Premier League Fixtures 17-19th January 2015

Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Re: Premier League Fixtures 17-19th January 2015

Post by Luis on Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:53 pm

5 points separate 3rd to 7th unless Southampton win.

debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser on Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:53 pm

Wow. Shockingly for the 5000th time this season we didn't score a goal. Glad I didn't watch it.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey on Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:57 pm

Pardew is a fuckin legend!
rosenthal

Number of posts : 822
Supports : Tottenham Hotspur
Favourite Player : רוני רוזנטל
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Post by rosenthal on Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:13 pm

OFFSIDE!!! ???

Brian 2468

Number of posts : 1054
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Post by Brian 2468 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:15 pm

Gaal screws around so much I wonder if the players will fully grasp what he is trying to create. Rolling Eyes

Di Maria again becomes ineffective like most of the players. This gives Spurs some slim hope pushing for fourth spot. Biggrin
Fey

Post by Fey on Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:44 pm

Luis wrote:5 points separate 3rd to 7th unless Southampton win.

Yeah but does Pool has a better squad then Spurs?

Im so fucking sick of late game Eriksen winners...they might end above Liverpool this year.
Fey

Post by Fey on Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:46 pm

OMG Elia scored, he is still alive? Great assist from HHH though. Though Krul should have done better. Koeman is pleased though...so many Eredivisie players Laughing
Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis on Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:54 pm

Fey wrote:

Im so fucking sick of late game Eriksen winners...they might end above Liverpool this year.

Yes we do have a better squad and team when Sturridge and Lallana both return to the line up.

I'd be surprised if we finish below Spurs if we can keep those players fit and maybe even add a signing or two (I'm dreaming).

As I keep saying United and Arsenal should be miles clear of the likes of us, Spurs, West Ham and Southampton because they are the only teams with at least two world class players in their teams who have been fit pretty much all season.

It looks like it's going to be a close race though between all the teams I've mentioned.
Luis

Post by Luis on Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:59 pm

As it stands Palace are only 4 points behind Newcastle. It would be somewhat funny if Palace were to leapfrog them.
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo on Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:22 pm

Fey wrote:OMG Elia scored, he is still alive? Great assist from HHH though. Though Krul should have done better. Koeman is pleased though...so many Eredivisie players Laughing

Krul isn't even fit, but he has to play because our back up keepers are non-league standard.
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:23 pm

Luis wrote:As it stands Palace are only 4 points behind Newcastle. It would be somewhat funny if Palace were to leapfrog them.

It would be embarrassing but not that surprising given that we're making a mess of hiring a new coach. Leaving the moron from Benidorm in charge is a joke.

Brian 2468

Post by Brian 2468 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:26 pm

Newcastle get a break.
Fey

Post by Fey on Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:54 pm

TBW Elia scores again...two now, last time he scored was two years ago..surely Koeman will get coach of the year if it continues like this.
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:00 pm

If John Carver gets the job until the end of the season i'm putting money on us getting relegated.
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:19 pm

How can you not give a pen for that? lol!

Brian 2468

Post by Brian 2468 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:24 pm

Newcastle can cheers
Luis

Post by Luis on Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:30 pm

It's funny because he was there when Pardew was there yet results seemed to be better? Can't put my finger on why.
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:53 pm

Luis wrote:It's funny because he was there when Pardew was there yet results seemed to be better? Can't put my finger on why.

The results are the same, the idea that Pardew's mates wouldn't go on a Pardewesque catastrophic run of defeats is stupid.
Fey

Post by Fey on Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:32 pm

Smile
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny on Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:07 pm

2014 - Fey (or Anne as I shall now know him as) claims Eriksen inconsistent and weak.

2015 - Eriksen has same number of goals in the league as Rottendam Von Pikey, has run more kms than any other midfielder this season apart from George fackin ranner Boyd of Burnley, and has hit half those goals in 80th minute + .

Conclusion: evidence number #3652 as to why you should never trust a numb nut who watches football on teletext. Particularly Dutch teletext.
Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny on Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:41 pm

Luis wrote:
Fey wrote:

Yes we do have a better squad and team when Sturridge and Lallana both return to the line up.

I'd be surprised if we finish below Spurs if we can keep those players fit and maybe even add a signing or two (I'm dreaming).

As I keep saying United and Arsenal should be miles clear of the likes of us, Spurs, West Ham and Southampton because they are the only teams with at least two world class players in their teams who have been fit pretty much all season.

It looks like it's going to be a close race though between all the teams I've mentioned.

Thats acceptable, however as of right now (given the transfer window hasnt yet shut) the spine of our team is better than yours (and hence why we are above you):

Lloris utterly miles better than Jones/Mignolet (he pulled off another stupidly divine save today near the end that saved us the points)

Vertonghen is better than any of your centre backs , and thats not because Vertonghen is amazing (he isnt), just that your lot are piss poor

Eriksen is outperforming all of your attacking midfielders (Sterling included). Could change if Lallana / Sterling have a decent striker to play off, which leads me onto...

Kane is better than of your strikers, bar Sturridge who isnt back yet, and we dont really know how he will be after such a long lay off, nor how he will cope without playing off Suarez long term.

