TM wrote:Well he did for the rest of the season.

I would be devastated if Benitez was appointed, absolutely gutted.

That would be painful, I can just see him managing to piss off half the squad in no time.

For me Unai Emery although his not flashy enough for Perez so won't happen. I think he might go for Klopp though.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Tue May 26, 2015 12:03 pm

Typical...Madrid never learns...close to a treble again..coach gets sacked. Del Bosque-esque
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Tue May 26, 2015 1:27 pm

Ancelotti has been the most ideal RM manager since Del Bosque.

Likes to play attacking football, has the respect of the dressing room, politically savvy (in terms of he doesn't get embroiled in battles with the media and other powerful voices).

He was really unlucky that Madrid had several key injuries this year.

Benitez would be like Mourinho without the nastiness, his football isn't exactly champagne stuff.

Klopp going there would be a disaster. He's all about nurturing a group towards a peak 2-3 years down the road, Madrid are in constant "win now" mode.

Awful decision by Perez.

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 3:03 pm

Deluded F*ck™ wrote:Ancelotti has been the most ideal RM manager since Del Bosque.

Likes to play attacking football, has the respect of the dressing room, politically savvy (in terms of he doesn't get embroiled in battles with the media and other powerful voices).

He was really unlucky that Madrid had several key injuries this year.

Benitez would be like Mourinho without the nastiness, his football isn't exactly champagne stuff.

Klopp going there would be a disaster. He's all about nurturing a group towards a peak 2-3 years down the road, Madrid are in constant "win now" mode.

Awful decision by Perez.

This is why I want him at Liverpool. Unless we spend massively this squad isn't going to get top 4 in the next 2 seasons. So we should build for the future with Klopp in charge. I imagine he would spend our money better than Rodgers has.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue May 26, 2015 3:42 pm

It's a decision that everyone (literally everyone - fans, media, players) is against. What I am tired of is people saying this is a phenomenon unique to Florentino and Real Madrid. This is Spanish football (and increasingly football everywhere). Tata Martino is in Barcelona one year, wins nothing, and is sacked but there is no uproar.

Just look at the track record of the other recent presidents of Real Madrid:

Ramon Calderon - 3 managers/3 years
Lorenzo Sanz - 9 managers/5 years
Ramon Mendoza - 9 managers/10 years
Luis de Carlos - 5 managers/8 years

Now I'm not defending FloPer but anyone who thinks that he is this driving force of madness knows nothing about Spanish football. They're all mad! Look how many managers Gaspart used to go through! Núñez was something like 15 managers in 22 years (that is an average of a new manager every 17 months for those of you playing along at home). Mes Que Un Club right? Look how many managers Lopera chewed up and spit out. Del Nido. LLorente. Don't even get me started on Jesus Gil. It's a phenomenon that is in the fiber of Spanish football. If you don't like, that's fine. But it is the way it is.

Rafa Benitez will be a disaster. There is no question about that. He won't play the kind of football that the Bernabeu demands. He won't like be handcuffed into not being allowed to play with 10 defensive midfielders. The players will hate him.

I hope I am wrong.

But my guess is we'll be having this discussion again in 18 months or sooner.

Ale
messiah

Post by messiah on Tue May 26, 2015 4:08 pm

Tata literally couldn't win one game of not for us, every saw he was out of his depth, that's a different thing from firing one of the top managers in the world.

As it relates to the rest, stop using old metrics to measure modern football, fact is today of all the successfil teams if you can call real Madrid successful anymore. Only real and Chelsea fire managers basically every season.

Man utd did it with Moyes, because like barca they realized they had hired a manager that's out of his depth.

All the most successful teams in Spain have realize you need one man driving the overall direction of the team, this doesn't necessarily have to be the manager.

Sevilla: mochi
Atletico: Gil
Barca: laporta( even after he left, its his choices that have proven to work)

And you know what, those teams have all been more successful than real.

For real, it's Perez who is still living in the past, who still.believes a club needs to real direction, just a star every two seasons and drop a coach in, and success shall come, well guess what it hasnt been coming.

Ever roman now realized he needs stability at the club.

