Serie A 2014-15

Forza Italia!Forza Milan!

Number of posts : 4759
Supports : Italia and Milan
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Re: Serie A 2014-15

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:35 pm

bluenine wrote:
Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:Gotta say, the customary defensive lapses aside, Milan looked smoooooth....

Hey Forza, I hear Milan today sold Cristante to Benfica... just can't understand that one, he looked very talented... Milan usually don't sell their youth talents for peanuts, unlike Inter... what going on?

Apparently Cristante asked for more playing time.

Shit move, and shit management. He never got the chances he deserved. I remember him coming on La Domenica Sportiva a bit over a year ago, and Galliani was gushing over him, even comparing him to Redondo. FFS, then they let him go like this.

Anyway, there is a bit of overrating going on too...he had a lot to prove still, but he really wasn't given a chance.
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine on Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:39 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:
bluenine wrote:
Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:Gotta say, the customary defensive lapses aside, Milan looked smoooooth....

Hey Forza, I hear Milan today sold Cristante to Benfica... just can't understand that one, he looked very talented... Milan usually don't sell their youth talents for peanuts, unlike Inter... what going on?

Shit move, and shit management.  He never got the chances he deserved.  I remember him coming on La Domenica Sportiva a bit over a year ago, and Galliani was gushing over him, even comparing him to Redondo.  FFS, then they let him go like this.

Anyway, there is a bit of overrating going on too...he had a lot to prove still, but he really wasn't given a chance.

Maybe Inzaghi did not rate him, or his training attitude wasn't the best... there must be more to it, otherwise a loan move would have made more sense.

Personally, I think people are under rating Milan this season. Your team looks better as a unit, van Ginkel and Torres will only improve it. Though neither are long term moves, this season they will make a difference.
Murray

Number of posts : 10206
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Murray on Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:04 pm

bluenine wrote:
bluenine wrote:

Shit move, and shit management.  He never got the chances he deserved.  I remember him coming on La Domenica Sportiva a bit over a year ago, and Galliani was gushing over him, even comparing him to Redondo.  FFS, then they let him go like this.

Maybe Inzaghi did not rate him, or his training attitude wasn't the best... there must be more to it, otherwise a loan move would have made more sense.

Personally, I think people are under rating Milan this season. Your team looks better as a unit, van Ginkel and Torres will only improve it. Though neither are long term moves, this season they will make a difference.  

I don't think Milan are being under rated. They still have a shit bunch of defenders.

And Muntari is still there.
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!

Number of posts : 4759
Supports : Italia and Milan
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! on Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:33 pm

Murray wrote:
bluenine wrote:
bluenine wrote:

I don't think Milan are being under rated. They still have a shit bunch of defenders.

Rami, Alex, and DES are not shit. Abate has his moments.  Mexes is erratic, sure. Bonera is tough to watch, but can also be pretty useful at times, and Zapata is solid IMO.  The problem is some defensive lapses as a collective, but maybe that will be remedied now.  Rami and Alex are great additions.

Of course, it's not an amazing team, but it's a team that can perhaps push for the top 3, especially because Juve are transitioning, and Roma will have the CL as an added distraction. Let's see if Torres can fit in as well.  We also stole Bonaventura from Inter in the last few moments of the market, and I am very pleased with that because he is a player whom I like. Smile
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:07 am

Murray wrote:
bluenine wrote:
bluenine wrote:

Rami, Alex, and DES are not shit. Abate has his moments.  Mexes is erratic, sure. Bonera is tough to watch, but can also be pretty useful at times, and Zapata is solid IMO.  The problem is some defensive lapses as a collective, but maybe that will be remedied now.  Rami and Alex are great additions.

