Number of posts : 39348
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Liverpool FC 2014/2015 It's never going to be their year

Post by christmasborocooper on Fri May 22, 2015 10:33 am

Accept your fate!
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Fri May 22, 2015 2:38 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:Accept your fate!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis on Sat May 23, 2015 10:39 am

Madrid are hilarious. Rafa was always going to go there at some stage though - he's a top quality manager. Can see it ending it many tears however - Ancelotti is someone I'd take in a heartbeat. I'd probably take him right now and bin Rodgers even though I'm a fan of Brendan. Thinking realistically about our future with little money, best players leaving every season etc I just want someone who knows how to play tactically and win big games and win trophies. Rodgers could flourish in the right climate but that isn't us right now. We're a poor version of Arsenal - a selling club that played nice football and coveted that 4th place trophy but even the nice football is going to shit at times now.
COTR

Number of posts : 26580
Supports : Liverp8-0l
Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR on Sat May 23, 2015 5:22 pm

Luis wrote:Madrid are hilarious. Rafa was always going to go there at some stage though - he's a top quality manager. Can see it ending it many tears however - Ancelotti is someone I'd take in a heartbeat. I'd probably take him right now and bin Rodgers even though I'm a fan of Brendan. Thinking realistically about our future with little money, best players leaving every season etc I just want someone who knows how to play tactically and win big games and win trophies. Rodgers could flourish in the right climate but that isn't us right now. We're a poor version of Arsenal - a selling club that played nice football and coveted that 4th place trophy but even the nice football is going to shit at times now.

The Rodgers bit is strange and also little money. How did you come to that conclusion ?

God only knows how much money Rodgers has spunked away on players like Ilori, Alberto, Aspas, Lovren, Origi and that's before you get to the high profile failures. He has been an utter disaster in the transfer market. We were in a prime position last season to consolidate a top 4 position for years and he wasted it by signing about 7 players all of who have turned out to be average or shit. The current predicament is every bit his fault so not sure what you mean by the right climate.

I would love him to stay if someone else took charge of the transfer kitty

Post by Guest on Mon May 25, 2015 5:07 pm

Don't forget Markovic either, he's shit.

Post by Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 2:59 pm

Just because Ancelotti is a big name, it doesn't mean he is suitable for the Liverpool job Lulu. If my memory is correct Ancelotti has only ever managed elite teams in his career - Juventus, AC Milan, Chelsea, PSG and Real Madrid. He has never managed a squad as average as Liverpool's before and it remains to be seen how much he could get out of such a squad. Klopp has already proven his credentials in this regard at Mainz and in his first few years at Dortmund.

Also, considering the teams Ancelotti has managed his record in the leagues is mediocre at best. If I remember rightly he only won 1 league in his time at Milan, 1 at Chelsea and 1 at PSG. He should have won much more considering the teams he has managed.

So if the board do sack Rodgers we should go after Klopp, or Pellegrini if he leaves City. I like Benitez but he plays a type of football which is unsuited to our current squad so unless we gave him the money to rebuild the squad then I would avoid him at all costs.
Puro

Number of posts : 10676
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro on Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:05 pm

I think Brendan "Condorito" Rodgers will survive because there's no one free. Rafa Benítez would've gone back to Liverpool, but the NY-Miami connection just told me that Benítez is persona non grata in England ever since he revealed the manner in which Sluralex was stealing the league title year after year after every satan damned year. Benítez dream job is Real Madrid at any rate.

Ancelotti and Klopp are doing a Pep and taking a well-deserved sabbatical.

No, I don't count Fat Sam and his kind as worthy managers. So, "Condorito" still has a job ONLY because there's no one out there to replace him. <Ale>
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper on Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:28 pm

Interesting that you told us NYC Miami had told you Rafa was definitely coming back to Liverpool.. About 3 times in the last year and a half.

The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2012-03-22

Post by The Chosen Glenn on Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:58 am

I'm starting to wonder if the NY-Miami connection is as reliable as we have been lead to believe.

Glen Johnson and Brad Jones released. We now have 0 keepers.
Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis on Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:22 pm

Brad Jones is the worst Premier League keeper there ever was. So very bad.

It annoys me that people like Reina and Valdes and Cech are content to sit on the bench for their clubs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:20 am