Do you think Bayern don't want to fire pep, after getting stuffed in two cl semi finals?. But they know that's not the path to success, another manager doesn't guarantee a CL. Perez seem to still think suh.

So stop making excuses for Perez and lumping all the clubs into real Madrid's madness
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue May 26, 2015 4:20 pm

I'm not making excuses. If you read the post, the whole point is that it is not limited to Perez. Or Real Madrid.

Bayern might still fire Pep. But if not, well it's typical Germans.

Laporta caught lightning in a bottle with Pep (even though Pep wasn't his 1st choice) and that's largely because of this once in a lifetime even of Xavi-Iniesta-Messi all coming to the top simultaneously. If it wasn't for that he would be no different than the rest.
messiah

Post by messiah on Tue May 26, 2015 4:58 pm

Jaime wrote:I'm not making excuses. If you read the post, the whole point is that it is not limited to Perez. Or Real Madrid.

Laporta caught lightning in a bottle with Pep (even though Pep wasn't his 1st choice) and that's largely because of this once in a lifetime even of Xavi-Iniesta-Messi all coming to the top simultaneously. If it wasn't for that he would be no different than the rest.

HE bought in rijkaard who seems to be the forgotten man and stuck with him even when people where asking for his head, and still have him 2 seasons after his last liga i think.

He picked pep, because he saw something in him

He picked luis for the B team, and everyone and their mother knew it was to prepare him for the first team.

But besides Barca Madrid talk, clubs have moved away from firing managers every season these days, they are not staying on like wenger and SAF, but sensible presidents know, you should give a manager that is showing signs at least 3 seasons, and clubs with presidents/football directors that understands this, have been the most successful teams.

can you imagine if perez was at Man utd, Van gaal would be out this summer
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue May 26, 2015 5:21 pm

messiah wrote:
Jaime wrote:I'm not making excuses. If you read the post, the whole point is that it is not limited to Perez. Or Real Madrid.

HE bought in rijkaard who seems to be the forgotten man and stuck with him even when people where asking for his head, and still have him 2 seasons after his last liga i think.

He picked pep, because he saw something in him

He picked luis for the B team, and everyone and their mother knew it was to prepare him for the first team.

But besides Barca Madrid talk, clubs have moved away from firing managers every season these days, they are not staying on like wenger and SAF, but sensible presidents know, you should give a manager that is showing signs at least 3 seasons, and clubs with presidents/football directors that understands this, have been the most successful teams.

can you imagine if perez was at Man utd, Van gaal would be out this summer

I will give Laporta Rijkaard as well. That is fair. Because I think he was there 4 seasons total. But don't delude yourself and don't lie to everyone else. Laporta picked Pep because Jose rejected him. And he got lucky. I can go back and post all of the front pages of SPORT and MD if you'd like.

But beyond that the only club that has really changed is Atletico but when Simeone wins you the first league in almost 20 years you can't very well just usher him out. And when Simeone does leave I don't expect that they will be any different to anyone else.

In any case, I'll be super happy to quote all these posts when Lucho is sacked in a couple weeks. Ale
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue May 26, 2015 6:17 pm

Assuming Benitez is Carletto's replacement. I'm just trying to visualize how his team will shape up.

Rafa is married to the 4-2-3-1, there is no secret to that. I think he won't have too many personnel problems with the backline. Marcelo may give him headaches but we need a second left back anyway so he may get a chance to pick someone that is more defensive minded. I doubt he will have much interest in Danilo as a right full back although possibly as a right midfielder.

He uses a doble pivote with a pure DM and then an organizing DM. At Valencia it was Albelda and Baraja. At Liverpool it was Mascherano and Alonso. At Napoli he seems to have been using Gargano and Jorginho/Inler/David Lopez. There is no Albelda or Mascherano or Gargano in this squad. Zero.

If you look at our central midfielders: Khedira is gone. I'm guessing Lucas Silva will go on loan. Then you have Kroos, Modric, Illarra and Casemiro (in theory). Benitez will use at most one of Kroos or Modric as the "organizing DM". Could he resuscitate Illarra? Casemiro has the physique but he's not a strict DM from what I have observed. It would be interesting to see if he would make a cheeky bid for someone like Javi Martinez who is obviously not part of Pep's plans at Bayern. Someone like Iturraspe (Athletic) or Bruno (Villarreal) would be right up his alley. But would Florentino go for it?

