Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Share
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Tue May 26, 2015 9:27 pm

messiah wrote:i think it will be Emery, he deserves a shot at the top

We'll see. I wouldn't mind Unai.
avatar
King Modric

Number of posts : 910
Supports : Real Madrid, soft spot for Liverpool
Favourite Player : Modric, Casillas, Alonso, Jese, Isco, Bale
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by King Modric on Wed May 27, 2015 1:28 am

I'm terrified of Rafa. As someone said earlier, Ancelotti was ideal for us (not perfect but hit more criteria than anyone else I can think of). I'm hoping for Klopp and or Emery but I fear it'll be Rafa, who is a true head scratcher if there ever was one. I haven't seen that much of Pogba but could he be the DM Rafa wants? I think Pogba plays more box to box but at least he has the physique to do the job. It's just fucking madness to think about though. We've finally constructed a side with the midfielders to play modern possession football and how bitter would it be to throw it away for Rafa's shit on a stick double pivote.

Arguably, Perez constructed the decima winning side and has now deconstructed it with his idiosyncrasies. No doubt he was brilliant (or lucky) to invest so heavily when the market was at its nadir in 2009. That alone secured us, got us back into the CL semis and gave us the profile we needed just as TV rights exploded and the Arabs entered football and drove player prices through the sky. That was brilliant and gave us a massive financial advantage. But letting Alonso leave (even if that was his wish, we didn't need to be so accommodating) and selling Di Maria was foolish, even though James has been great. Mostly I disagree with letting Alonso leave with no real replacement. We were able to play very well this year but I do think we were underweight, though I'll concede that it's hard to prove seeing as how injuries did us in. I'm no Benitez but we need at least one midfielder who can play competent DM while also being able to play good football, like Xabi could do. Sergio Ramos did well at times in the DM role but he was dire in Turin and I am certain we'd have won that tie with Xabi in the team.
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Wed May 27, 2015 5:08 am

I don't know for certain my suspicion is that Pogba is not the DM that Benitez will be after. There are a few names that I can think of that would not be bad: Javi Martinez, Bruno, Ander Iturraspe, and Kondogbia. Kondogbia seems to play more box to box with Monaco (at least based on the handful of CL games I saw him play this year) but in Sevilla he played much deeper. At least these guys are all footballing DMs. The real problem is that if we play with a strict DM (which Benitez will insist on) then it leaves either Kroos or Modric out. Rafa is known for his crazy rotation so maybe the distribution of minutes would be more widespread (one legitimate critique of Ancelotti).

But again, I think the wings are going to be a problem. Ronaldo and Bale simply do not function in a Benitez 4-2-3-1. With Jose, he accomodated Ronaldo because on the other side he had Di Maria who ran himself into the ground game in and game out. But if you look at the guys Benitez preferes: Callejon, Kuyt, Rufete. It doesn't matter what era you look at he likes facking runners on the wing. Again, what does this mean? Is Bale going? Is Ronaldo going? Is Benzema going and Ronaldo will play up top.

You can definitely criticize Ancelotti for the design of the 2014/15 squad. He is being blamed for the injuries which I'm never entirely sure how much blame you can really assign to the manager and the medical staff. Some of it, surely, is bad luck.

But he played attacking football, fostered good relationships with the players. He transmitted a sense of calm. And he won the bloody CL 13 years after the fact.

Rafa is the complete opposite of all that. The first 0-0 against Levante and the Madrid press will have the knives out and Rafa will, sooner or later, have a colossal meltdown.
avatar
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Age : 28
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Super Progress on Wed May 27, 2015 3:05 pm

I think it will be similar to Mourinho's team. Mourinho was forced to live with Ronaldo not having defensive duties and playing more offensive football than he would like to. Benitez will be forced to do the same. So I don't think he will get to drop Modric or Kroos. Unless they sell Ronaldo this will be a bad move for Bale because Benitez can be coerced into giving Ronaldo carte blanche but he will have to compensate for that with another winger doing dirty work. So I doubt the team will change. The only major likely change in the line-up would be Marcelo if we get somebody else. Benitez likes to defend in two banks of four. So he can play a 4-4-2 with Ronaldo given a free role. The mentality of the team will change however and we won't be going for the jugular. Benitez will more likely to restrain Modric so Kroos isn't left with too much work in a role he is still getting used to(defensively).

