DIE WELTMEISTER!!

blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Re: DIE WELTMEISTER!!

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:07 am

As there was some anti-Poldi propaganda in the English football forum, here is a video about Poldi helping out his home team Bergheim FC. Bergheim is a rather poor working class neighbourhood in Köln where Poldi grew up. Thanks to him and his sponsoring, they now have some very good facilities and the quality of their youth teams has improved dramatically, too.

http://tv.dfb.de/video/der-bergheimer-jung-lukas-podolski/9187/

Ale
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:30 pm

Why I’m glad the Germans are singing my Three Lions

Long may fans carry on belting out Football’s Coming Home – even if that home is firmly in continental Europe

David Baddiel

Earlier this week, I received this tweet: “Yeh thanks for ‘footballs coming home’ as yet again the germans are using it to mug us right off well done”. Seemed a little unfair, I thought.

True, when Frank Skinner and I wrote the lyrics for Three Lions as the England song for Euro 96 we could possibly have predicted that we would go out of that tournament at the semi-final on penalties to the Germans. After all, we’d seen that happen only six years earlier, at Italia 90. But I think it’s unlikely that we could have foreseen that the German team would nick from under our noses not just the tournament but the song.

It’s been going on for a while now. In fact, immediately after Euro 96 (during which Three Lions had topped the UK charts twice) the song tore up the German charts – dislodging, I dunno, the Scorpions and David Hasselhoff, one presumes – to reach Nummer Sechzehn (16). A very little-known fact is that Frank and I actually performed the song on German TV in 1996, on their sporting review of the year. I know this may seem something of a betrayal, but a) we thought it would be funny, which it was, and b) we insisted, despite the protestations of the producers, on wearing 1966 England shirts.

It’s been a staple for German fans since then. I’m told that they had replaced Lions with Stars: Three Stars on their shirts. Now, of course, it will have to be four. Interesting. Various people have suggested to me that the good news for me and Frank is that at Euro 2016, we will finally be able to re-release the song with the well-scanning line “Fifty years of hurt”. So, in the English version the hurt increases; in the German one, the triumph.

Not of the will. Why would you even think that? God.

People ask how it makes me feel, to hear the Germans sing it. Well, there’s a part of me, to be honest, that’s glad someone is still singing it on the terraces. England fans seem to have stopped. There are two reasons for this. One is the England band, who play resolutely through every game, and who have done a weird thing of unilaterally deciding, via the medium of loud horn instruments, what England fans should sing. Which seems to be mainly God Save The Fucking Queen, Rule Fucking Britannia, and The Great Fucking Escape. But not, for some reason, Three Fucking Lions.

And the other reason of course is that the song – particularly the refrain, Football’s Coming Home, which is what was chanted repeatedly by the crowd in Euro 96 – is only generated by, um, England doing well. No one is going to be chanting about football coming home when, as has been mainly the case in recent years, it’s actually lost somewhere on the wrong night bus with an out-of-date Oyster card.

However, I am aware, of course, of the irony of the Germans singing it. (I’m not sure the Germans are aware of the irony. I get the impression that for them, post-1996, it was just a matter-of-fact thing: “Ve have von ze tournament, so ve vill haf the song. Danke!”) It rubs hard against an England fan’s sensibilities; to say nothing of an England Jewish-from-refugee-stock fan’s sensibilities.

But in this World Cup, there was no real getting away from it. If football was coming home, it wasn’t coming anywhere near these shores. It was heading bang square towards continental Europe, hoping for a frankfurter and a comforting gluhwein when it got there. It was clear to any football fan, that the Germans – Colombia and James Rodríguez notwithstanding – were playing the best football at this tournament. So one would have to be a hardened remember-er indeed of the war (and the 1970 quarter-final; and the 1990 semi; and the … etc, etc) to begrudge them a tune to go with that football. Even if hearing them sing it does mug us right off.

• David Baddiel’s new panel show, Don’t Make Me Laugh, begins on Radio 4 at 11pm on Thursday

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jul/16/germans-singing-three-lions-footballs-coming-home

Laughing Ale
Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Allez les rouges on Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:56 pm

Great stuff from the boys last night Ale – Kimmich and Öztunali/Seelerenkel looked really quite something.

blutgraetsche wrote:I’m not sure the Germans are aware of the irony. I get the impression that for them, post-1996, it was just a matter-of-fact thing: “Ve have von ze tournament, so ve vill haf the song. Danke!”