I still think overall your squad is stronger, but the gap has closed alarmingly quickly since end of last season. I wouldnt be surprised at all to finish above Liverpool given what I have seen this season. And having NBC here in the US, I get to see a LOT of Brenton's 343/433/4123 tinkering on my 60 incher. Unlike Ann and his reliance on page 301.
Luis

Post by Luis on Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:20 pm

Isco Benny wrote:
Luis wrote:
Fey wrote:

Thats acceptable, however as of right now (given the transfer window hasnt yet shut) the spine of our team is better than yours (and hence why we are above you):

Lloris utterly miles better than Jones/Mignolet (he pulled off another stupidly divine save today near the end that saved us the points)

Vertonghen is better than any of your centre backs , and thats not because Vertonghen is amazing (he isnt), just that your lot are piss poor

Eriksen is outperforming all of your attacking midfielders (Sterling included). Could change if Lallana / Sterling have a decent striker to play off, which leads me onto...

Kane is better than of your strikers, bar Sturridge who isnt back yet, and we dont really know how he will be after such a long lay off, nor how he will cope without playing off Suarez long term.

I still think overall your squad is stronger, but the gap has closed alarmingly quickly since end of last season. I wouldnt be surprised at all to finish above Liverpool given what I have seen this season. And having NBC here in the US, I get to see a LOT of Brenton's 343/433/4123 tinkering on my 60 incher. Unlike Ann and his reliance on page 301.

You're above us IMO because of about 3 very late winners this season in games you haven't deserved to win. I think when we played you and destroyed you this season it showed that the gulf is still there but for many different reasons (which are obvious) we haven't showed that quality until the last month and a half or so. We're still a long way from the class of last season but the 'real Liverpool' has definitely come out again over the last 8 games or so.

I'd argue Can is as good at the back as any of your defenders right now. Since he's come in we've kept 3 clean sheets away from home for the first time since 2008.

Eriksen is doing very well but Coutinho and Lallana have shown a lot of class recently too.

Kane is obviously doing better than any of our forwards this season but as you said Sturridge to come back added to Sterling who can still go up a notch will turn things in our favour. We've shown in the last 2 months we can cope without Sturridge. If Kane was to get injured for 2 months (or even 5 months like Sturridge) could you honestly say you'd cope? I'd argue if that happened you'd probably sink to about 9th.

We are a better team than Spurs but we haven't shown it enough this season. However I believe we will finish above you and if Sturridge is back and firing in the next few weeks I'd even suggest we'll finish at least 8 plus points above you.
Fey

Post by Fey on Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:42 pm

Isco Benny wrote:
Luis wrote:
Fey wrote:

It's 818

You nonce.

Also, Eriksen remains inconsistant so far. Would not make my top 10 EPL midfielders. As for all those escapes against those relegation teams...its rather sad actually.
Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:53 pm

Go on then Anne, who are your top 10 EPL midfielders. Dont be a little pricktease. You know your mum disapproves of that type of behaviour. Straight in straight out kind of woman. My kind of woman.

Filled out number 10 for you.

3-2-1 go!

10. Phil Neville
COTR

Number of posts : 26580
Supports : Liverp8-0l
Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR on Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:05 am

Isco Benny wrote:
Luis wrote:
Fey wrote:

I'd say we will comfortably finish above you if Sturridge can stay fit for the rest of the season.

You have actually conceded more goals than our piss poor defence. I'd still take Sakho and Skrtel over any of your defenders. Not to mention the fact we have better fullbacks. Mignolet is the real problem for us.

We'll find out the answer soon enough !!
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser on Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:32 am

Ah Liverpool fans are in bullish mode again. Means a kick in the balls is coming soon Very Happy
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:18 am

debaser wrote:Ah Liverpool fans are in bullish mode again. Means a kick in the balls is coming soon Very Happy

It's cute, it really is. They've only finished ahead of us for one season out of the last five, and that was with a rampant Suarez and a light schedule.

"Regained our identity". Rodgers is such a monumental bellend.
The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2012-03-22

Post by The Chosen Glenn on Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:16 pm

debaser wrote:Ah Liverpool fans are in bullish mode again. Means a kick in the balls is coming soon Very Happy

Two. TWO Liverpool fans are in bullish mode again.
Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:45 pm

COTR wrote:
Isco Benny wrote:
Luis wrote:
Fey wrote:

I'd say we will comfortably finish above you if Sturridge can stay fit for the rest of the season.

You have actually conceded more goals than our piss poor defence. I'd still take Sakho and Skrtel over any of your defenders. Not to mention the fact we have better fullbacks. Mignolet is the real problem for us.

We'll find out the answer soon enough !!

I was talking specifically about central defence. Sakho better than Vertonghen is an interesting version of reality, but sure.Why not. Spurs have just been lucky according to Louis, and probably RAWK. Couldnt possibly be anything else.
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:50 pm

The Chosen Glenn wrote:

Two. TWO Liverpool fans are in bullish mode again.

A few wins and ALL Liverpool fans start doing the helicopter. Pathetic.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:39 pm