So I don't see much downside to Benitez except that he will not get on with the players. He is not ideal(Ancelotti) but I can live with it.
avatar
King Modric

Number of posts : 910
Supports : Real Madrid, soft spot for Liverpool
Favourite Player : Modric, Casillas, Alonso, Jese, Isco, Bale
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by King Modric on Wed May 27, 2015 3:41 pm

I mean, what is the point of a 2 DM system when most teams park the bus against us? It might be helpful in the CL against select opponents (Barca, Bayern) but that's about it and I'm not convinced it's even helpful in those circumstances. Last year we had it right: one excellent footballing DM (Xabi) paired with Modric and a pretty talented facking runner in Di Maria. If we have 2 DMs and 2 facking runners I don't see how we can possibly win the league - we'll drop so many points for a lack of goals against parked busses. I really, really hate this.
avatar
abundance

Number of posts : 1514
Age : 38
Supports : FC Inter
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by abundance on Wed May 27, 2015 4:58 pm

Super Progress wrote:So I don't see much downside to Benitez except that he will not get on with the players. He is not ideal(Ancelotti) but I can live with it.

I don't know, from what I saw of Benitez down here in Italy I'd say that:

- he's often found out tactically,
- can't organize a defense to save his life,
- he's bad at rotating,
- tends to develop soft spots for perplexing footballers,
- doesn't gel much with the players,
- neither he inspires them,
- he's often petty with the press,
- and has got a distinctly pathetic way of spinning himself as a very modern football professional.

Apart from that, he's a very experienced manager that's as good as anyone else out there.

Guest
Guest

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Guest on Wed May 27, 2015 6:03 pm

Super Progress probably knows this but he has to save face by sticking to his "progress" agenda.
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Wed May 27, 2015 6:29 pm

King Modric wrote:I mean, what is the point of a 2 DM system when most teams park the bus against us? It might be helpful in the CL against select opponents (Barca, Bayern) but that's about it and I'm not convinced it's even helpful in those circumstances. Last year we had it right: one excellent footballing DM (Xabi) paired with Modric and a pretty talented facking runner in Di Maria. If we have 2 DMs and 2 facking runners I don't see how we can possibly win the league - we'll drop so many points for a lack of goals against parked busses. I really, really hate this.

Ale
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Wed May 27, 2015 6:54 pm

Super Progress wrote:I think it will be similar to Mourinho's team. Mourinho was forced to live with Ronaldo not having defensive duties and playing more offensive football than he would like to. Benitez will be forced to do the same. So I don't think he will get to drop Modric or Kroos. Unless they sell Ronaldo this will be a bad move for Bale because Benitez can be coerced into giving Ronaldo carte blanche but he will have to compensate for that with another winger doing dirty work. So I doubt the team will change.  The only major likely change in the line-up would be Marcelo if we get somebody else. Benitez likes to defend in two banks of four. So he can play a 4-4-2 with Ronaldo given a free role. The mentality of the team will change however and we won't be going for the jugular. Benitez will more likely to restrain Modric so Kroos isn't left with too much work in a role he is still getting used to(defensively).

So I don't see much downside to Benitez except that he will not get on with the players. He is not ideal(Ancelotti) but I can live with it.

If Jose got to align Khedira, Benitez will be allowed to put a DM. He may be forced to live with Bale and Ronaldo if neither leaves.

If he were to employ a 4-4-2 and he played Bale on the left maybe that would be something that Ancelotti never did. But i've never seen Rafa play 4-4-2 so I don't feel optimistic that he will start now.
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Thu May 28, 2015 2:24 pm

Some interesting rumours ahead of Rafa's arrival. Whether or not they prove to be true or not, we shall see.

1. Coentrao and Illarra will stay. Rafa wants a more defensively reliable option than Marcelo. The club were closing in on a deal for Gaya but then he renewed his deal with Valencia and the buyout went from 19m to 55m. RM have already been raped by Porto once with this ridiculous Danilo signing so they are not interested in Alex Sandro, apparently. Coentrao thinks he will get a second chance with a new manager. Illarra was set to leave if Ancelotti stayed but he also believes he will get a new chance with Rafa. He was linked with a move to Napoli last January and I think Rafa likes that he can be a facking runner.


2. Assistants. Rafa will come with his team of assistants - Antonio Gomez, Xavi Valero (goalkeepers), Paco de Miguel (physio). He also wants to have an assistant from within the club. Marca is claiming that he wants to bring back Zidane as an assistant to the first team.