Biggrin Ale

It's nice that Baddiel is happy for Germans to have his song – particularly as he's so intent on going to extreme lengths to stop Spurs fans proclaiming themselves as Yids in song (although being a Chelsea fan it has fuck-all to do with him, Jew or not).
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:41 pm

1996....on the balcony of the Frankfurter Römer, after bringing back the cup...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9p0LEmFvuw

Very Happy
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:38 am

Highlights of the U19 Euro final vs. Portugal

http://tv.dfb.de/video/highlights-em-finale-deutschland-vs-portugal/9197/

The biggest compliment for the work done on all levels in German football is probably the fact that (more than less) all teams park the bus against us these days, no matter on the youth or senior level. Portugal were as attacking as us throughout the tournament, for example, they scored many goals and their best players were attacking players who looked very promising. But in the final against us, they had 10 men behind the ball for roughly 90% of the match.

Otto will like to hear that all youngsters sang the anthem, even those with a migration background. Quite a few of those in this age group... Smile
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:19 pm

Looks like the biggest immediate consequence of the U19 Euro win will be their coach, Marcus Sorg, becoming the new assistant of Löw for the senior team.

EM-Held Sorg auf dem Weg zu Löw

U19-Trainer Marcus Sorg ist nach dem EM-Triumph heißester Kandidat für den Posten an der Seite von Bundestrainer Joachim Löw.

Budapest - Marcus Sorg blieb in der Stunde seines größten Sieges hart. Immer wieder wurde der U19-Trainer nach einer Zukunft als Assistent von Joachim Löw befragt, immer wieder blockte er ab.

"Das ist eine Entscheidung, die alleine der Bundestrainer trifft", sagte der 48-Jährige nach dem EM-Triumph in Ungarn und ging seines Weges.

Ein Weg, der wohl noch lange nicht zu Ende ist. Fest steht: Für die Nachfolge von Hansi Flick gilt Sorg spätestens nach dem Finalsieg gegen Portugal (1:0) als heißester Kandidat.

Vorschlagsrecht hat Löw

Gut möglich, dass der Schwabe schon bald gemeinsam mit dem Badener Löw die Verantwortung für die Weltmeister übernimmt.

"Das kann sein, das haben wir schon oft genug gesagt", sagte DFB-Präsident Wolfgang Niersbach noch in Budapest, betonte aber auch: "Das Vorschlagsrecht hat der Bundestrainer."

Werbung in eigener Sache hat Sorg in den vergangenen Wochen zur Genüge betrieben.

Spieler schwärmen von Sorg

"Er ist einfach ein toller Trainer. Denn wie er den Fußball lebt, ist einzigartig", sagte EM-Torjäger Davie Selke über den Erfolgscoach.

Teamkollege Julian Brandt meinte am Freitag nach der Rückkehr aus Ungarn: "Ich glaube, er hat die Qualität dazu. Er ist ein super Trainer und hätte es sich auf jeden Fall verdient."

Auch U21-Trainer Horst Hrubesch, der die U19 vor sechs Jahren zum Titel geführt hatte, lobte: "Markus hat das perfekt gemacht."

Tuchel nicht mehr auf der Liste

Neben Sorg wird in erster Linie DFB-Chefausbilder und U20-Coach Frank Wormuth gehandelt.

Der 53-Jährige gilt als enger Löw-Vertrauter, er spielte zusammen mit dem späteren Bundestrainer für den SC Freiburg und stand ihm bereits bei Fenerbahce Istanbul als Co-Trainer zur Seite.

Der Ex-Mainzer Thomas Tuchel steht dagegen nicht mehr auf der Liste.

Entscheidung erst im September?

Niersbach deutete in Budapest allerdings an, dass die Entscheidung erst nach dem Länderspiel gegen Argentinien am 3. September fallen könnte.

"Ob das vorher passiert, kann ich heute nicht sagen. Das sehen wir ganz relaxt, und ich weiß, dass Joachim Löw das genauso relaxt sieht", sagte Niersbach.

Sorg sei aber ein "leuchtendes Beispiel dafür, was bei uns in der Nachwuchsarbeit passiert."