He will obviously play only one of James and Isco as the attacking midfielder the way he used Angulo and Gerrard and Hamsik.

There is no way in hell that he will play the BBC if he had any say. And if he doesn't have a say I can't imagine him coming. Ronaldo and Bale on the wings do not do nearly enough work defensively. I think Benitez can work with Benzema. He's not too different in terms of his physique and pace to Torres in his pomp. Infinitely more skilled of course. Supposedly Man Utd will make a huge bid for Bale. Supposedly PSG will offer 125m for Ronaldo. FloPer will not sell both in one summer, not for all the money in the world. So does he offload Bale and Benzema, use Ronaldo a '9' and get two facking runners for Benitez to use on the wing?

I just don't really see how it will all come together with both Florentino and Rafa ending up happy with the state of things.

Unless Rafa is prepared to completely reshape his concept of football.

Murray

Number of posts : 10191

Post by Murray on Tue May 26, 2015 7:24 pm

This time next year, Benitez will have been fired. Maybe even sooner.
messiah

Post by messiah on Tue May 26, 2015 7:40 pm

You mean we rejected Jose his dream job, and he has hated us every since
messiah

Post by messiah on Tue May 26, 2015 7:47 pm

i would still be surprised if they appointed rafa, he is even more shit on a stick that jose, and that's something perez cant stand, add to that he is a bit of a nothing manager these days, football seems to have passed him by in the pace grit and determination days.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Tue May 26, 2015 7:51 pm

Get Bielsa. Imo the best coach in the world.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue May 26, 2015 8:49 pm

messiah wrote:i would still be surprised if they appointed rafa, he is even more shit on a stick that jose, and that's something perez cant stand, add to that he is a bit of a nothing manager these days, football seems to have passed him by in the pace grit and determination days.

Everyone is reading into Florentino's "Yes, it would be good if the manager spoke Spanish" comment to say that it will be Rafa. Ancelotti's agent thinks it's Rafa too. Honestly though if Florentino really just wants a puppet coach who will align the BBC without and questions, the more likely candidate is Michel.

Grr
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue May 26, 2015 8:50 pm

Rafa Benítez has been seduced by his own myth
by Kirsten Schlewitz

Saturday’s loss at Roma should’ve been the final, gasping breath for Rafa Benítez. The Spaniard had kept his Napoli side in third for much of the season, but after five straight games without a win, it’d fallen to sixth, eight out of the third and final Serie A Champions League spot. Sure, Rafa’s men made it to the semifinals of the Coppa Italia, but lifting that trophy doesn’t earn a team a spot in Europe’s top competition. And putting all his chips on another Europa League victory doesn’t seem wise, particularly as Napoli’s next opponent in this year’s tournament is Germany’s red-hot Wolfsburg.

Yet that’s exactly what Rafa seems to be doing, to the utter dismay of the Napoli fans – and the complete delight of other ambitious Italian clubs. Last month, a nearly full-strength squad faced Dynamo Moscow at the San Paolo. A brace from Gonzalo Higuaín helped the hosts to a 3-1 victory, but three days later, Napoli’s B-side lost at Hellas Verona. Fair enough, you say. Rafa got his side a decent advantage in Europe. But, then, how to explain the second leg, again comprised of Napoli’s best attackers, who all went on to stumble to a draw against Atalanta?

Napoli fans could go on and on about Rafa’s inadequacies. There’s his complete and utter inability to know how to get the best of their captain, the talented Slovakian midfielder Marek Hamšík. His insistence on using the likes of midfielder Walter Gargano and defender Miguel Britos leaves many puzzled. But, perhaps more than anything, Rafa’s refusal to commit to staying in Naples – and his belief that it matters not at all to his players – angers fans the most. The manager’s ego seems to swell even as results slip. And the thing is, Rafa might be correct in assuming he can land a bigger gig than his current one. Somehow, the myth of this manager manages to live on.