3. Casemiro. F*cking Porto! They executed the option to buy in Casemiro's contract (2m I think). Rafa is interested but now RM will have to activate the buyback clause which will cost 7m. Grrrr...

4. Cheryshev. Rafa likes Cheryshev a lot. He has had a very good season on loan at Villarreal. 7 goals and 11 assists in the league I think. He would be a willing runner.

avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Thu May 28, 2015 3:15 pm

Also, the club have released an official statement denying any contact with Pogba's agent or any intention of signing the player. Rolling Eyes

#WelcomeToMadridPaul
avatar
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Age : 28
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Super Progress on Thu May 28, 2015 5:23 pm

Jaime wrote:
Super Progress wrote:I think it will be similar to Mourinho's team. Mourinho was forced to live with Ronaldo not having defensive duties and playing more offensive football than he would like to. Benitez will be forced to do the same. So I don't think he will get to drop Modric or Kroos. Unless they sell Ronaldo this will be a bad move for Bale because Benitez can be coerced into giving Ronaldo carte blanche but he will have to compensate for that with another winger doing dirty work. So I doubt the team will change.  The only major likely change in the line-up would be Marcelo if we get somebody else. Benitez likes to defend in two banks of four. So he can play a 4-4-2 with Ronaldo given a free role. The mentality of the team will change however and we won't be going for the jugular. Benitez will more likely to restrain Modric so Kroos isn't left with too much work in a role he is still getting used to(defensively).

So I don't see much downside to Benitez except that he will not get on with the players. He is not ideal(Ancelotti) but I can live with it.

If Jose got to align Khedira, Benitez will be allowed to put a DM. He may be forced to live with Bale and Ronaldo if neither leaves.

If he were to employ a 4-4-2 and he played Bale on the left maybe that would be something that Ancelotti never did. But i've never seen Rafa play 4-4-2 so I don't feel optimistic that he will start now.
Jose got Khedira because we had Gago before who was a nothing. Displacing Kroos is an entirely different matter. Just as

I don't get all this mentioning of runners in the team. If Benitez had a free hand to construct the team in his image then yes he would balance it out with runners. But we already have a starting line up and he won't get that freedom just like Mourinho had restrictions on him.

Cheryshev+Casemiro coming back is perfect. Coentrao staying is great. Illarramendi should be replaced though. He offers little to nothing for the team. He has had 2 years to prove himself and done nothing. This season has proven that we can't rely on him. We can't make this mistake again. On the other hand it is unlikely that we will be as unlucky with Modric's injuries next season. We just need a back up striker for Benzema and with Negredo a possibility we could beef up the squad for next season without spending much at all.


--Bale(Isco)----Kroos(Casemiro)---Modric(Illarramendi)---James(Cheryshev)


--------------Benzema(?)-----Ronaldo(Jese)
avatar
Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
Age : 34
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Cristiano on Thu May 28, 2015 7:23 pm

[quote="Jaime"]Also, the club have released an official statement denying any contact with Pogba's agent or any intention of signing the player. Rolling Eyes

#WelcomeToMadridPaul[/quote]

lol!
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Fri May 29, 2015 2:33 pm

Super Progress wrote:
Jaime wrote:
Super Progress wrote:I think it will be similar to Mourinho's team. Mourinho was forced to live with Ronaldo not having defensive duties and playing more offensive football than he would like to. Benitez will be forced to do the same. So I don't think he will get to drop Modric or Kroos. Unless they sell Ronaldo this will be a bad move for Bale because Benitez can be coerced into giving Ronaldo carte blanche but he will have to compensate for that with another winger doing dirty work. So I doubt the team will change.  The only major likely change in the line-up would be Marcelo if we get somebody else. Benitez likes to defend in two banks of four. So he can play a 4-4-2 with Ronaldo given a free role. The mentality of the team will change however and we won't be going for the jugular. Benitez will more likely to restrain Modric so Kroos isn't left with too much work in a role he is still getting used to(defensively).

So I don't see much downside to Benitez except that he will not get on with the players. He is not ideal(Ancelotti) but I can live with it.

If Jose got to align Khedira, Benitez will be allowed to put a DM. He may be forced to live with Bale and Ronaldo if neither leaves.