Erfolgsduo aus Baden-Württemberg

Zu Löw passen würde Sorg jedenfalls. Der Erfolgscoach spielte und trainierte 43 Jahre ausschließlich in Baden-Württemberg, ehe er 2012 für ein Jahr die U17 des FC Bayern übernahm.

Als Coach des SC Freiburg war der Diplom-Ingenieur (Bauphysik) zuvor ein halbes Jahr in der Bundesliga tätig, doch nach nur 13 Punkten aus 17 Spielen wurde Sorg Ende 2011 als Tabellenletzter entlassen.

Als zu wenig emotional galt er den Fans, Fachleute kritisierten defensive Schwächen seiner Mannschaft und die Tatsache, dass er keinen Spieler weiterentwickelt habe.

Ruhige Art behalten

Seine ruhige Art hat sich Sorg trotzdem erhalten. "Ich komme aus Baden-Württemberg, da sind die Menschen generell ein wenig reservierter", sagte er einmal.

Defensivschwächen oder mangelnde Spieler-Entwicklung wird ihm angesichts des Auftretens der U19 in Ungarn allerdings niemand mehr vorwerfen.

Sollte Sorg tatsächlich befördert werden, steht ihm die Zukunft offen.

Nachfolge offen

Löws Vertrag endet nach der Europameisterschaft 2016 in Frankreich, danach könnte sich der 54-Jährige verabschieden - und die leidige Diskussion um seinen Nachfolger eröffnen.

Es sei denn, der Assistent beweist sich und wird ein weiteres Mal befördert.

So war es bei Löw als Nachfolger von Jürgen Klinsmann, so war es bei Sepp Herberger, Helmut Schön, Jupp Derwall und Berti Vogts.

http://www.sport1.de/de/fussball/fussball_dfbteam/artikel_929534.html

Should be a good choice, although I'm a bit sceptical if he'll be ready to take over the team in 2016, should Löw retire (which is likely). But two years as an assistant is a good start at least.
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny on Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:12 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:Great stuff from the boys last night Ale – Kimmich and Öztunali/Seelerenkel looked really quite something.

blutgraetsche wrote:I’m not sure the Germans are aware of the irony. I get the impression that for them, post-1996, it was just a matter-of-fact thing: “Ve have von ze tournament, so ve vill haf the song. Danke!”

Biggrin Ale

It's nice that Baddiel is happy for Germans to have his song – particularly as he's so intent on going to extreme lengths to stop Spurs fans proclaiming themselves as Yids in song (although being a Chelsea fan it has fuck-all to do with him, Jew or not).

Spot on Allez. Used to like Baddiel, then he started up this yid thing and has proven to be somewhat of a c**t lacking in self awareness.

Good article though. A hell of a lot has changed in Germany and England since those days with regards to their respective NT (well, not in terms of German success or English failure, more the "image" of those sides). Back then it used to feel like heady support and patriotism in England was both unabashedly accepted and prevelant whilst ze Germans were the ones a little embarrassed about such displays of outward nationalism.

Seems under the political backdrop of early 00s and post 2006 when Germany hosted the WC, as well as of course the hype bubble bursting around that so called Golden Generation of English footballers, things have swung in the other direction. There is somewhat of a feeling of embarrasment around being so pro England these days. The teams lack of success doesnt help, but its more than that in my opinion. There is something tired and crass about being a fervent English football right now. Our foreign policies have been a national embarrasment just as much as our performances, our league whilst massively popular is the greediest in Europe, our national anthem is tiresome, and our relationship with Germany has completely changed for anyone except the very simplest of middle aged white van men. When I was a kid, nobody would bat an eyelid singing ten German bombers. Now its only the fat drunk hardcore who think its still appropriate.

The National team here needs a renaissance both on field and image wise to win back the public. Doable, has happened for example with our rugby and cricket teams, the olympic teams too. But most of that came through success on the field first. The football team needs to do more than that, needs to rid itself finally of the knuckle draggers who made a name for themselves in the 80s and still follow the team around, as prehistoric in mindset as some of the football the team plays. For me, if we could find a General - an Englishman who could manage the team who is young, articulate, progressive and forward thinking. Like a Clive Woodward but for football. Change the entire mentality and image of the team both inward and outwardly. Sad fact is such a candidate simply does not currently exist.