Of course, it's not an amazing team, but it's a team that can perhaps push for the top 3, especially because Juve are transitioning, and Roma will have the CL as an added distraction. Let's see if Torres can fit in as well.  We also stole Bonaventura from Inter in the last few moments of the market, and I am very pleased with that because he is a player whom I like. Smile

That son of a bitch Zaccardo, refusing Parma. If Milan had got Biabiany, that would have made my day... so close! Wink You guys don't know how much of a bullet you dodged there. And instead, you got Bonaventura in his place, that's a double tragedy!

Inter had Bonaventura tied down, but it was dependent on Guarin moving to Valencia. Once the Guarin move broke down, we had to pull out of the Bonaventura deal unfortunately. Its sad, because I like the player and we need a player like him in case Kovacic needs more time (which I think he does).

Milan have a decent team, and I think are on level with Inter and Fiorentina. If Rafa fucks up Napoli, then one of these 3 teams could even qualify for the CL.

Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:33 am

Have to say that Milan aren't too shabby looking when I check out the squad.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:11 am

Super Progress wrote:Have to say that Milan aren't too shabby looking when I check out the squad.

They do. And I think van Ginkel is an important element - I rate this kid, he will be a great improvement on Muntari. Inzaghi will play 4-3-3, which is a pity because playing Honda in his right position (behind the striker) can make a big difference. This is how I see them lining up:

SES - Torres - Menez
Van Ginkel - De Jong - Montolivo/Poli
Di Sciglio - Rami - Alex - Abate
Lopez

With no european distractions, that team could do very well.

Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:17 am

Yeah they have been misusing Honda so far but they can easily switch to a 4-2-3-1 to accommodate him.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:53 am

Super Progress wrote:Yeah they have been misusing Honda so far but they can easily switch to a 4-2-3-1 to accommodate him.

IMO that will be the best formation to play their existing squad... but Inzaghi seems keen on 4-3-3.

Still, they have less problems with their formation than Inter... Mazzarri seems stubbornly keen to stick to his stupid 3-6-1, which is more like 5-4-1 with 2 DMs. Its idiotic, almost like playing with 10 men every game as there isn't enough work for 3 CBs and 2 DMs to do. I can understand playing that silly formation when you want to park the bus, but against smaller teams? Its crazy.

Inter should be playing the X-mas tree formaton:

Icardi
Kovacic - Palacio
Hernanes - M'Vila - Guarin
Dodo - Juan - Vidic - Nagatomo
Handanovic

At least we will score some goals. If that is too attacking for Mazzarri, he can replace Guarin with Medel.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:27 pm

Urby et Furby isnt even on the CL list of Roma. Should have stayed at Milan.
Murray

Post by Murray on Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:00 pm

bluenine wrote:
Super Progress wrote:Have to say that Milan aren't too shabby looking when I check out the squad.

They do. And I think van Ginkel is an important element - I rate this kid, he will be a great improvement on Muntari. Inzaghi will play 4-3-3, which is a pity because playing Honda in his right position (behind the striker) can make a big difference. This is how I see them lining up:

SES - Torres - Menez
Lopez

How about a 4-3-1-2, that has the advantage of no Torres

SES - Menez
Honda
Lopez
RedDevil

Number of posts : 57
Supports : Man Utd
Favourite Player : Rooney
Registration date : 2014-06-27

Post by RedDevil on Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:51 pm

Who the hell watches serie a nowadays? Full of epl rejects like vidic, evra and cole lol
Pras_tama

Number of posts : 2101
Supports : Manchester United & Indonesia NT
Favourite Player : Scholes
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Post by Pras_tama on Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:01 pm

RedDevil wrote:Who the hell watches serie a nowadays? Full of epl rejects like vidic, evra and cole lol

I do,, for the good old time sake Cool
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Murray wrote:
bluenine wrote:

SES - Torres - Menez
Lopez

SES - Menez
Honda
Lopez

There is no way Milan are starting without Torres, unless he really screws up. Perhaps the slower pace of Serie A will be kinder to Torres, and he will regain some of his form. And his back up is likely to be Pazzini, so one CF will start.