If he were to employ a 4-4-2 and he played Bale on the left maybe that would be something that Ancelotti never did. But i've never seen Rafa play 4-4-2 so I don't feel optimistic that he will start now.
Jose got Khedira because we had Gago before who was a nothing. Displacing Kroos is an entirely different matter. Just as

I don't get all this mentioning of runners in the team. If Benitez had a free hand to construct the team in his image then yes he would balance it out with runners. But we already have a starting line up and he won't get that freedom just like Mourinho had restrictions on him.

Cheryshev+Casemiro coming back is perfect. Coentrao staying is great. Illarramendi should be replaced though. He offers little to nothing for the team. He has had 2 years to prove himself and done nothing. This season has proven that we can't rely on him. We can't make this mistake again. On the other hand it is unlikely that we will be as unlucky with Modric's injuries next season. We just need a back up striker for Benzema and with Negredo a possibility we could beef up the squad for next season without spending much at all.


--Bale(Isco)----Kroos(Casemiro)---Modric(Illarramendi)---James(Cheryshev)


--------------Benzema(?)-----Ronaldo(Jese)

Casemiro is officially a Porto player. The numbers I had were incorrect. Porto have paid 15m for the player. I don't know if there is a buy back clause or not. I read one article saying that Madrid could pay 7,5m to nullify the option-to-buy (15m) that Porto had in the loan contract but I don't know if that is true.

Jose had restrictions but he was able to add at least two workers (Khedira and Di Maria). Khedira was shit. Di Maria was a top class runner. Benitez will have to live with Bale and Ronaldo in the XI so he won't get the freedom to play with wingers in the mold that he prefers. But that's why I'm almost certain he will insist on a DM. If I am wrong I will be the first to admit that Benitez has changed and is more flexible than I imagined. But let's see. I wouldn't be surprised if the first signing is a DM. And it can be ok as long as the player is closer to Javi Martinez than Mahamadou Diarra. But like I said, I see almost zero possibility that the preferred XI will include Kroos and Modric. Unless Benitez pushes Modric further forward and drops the likes of James. Which would also be sad.
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Fri May 29, 2015 2:37 pm

Apparently the main obstacle with Casemiro returning is that he is a non-EU foreign player and Madrid have Danilo, Lucas Silva, and James occupying the 3 places for next year. Now, if that is the case why would we not send Lucas Silva on loan who has had "adaptation" problems (nice way of saying he is useless) and bring back Casemiro? I think there is a back story that we don't know. There is just no visible evidence why Casemiro should be ostracized like this.
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Fri May 29, 2015 2:40 pm

Official presentation of Benitez will be Wednesday.
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Fri May 29, 2015 2:42 pm

I haven't listened to the press conference given by De Laurentiis and Rafa but apparently Rafa said, "I can adapt to any team. If a team has quality attacking players, I will play on the attack."

Seeing is believing...

Rolling Eyes

Guest
Guest

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Guest on Fri May 29, 2015 2:56 pm

I am just reading Fear and Loathing in La Liga by Sid Lowe.

And it turns out that you stole Di Stefano from us, even going as far as using government officials to threaten our president.

I quote:

"In 1980, Lluis Permanyer, whose father was the vice-secretary at Barcelona between 1948 and 1953, wrote in La Vanguardia of 'a whole array of pressures applied to Barcelona to make them renounce their claim (of Di Stefano)'. Two years later in an interview with El Pais, Narcis de Carreras claimed that Marti had been pressured into ceding the rights to Di Stefano and insisted that Barcelona's board members had been followed by detectives and their premises bugged. 'Marti even had a call from a high-level civil servant from the Ministry of Commerce who said to him: "up until now you've had no problems with the Institute of Foreign Currency but if you persist with Di Stefano we don't know what might happen". ' And in 1997, the Barcelona director Jose Maria Azorin told Jordi Finestres and Xavier Luque, the Catalan authors of an impressively researched account of the signing: '' Marti didn't have any other way out. I didn't give details (at the time), I couldn't! If I had, I would have gone to jail. Something far worse would have happened. '

According to the former Barcelona director Josep Maria Minguella, a friend apparently warned Marti: ' Be sensible, you have family.' And even Di Stefano remembered: 'I heard that Enric Marti had received threats because he had business interests in Morocco. That's the kind of thing they said: there was talk of them investigating where he got his money from, of pressure from Madrid.'"



Not a very classy way of signing a player.


Last edited by Més que un worm on Fri May 29, 2015 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Fri May 29, 2015 2:57 pm

Some other miscellaneous notes:

1. The club has officially eliminated the 'C' team from the youth setup. Really was always a pointless category because from Juvenil A if you are good enough in theory you should go straight to RM Castilla. I think the only player that went from 'C' to the first team was Raul but that was a very unique case.