As for ze Germans, the simple fact is you only have to scour the parks in England nowadays to see how things have changed. 20 years ago kids here wouldnt have been seen dead in German club or nt shirts. Now they are everywhere. And fully deserved, since 2000 Germany has been a leading light at club and national level but also politically and economically. The stock could not be higher. Germans have every right to be proud. 18 years ago I was furious that the Germans stole three lions after euro 96 heartache. Now I just think its a compliment Laughing

Tchussss you gloriously successful motherfuckers Ale
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:07 am

The best thing about Germany's recent success is that it proves that success can be planned. This means that with the right steps taken, which doesn't necessarily mean the same steps, and the right people in charge, England and other countries can be successful, too. There is no reason to be that pessimistic. On the contrary, it should make you more optimistic about the future.

Fact of the matter is that when we were in deep shit, and the shit was a lot deeper than England are currently in, we started the reforms, inspired by the French who had done similar things before and were successful. We didn't just copy their approach (e.g. no Clairefontaine like central "elite" education, but regional centers (only recently we added something like Clairefontaine to the picture, in addition to the rest), but took the parts that made sense and added our own ideas to it.

That's what England should do. Be inspired by us, the Spanish, whoever, and find your own way. If you do that, success will come. England simply loves the game too much, there is too much tradition and too much money in football not to. <Ale>
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny on Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:33 am

Agreed. It can be done. Stock is low at the moment, reforms have beem made, whether they are enough who knows.

Poldi is still a c**t though, no matter how you try and spin it Ale Wink
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos on Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:53 am

müller------gomez----------reus

can`t see a better front line in world football (from all international teams)
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:09 am

Gomez needs to get fully fit again and stay fit, have a very good season for Fiorentina to be even considered for the NT again. He is not the type of striker Löw prefers, which makes it even more difficult for him. But I wouldn't write him off yet either, as mentioned earlier.
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos on Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:02 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Gomez needs to get fully fit again and stay fit, have a very good season for Fiorentina to be even considered for the NT again. He is not the type of striker Löw prefers, which makes it even more difficult for him. But I wouldn't write him off yet either, as mentioned earlier.

he was ahead of klose at the euros 2012

in an tournament gomez will be more immportant (qualification will be another walk in the park) müller is at it`s best when a natural striker is leading the line
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:35 pm

I'd like him to regain his best form, but so far, he has been disappointing by his standards playing for Fiorentina, albeit most of that due to injuries. He has to get fit and stay fit, that's most important for now. Löw prefered him in 2012 because Klose was in a slump, while Gomez was at the top of his game. But in principle, Löw prefers a different type of striker, one who is more involved in the game and hence works best for a dominant team. Gomez has to improve his pressing in particular, has to harass defenders more and be the first line of defence. Mandzukic may be a worse finisher than him, but his defending was key in the 2013 treble winning season of Bayern, the year after he replaced Gomez there. Gomez could learn a thing or two in this regard.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:32 pm

England’s bid for Euro 2020 boosted as Germany consider dropping Munich

• Wembley and Munich were competing for final stages
• Germany may drop bid in favour of effort for Euro 2024

England’s bid to host the semi-finals and final of Euro 2020 at Wembley may be completely unchallenged at next month’s vote, with Germany FA chiefs considering dropping Munich’s rival bid.

Germany wants to stage Euro 2024 and the German Football Association (DFB) may now only bid for Munich to host group games at Euro 2020 in order not to harm its campaign for the tournament four years later. Uefa is holding Euro 2020 in 13 different countries to mark the 60th anniversary of the tournament and only Wembley and Munich’s Allianz Arena have put in bids to host the climax of the competition – the semi-finals and final – ahead of the vote on 19 September.

The DFB president Wolfgang Niersbach said that a decision on whether to press ahead with a bid for the final remains “open” – but in a huge boost for England’s hopes made it clear that both the DFB and the FA would work together to support each other.

Niersbach said: “We still have the two options – to host the final rounds or four matches in the first rounds. Our decision is open. We have an excellent and wonderful relationship with the England FA. We are sitting together very often and thinking about the possibilities of how we can support the other association.

“It is still open but I am totally convinced that we will have both Wembley and Munich on the land map for Euro 2020. Discussions on the final round are still open. But we are very relaxed about it.”