Milan have some decent back ups, and that also suggests that they will shift into a system that supports a traquartista over the season. A 4-2-3-1 or a 4-2-1-3, because they now have Honda and Bonaventura who can play that role. Though Bonaventura may become SES's backup for the wide left role.

Murray

Post by Murray on Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:05 pm

bluenine wrote:
Murray wrote:
bluenine wrote:

SES - Torres - Menez
Lopez

SES - Menez
Honda
Lopez

There is no way Milan are starting without Torres, unless he really screws up. Perhaps the slower pace of Serie A will be kinder to Torres, and he will regain some of his form. And his back up is likely to be Pazzini, so one CF will start.

Milan have some decent back ups, and that also suggests that they will shift into a system that supports a traquartista over the season. A 4-2-3-1 or a 4-2-1-3, because they now have Honda and Bonaventura who can play that role. Though Bonaventura may become SES's backup for the wide left role.

Surely you mean when Torres screws up.
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:28 pm

Caught two games this weekend... and 16 goals! Inter 7-0 Sassuolo and Parma 4-5 Milan. Its early days yet, but both Milan teams are looking better than last season... With high spending Napoli doing a rafa, maybe we will see a 4 way fight for that 3rd CL spot.
Murray

Post by Murray on Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:32 pm

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger on Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:40 pm

Watching Milan vs Juventus at the moment. 0:0 at HT.

Intense and enjoyable match to watch. But its quite shocking to see Milan having to resort to "accidental" counter attacking game playing at home. I know where both teams are at the moment, but it still bugs me a little bit.

Fey

Post by Fey on Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:34 pm

Tevez 0-1..

Still same old same old. Was hoping after last week it would end in 5-7 or something like that.
Antarion

Number of posts : 3376
Supports : Germany, Bayern
Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion on Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:51 pm

Penalty shootout between Juve and Roma Smile
Fey

Post by Fey on Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:58 pm

Good match though.
Murray

Post by Murray on Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:02 pm

Both Juve's pens were outside the box, he'll have to give Roma another one.

There's no way this game will end without a red card.
Antarion

Number of posts : 3376
Supports : Germany, Bayern
Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion on Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:51 pm

Murray wrote:

There's no way this game will end without a red card.

or two

good call.
Murray

Post by Murray on Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:03 pm

2 dodgy pens and an offside goal for Juve, the cheating bastards.

That's why they always flop in Europe, they don't have their referee friends to help them out.
Xavier

Number of posts : 563
Supports : Germany, Lazio, & the Whole Bloody Bundesliga
Favourite Player : Klose, Kroos, Mueller, Badstuber, Schweinsteiger, L Bender, Di Natale, Modric
Registration date : 2010-10-09

Post by Xavier on Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:59 pm

2-1 for Lazio, Klose with the winner Smile

The best match I have ever been to in my life, which includes a couple World Cup games..... this was an incredible experience; Lazio certainly know how to put a game on.

FORZA LAZIOOOO
bluenine

Post by bluenine on Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:02 am

Mancio is back! cheers

Bye bye 5-4-1, and good riddance. Mancio's first game in charge - The Derby! Fun is back at the Giuseppe Meazza.
Murray

Post by Murray on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:27 pm

It's the Milan derby tonight

Milan: Diego Lopez; Rami, Zapata, Mexes, De Sciglio, Bonaventura, Essien, Muntari, El Shaarawy, Menez, Torres.

Inter Milan: Handanovic, Nagatomo, Ranocchia, Juan Jesus, Dodo, Guarin, Kuzmanovic, Obi, Kovacic, Icardi, Palacio.
Fey

Post by Fey on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:44 pm

Sad state...both of them, just look at those names and compare it with a few years ago even.
Murray

Post by Murray on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:45 pm

They've both really stuffed up in the last few years
Murray

Post by Murray on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:56 pm

It didn't take long for Muntari to do something stupid.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:11 pm