2. A lot of rumours saying that Arbeloa could now stay. He was one of Benitez's 'soldiers' from their Liverpool days. No idea where he would play if Coentrao stays plus Marcelo plus Carvajal plus Danilo. Arbeloa for his part has said he wants to finish is contract but I guess we'll see.

3. I was reading a story in El Confidencial and apparently Joachim Low was the first choice to replace Ancelotti. The club also was asking about Ernesto Valverde (which would have been a very interesting choice!) but neither he wanted to leave Athletic nor Athletic wanted him to leave so it was dead. Jose Angel Sanchez put together an report on Benitez highlighting his "modern methodology" and a more "sophisticated tactical approach". These are exactly the same phrases that Florentino used when he did not renew Vicente Del Bosque. It seems like the managers who win CL's for RM are not modern enough! Rolling Eyes

4. There is one rumour out there that not everything is done and dusted with Rafa. The final stumbling block is that Benitez is insisting on a three year contract while Florentino only wants to give him two. Apparently Rafa still has a deal in place with West Ham and this source is saying if he doesn't get the third year he will go back to England. Seems like a stretch but you never know.

5. Real Madrid is apparently considering a move for Sergio Rico, Sevilla's excellent young goalkeeper. His buyout clause is only 12m and after his excellent performances in Europa League especially, the club think he may be a viable alternative to De Gea depending on how the negotiations go with Man Utd. They do have the advantage that De Gea will be free to leave in 2016 but if United try to hold on for 40m or something, RM might just pay Sergio Rico's buyout.
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Fri May 29, 2015 2:58 pm

Més que un worm wrote:I am just reading Fear and Loathing in La Liga by Sid Lowe.

And it turns out that you stole Di Stefano from us, even going as far as using government officials to threaten our president.

I quote:

"In 1980, Lluis Permanyer, whose father was the vice-secretary at Barcelona between 1948 and 1953, wrote in La Vanguardia of 'a whole array of pressures applied to Barcelona to make them renounce their claim (of Di Stefano)'. Two years later in an interview with El Pais, Narcis de Carreras claimed that Marti had been pressured into ceding the rights to Di Stefano and insisted that Barcelona's board members had been followed by detectives and their premises bugged. 'Marti even had a call from a high-level civil servant from the Ministry of Commerce who said to him: "up until now you've had no problems with the Institute of Foreign Currency but if you persist with Di Stefano we don't know what might happen". ' And in 1997, the Barcelona director Jose Maria Azorin told Jordi Finestres and Xavier Luque, the Catalan authors of an impressively researched account of the signing: '' Marti didn't have any other way out. I didn't give details (at the time), I couldn't! If I had, I would have gone to jail. Something far worse would have happened. '


lol!

Oh yes because you should believe everything Lowe writes.

Guest
Guest

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Guest on Fri May 29, 2015 3:03 pm

Jaime wrote:

5. Real Madrid is apparently considering a move for Sergio Rico, Sevilla's excellent young goalkeeper. His buyout clause is only 12m and after his excellent performances in Europa League especially, the club think he may be a viable alternative to De Gea depending on how the negotiations go with Man Utd. They do have the advantage that De Gea will be free to leave in 2016 but if United try to hold on for 40m or something, RM might just pay Sergio Rico's buyout.

He weren't excellent in the final. Did you see his positioning for Dnipro's free kick goal?

Guest
Guest

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Guest on Fri May 29, 2015 3:05 pm

Jaime wrote:
Més que un worm wrote:I am just reading Fear and Loathing in La Liga by Sid Lowe.

And it turns out that you stole Di Stefano from us, even going as far as using government officials to threaten our president.

I quote:

"In 1980, Lluis Permanyer, whose father was the vice-secretary at Barcelona between 1948 and 1953, wrote in La Vanguardia of 'a whole array of pressures applied to Barcelona to make them renounce their claim (of Di Stefano)'. Two years later in an interview with El Pais, Narcis de Carreras claimed that Marti had been pressured into ceding the rights to Di Stefano and insisted that Barcelona's board members had been followed by detectives and their premises bugged. 'Marti even had a call from a high-level civil servant from the Ministry of Commerce who said to him: "up until now you've had no problems with the Institute of Foreign Currency but if you persist with Di Stefano we don't know what might happen". ' And in 1997, the Barcelona director Jose Maria Azorin told Jordi Finestres and Xavier Luque, the Catalan authors of an impressively researched account of the signing: '' Marti didn't have any other way out. I didn't give details (at the time), I couldn't! If I had, I would have gone to jail. Something far worse would have happened. '


lol!