When Benítez left Liverpool in the summer of 2010, he not only had 6 million pounds in his pocket but landed a cushy job at a club that had just claimed the right to call itself the Best In The World. When he left Inter a mere six months later, Serie A’s defending champion was 13 points off the pace. Yet rumors still swirled about his next appointment. Would it be Juventus? Might it even be Real Madrid? Or could he even return to Anfield, where the gates had been adorned with signs reading “Rafa come home” and “Rafa is Scouse.”

Instead, Benítez took some time away. Got to know himself. Learned how to execute a perfect downward-facing dog, discovered where to eat the best cacio e pepe and found love in Bali. Then he went back to England, where he was lovingly welcomed into Chelsea’s warm bosom. After subsequently watching their side fail to progress out of the Champions League group stage, lose to the bottom team in the Premier League, and make a big deal out of winning the Europa League, those Blues fans simply adored Rafa.

At least, that’s how the story’s told. “Benitez waves goodbye to Chelsea with reputation enhanced” the headlines shouted. Two years earlier, the stories had read, “Rafael Benitez reborn with Inter Milan in Serie A.” In reality, Nerazzurri fans continue to disparage Rafa as the man who wrecked their club, and Chelsea supporters cackle with glee when he stumbles. It’s been a decade, now, since Rafa won the Champions League with Liverpool, longer since one of his sides claimed a league title. Yet, somehow, the cult of Rafa lives on.

There’s no denying Benítez’s early successes, although perhaps even those have been overblown. At Valencia, he inherited a squad that had reached two successive Champions League finals, although it’d finished fifth the season before Rafa took over. In his first season in charge, Valencia took the title, but in the next, it was right back down to fifth. The 2003-04 season brought another title, but also a dispute with the club’s director of football. Rafa resigned.

But it’s down to Liverpool that Rafa’s reputation endures. Obviously there are reasonable individuals able to look at his time at Merseyside and see his weaknesses. Benítez is a bit of a control freak and unable to endure much criticism, which means he often burns bridges with clubs, fracturing relationships with officials before he goes. Some of the same problems that cropped up at Liverpool were still present when he moved on to Chelsea, and in fact are evident today at Napoli: a rotation policy that often feels unnecessary; expensive buys, yet a lack of cover; and the inability to keep his players motivated. Oh, and an arrogance that’s starting to look misplaced.

But Rafa continues to perpetuate his own myth. Less than two weeks ago, Benítez responded to the accusation of being a “Cup Coach” by harkening back to 2005, that magical year when Liverpool lifted the Champions League trophy in Istanbul. Rafa behaved as though a decade hadn’t passed, telling the media what he’d said in the dressing room on that fateful night. You can almost imagine a dreamlike mist filling the pressroom, carrying with it reminders of that Turkish glory.

That Champions League trophy still carries weight, and its presence is big enough to blot out the fact Rafa hasn’t won a league title since leaving Spain. But the fact remains that Rafa’s weaknesses are outweighing his strengths, and that’s becoming more and more obvious with every game at Napoli plays.

Despite the recent rumors linking him with big name clubs – the Manchester Citys, the Paris Saint-Germains – it feels as though Rafa’s story is unravelling. Unless he weaves a tale of redemption with Napoli, leading them to the podium in Warsaw, it’s hard to see him landing a gig with an elite club. The memories, finally, are starting to tarnish.

The problem is, Rafa still believes in his own myth. Rafa feels he deserves a better offer than this Italian side that can’t even qualify for the Champions League. What he’s likely to get, however, is a phone call from a lower-mid-table club in England, one for whom the nostalgia for what Benítez can do still hasn’t worn off.

http://fusion.net/story/115652/rafa-benitez-has-been-seduced-by-his-own-myth/
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue May 26, 2015 8:56 pm

http://www.sscnapoli.it/static/news/Este-jueves,-rueda-de-prensa-De-Laurentiis-Ben%C3%ADtez-5477.aspx

Rolling Eyes
messiah

Post by messiah on Tue May 26, 2015 9:25 pm

i think it will be Emery, he deserves a shot at the top

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 26, 2017 2:47 am