It is understood talks took place between the FA and DFB in June where the possibility of withdrawing Munich’s bid for the final were raised by the Germans.

Niersbach also confirmed that Germany would bid for Euro 2024, which would be the first major men’s football tournament the country has hosted since its hugely successful World Cup in 2006. “I officially announced already at our general assembly in October 2013 that we want to host Euro 2024,” he added.

The FA has already tried to shore up support for Wembley within Uefa by pulling out of the running to host Fifa’s 2019 women’s World Cup, leaving the field in Europe free for France to bid against South Korea, New Zealand and South Africa.

For the Euro 2024 tournament, Germany would be up against Turkey in the bidding – the Turkish federation withdrew Istanbul as a potential candidate for the Euro 2020 final to target hosting Euro 2024 alone.

Some 19 countries are bidding to host games in Euro 2020, most targeting a package of three group-stage matches in the 24-team tournament, plus a single knockout match from the last 16 or quarter-finals. Glasgow, Cardiff and Dublin have bid to host early matches, along with Bilbao, Rome, Munich, Stockholm, St Petersburg, Amsterdam, Brussels, Copenhagen, Jerusalem, Sofia, Bucharest, Budapest, Baku, Minsk and Skopje.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/06/england-euro-2020-bid-wembley-munich-germany-dfb-football-european-championship

I'm fine with that as long as we do get the full tournament in 2024. Besides, Wembley is a 'Heimspiel' anyway... Smile
Antarion

Number of posts : 3372
Supports : Germany, Bayern
Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:29 am

I would like having the Euros back in the Vaterland, but would also like it, if England or Italy get one. Would totally visit some games there, too.

So its about a month ago since the historic win over Brazil. In my last week of my holidays I searched several football boards of the world for reactions to this game and was suprised, how many teams and countries supported germany actually.
There was only one country that was all against Germany and one that was a bit torn, but i guess still 60-40 for Germany.
Have a guess. Smile
Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges on Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:24 pm

I would have assumed the most anti country would be Austria – would have thought even now they'd be 75% supporting the opposition...
Antarion

Post by Antarion on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:20 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:I would have assumed the most anti country would be Austria – would have thought even now they'd be 75% supporting the opposition...

Spot on Allez. It's indeed Austria.

Its really interesting that all the old rivals like Netherlands, England or France where mainly for Germany. Also Mexico, Australia, Spain, Argentina (obv), Iran, USA...Many of them also hoped for a spanking. Crazy world.
Italy were the 60-40 one, at least that two boards i visited.

I guess its mainly because the way Brazil played and acted in that tournament. People really appreciate good play and can detect mediocrity. People can overcome their dislike and just go for the teams that play good football.

blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:50 pm

Austria is a lost case. The level of hypocrisy by the Schluchtenscheisser, particularly when it comes to anything Third Reich related, is beyond belief. That said, it's not a popularity contest. I'm fine with the rest of the world hating us (as long as it's not for our football at least) as long we keep winning titles. 

I'd hate some kind of "jogo bonito" like marketing campaign crap, for example. That's just cringe worthy, especially when the actual football on the pitch doesn't match the marketing one bit. Just stay true to ourselves, play our football in spite of all the stereotypes and other bullshit. Let the football do the talking. If people abroad like us, great, if not, it's perfectly fine, too.
Antarion

Post by Antarion on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:52 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Austria is a lost case. The level of hypocrisy by the Schluchtenscheisser, particularly when it comes to anything Third Reich related, is beyond belief. That said, it's not a popularity contest. I'm fine with the rest of the world hating us (as long as it's not for our football at least) as long we keep winning titles. 

I'd hate some kind of "jogo bonito" like marketing campaign crap, for example. That's just cringe worthy, especially when the actual football on the pitch doesn't match the marketing one bit. Just stay true to ourselves, play our football in spite of all the stereotypes and other bullshit. Let the football do the talking. If people abroad like us, great, if not, it's perfectly fine, too.