Oh yes because you should believe everything Lowe writes.

Why would he lie about that? He loves Real Madrid.

Scroll back up and read the second paragraph that you didn't highlight, Di Stefano even admits to Real Madrid's "pressuring" techniques.


Last edited by Més que un worm on Fri May 29, 2015 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Fri May 29, 2015 3:05 pm

Més que un worm wrote:
Jaime wrote:

5. Real Madrid is apparently considering a move for Sergio Rico, Sevilla's excellent young goalkeeper. His buyout clause is only 12m and after his excellent performances in Europa League especially, the club think he may be a viable alternative to De Gea depending on how the negotiations go with Man Utd. They do have the advantage that De Gea will be free to leave in 2016 but if United try to hold on for 40m or something, RM might just pay Sergio Rico's buyout.

He weren't excellent in the final. Did you see his positioning for Dnipro's free kick goal?

Yeah he should have probably been another step to his right. But he made some excellent saves as well, not just in the final.

Guest
Guest

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Guest on Fri May 29, 2015 3:07 pm

Jaime wrote:
Més que un worm wrote:
Jaime wrote:

5. Real Madrid is apparently considering a move for Sergio Rico, Sevilla's excellent young goalkeeper. His buyout clause is only 12m and after his excellent performances in Europa League especially, the club think he may be a viable alternative to De Gea depending on how the negotiations go with Man Utd. They do have the advantage that De Gea will be free to leave in 2016 but if United try to hold on for 40m or something, RM might just pay Sergio Rico's buyout.

He weren't excellent in the final. Did you see his positioning for Dnipro's free kick goal?

Yeah he should have probably been another step to his right. But he made some excellent saves as well, not just in the final.

Yeah, I am not saying he isn't good. La Liga (and the Spanish national team) is blessed when it comes to Goalkeepers.
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Fri May 29, 2015 3:13 pm

Més que un worm wrote:
Jaime wrote:
Més que un worm wrote:I am just reading Fear and Loathing in La Liga by Sid Lowe.

And it turns out that you stole Di Stefano from us, even going as far as using government officials to threaten our president.

I quote:

"In 1980, Lluis Permanyer, whose father was the vice-secretary at Barcelona between 1948 and 1953, wrote in La Vanguardia of 'a whole array of pressures applied to Barcelona to make them renounce their claim (of Di Stefano)'. Two years later in an interview with El Pais, Narcis de Carreras claimed that Marti had been pressured into ceding the rights to Di Stefano and insisted that Barcelona's board members had been followed by detectives and their premises bugged. 'Marti even had a call from a high-level civil servant from the Ministry of Commerce who said to him: "up until now you've had no problems with the Institute of Foreign Currency but if you persist with Di Stefano we don't know what might happen". ' And in 1997, the Barcelona director Jose Maria Azorin told Jordi Finestres and Xavier Luque, the Catalan authors of an impressively researched account of the signing: '' Marti didn't have any other way out. I didn't give details (at the time), I couldn't! If I had, I would have gone to jail. Something far worse would have happened. '


lol!

Oh yes because you should believe everything Lowe writes.

Why would he lie about that? He loves Real Madrid.

Scroll back up and read the second paragraph that you didn't highlight, Di Stefano even admits to Real Madrid's "pressuring" techniques.

Sid Lowe loves RM???? No, he loves Oviedo.

According to your quote Di Stefano "heard" stories. There are lots of whispers of hocus pocus by Farsa sympathizers and they'll do anything to bring up Franco. But you can believe whatever you want. I honestly am not bothered with arguing about something that happened 60 years ago.
avatar
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Age : 28
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Super Progress on Fri May 29, 2015 5:32 pm

Jaime wrote:
Super Progress wrote:
Jaime wrote:
Super Progress wrote:I think it will be similar to Mourinho's team. Mourinho was forced to live with Ronaldo not having defensive duties and playing more offensive football than he would like to. Benitez will be forced to do the same. So I don't think he will get to drop Modric or Kroos. Unless they sell Ronaldo this will be a bad move for Bale because Benitez can be coerced into giving Ronaldo carte blanche but he will have to compensate for that with another winger doing dirty work. So I doubt the team will change.  The only major likely change in the line-up would be Marcelo if we get somebody else. Benitez likes to defend in two banks of four. So he can play a 4-4-2 with Ronaldo given a free role. The mentality of the team will change however and we won't be going for the jugular. Benitez will more likely to restrain Modric so Kroos isn't left with too much work in a role he is still getting used to(defensively).

So I don't see much downside to Benitez except that he will not get on with the players. He is not ideal(Ancelotti) but I can live with it.

If Jose got to align Khedira, Benitez will be allowed to put a DM. He may be forced to live with Bale and Ronaldo if neither leaves.

If he were to employ a 4-4-2 and he played Bale on the left maybe that would be something that Ancelotti never did. But i've never seen Rafa play 4-4-2 so I don't feel optimistic that he will start now.
Jose got Khedira because we had Gago before who was a nothing. Displacing Kroos is an entirely different matter. Just as

I don't get all this mentioning of runners in the team. If Benitez had a free hand to construct the team in his image then yes he would balance it out with runners. But we already have a starting line up and he won't get that freedom just like Mourinho had restrictions on him.

Cheryshev+Casemiro coming back is perfect. Coentrao staying is great. Illarramendi should be replaced though. He offers little to nothing for the team. He has had 2 years to prove himself and done nothing. This season has proven that we can't rely on him. We can't make this mistake again. On the other hand it is unlikely that we will be as unlucky with Modric's injuries next season. We just need a back up striker for Benzema and with Negredo a possibility we could beef up the squad for next season without spending much at all.


--Bale(Isco)----Kroos(Casemiro)---Modric(Illarramendi)---James(Cheryshev)


--------------Benzema(?)-----Ronaldo(Jese)

Casemiro is officially a Porto player. The numbers I had were incorrect. Porto have paid 15m for the player. I don't know if there is a buy back clause or not. I read one article saying that Madrid could pay 7,5m to nullify the option-to-buy (15m) that Porto had in the loan contract but I don't know if that is true.

Jose had restrictions but he was able to add at least two workers (Khedira and Di Maria). Khedira was shit. Di Maria was a top class runner. Benitez will have to live with Bale and Ronaldo in the XI so he won't get the freedom to play with wingers in the mold that he prefers. But that's why I'm almost certain he will insist on a DM. If I am wrong I will be the first to admit that Benitez has changed and is more flexible than I imagined. But let's see. I wouldn't be surprised if the first signing is a DM. And it can be ok as long as the player is closer to Javi Martinez than Mahamadou Diarra. But like I said, I see almost zero possibility that the preferred XI will include Kroos and Modric. Unless Benitez pushes Modric further forward and drops the likes of James. Which would also be sad.

Jose was able to add Khedira because we had no great player in his place. Khedira benched Gago who had become a nobody by then and was a Calderon purchase anyway. And mind you that Jose the most powerful coach we have in the time I have followed the club. So don't count Benitez getting changing the team. The only position I think is realistically up for question is Lb because Marcelo is too attacking.

If Benitez is going to change it will be the mentality of the team and in rotating the team more. I don't mind either of those things. The only thing I fear with Benitez is that he has lost it but I feared the same with Ancelotti.
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Fri May 29, 2015 5:52 pm

I guess this is the paradox. Jose had the power. But typically Rafa has demanded the same and when he hasn't gotten it or lost it he leaves (e.g. Valencia). Like I said, maybe he will play Modric and Kroos and I will have to eat my words. I will just have to see it to believe it.

New rumour: Fernando Morientes will be the 1st team assistant because Zizou is going to pursue managerial positions (Bordeaux seems to be a real possibility).
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:44 pm

So, who would swap Benzema for Aguero?
avatar
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Age : 38
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Jaime on Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:07 pm

Marca also reporting that Casemiro will be back. Who knows!
avatar
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Age : 28
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Super Progress on Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:34 pm

Benitez will get to rotate and probably impose his discipline but he won't get to let a big star sit on the bench for long(Isco and maybe Benzema excepted).

Great news with Casemiro. Now we just need to get Cheryshev back and get Negredo and we have a perfect transfer window. The only way to improve would be to sell Ronaldo for big money to PSG but I think Perez isn't ready to let the cash cow go just yet.

Sponsored content

Re: Real Madrid CF 2014/15

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:28 am