Of course, I like winning more than anything. You also need the rivalries imo. Its a competition not a hug festival ffs.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:09 pm

All thanks to Klinsi:

"Und hege felgenfest die Uberzeugung, dass eben doch dann einmal die Stundie kommt, in der millionen, die uns heute verfleugen, hinter uns stehen, und mit uns begrussen werden dann das gemeinsam geschaffene, muhsahm erkampfte, bitter erworbene, neue Deutsche team"

-Klinsi 2006
Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges on Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:08 am

A bit harsh on the Ösis as ever Blut – you just have to deal with the fact that the (football) hate/rivalry dies pretty hard. With anyone remotely reasonable it is fairly friendly and mostly focused on sport etc – I've got some good friends over there and it was all good fun in '08 (barring the odd "Ich hoffe ihr kriegt fünf Stück gegen Spanien" comments).

(On the hypocrisy, a very good point, especially with the bullshit "erstes Opfer" creed that was taught for so long, but again proper people realize this and will privately admit that the whole thing is a tissue of lies.)

More than 60% support in Nederland is indeed pretty good!

http://vimeo.com/102395816 (short version)

http://vimeo.com/101796716 (long version)

Oh and this made me chuckle a couple of weeks ago, not sure where else to post it if people haven't seen (perhaps the Bayern thread).

http://www.11freunde.de/video/flimmerkiste/oli-kahn-jetzt-paderborn
Allez les rouges

Post by Allez les rouges on Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:57 pm

We knew this was coming, but what a total, fucking legend Sad

http://www.dfb.de/news/de/d-nationalmannschaft/klose-beendet-laufbahn-in-der-nationalmannschaft/61548.html

http://www.11freunde.de/artikel/zum-nationalmannschafts-ende-von-miroslav-klose

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2158876-miroslav-klose-retirement-ends-golden-germany-career-for-world-cup-record-holder?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-UK

http://www.dfb.de/news/de/d-fifa-wm/miroslav-klose-der-rekordmann/61221.html
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:28 am

A true legend indeed. Ale

Klose is an all time great. What rails me is how he is always compared to the likes of Ronaldo, saying that he was a 'lesser footballer' despite breaking his record. Is Ronaldo a 'greater footballer' for pissing his immense talent away and looking like a fat pig while hitting 30? How do you define 'greatness'? Greatness is working hard to improve every day, to prove everybody wrong again and again, to start the professional career in your twenties and manage to become world class, to be still deadly at the age of 36, to adapt to the huge changes of the game in the last 15 years. Greatness means defining the modern 'pressing forward' that has become so important in the modern game (Klose had been doing that effectively years before it became popular). Greatness means being a model professional, a true sportsman, a great team player who always put the team first. A player who, despite being unselfish, broke all scoring records.

Good bye Miro, Germany will miss you, football will miss you. You finally won the title worthy of ending your career after. Ale Sad
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:31 pm

Apparently, Merte is thinking about retiring from the NT also.

http://www.sport1.de/de/fussball/fussball_dfbteam/newspage_935707.html

Good player and great human being, would be a loss. But unlike Lahm, we have more than enough excellent alternatives.
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:50 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Apparently, Merte is thinking about retiring from the NT also.

http://www.sport1.de/de/fussball/fussball_dfbteam/newspage_935707.html

Good player and great human being, would be a loss. But unlike Lahm, we have more than enough excellent alternatives.

It's official:

http://www.sport1.de/de/fussball/fussball_dfbteam/newspage_936570.html

Goodbye Per, thanks for everything! Ale

Wonder who is next...
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:13 pm

In honour of the giants who left us....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Eq4WM5QeA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jkvytO25rY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNpSLtClIGE

(couldn't find a Germany compilation - shame on the fans!)

Sad Ale
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:35 pm

Fact of the day: Germany never lost a match in which Klose scored.

None of Klose's 71 goals for Germany (record) were penalties.
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo on Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:13 pm

Why did Mertesacker retire???
blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche on Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:19 pm

He won the WC, he played 10 years for Germany, he wants to concentrate on Arsenal and try to win the EPL and go far in the CL.

Plus, he isn't first choice for Germany anymore, that's likely a factor also. He wants to make way so young players can fill his spot.

Klose's retirement was inevitable and logical. Merte's isn't really necessary, but not much of a big deal purely from the footballing perspective (it's a different matter on the personal level though, as Merte was a pretty big influence in the dressing room). It's Lahm's retirement that really hurts us. Replacing him is going to be very difficult.
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo on Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:28 pm

Ridiculous, defenders retiring at 30 or younger, it just tells me international football is a hobby to them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:12 am