Registration date : 2012-03-22

Re: Premier League 11-13 April 2015

Post by The Chosen Glenn on Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:48 pm

Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo on Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:49 pm

Luis wrote:Newcastle are absolutely bloody shit. We should be 3-0 up already. Pardew has really made them look silly.

He made us look silly for 2 years, atleast it wasn't 6-0 this time.
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:58 pm

Is Tim Sherwood still there? Is it safe to come out yet? pale
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:00 pm

Isco Benny wrote:Is Tim Sherwood still there? Is it safe to come out yet? pale

Well apparently the country really thinks we're missing Pardew, despite the record numbers of defeats and goals conceded and shit football and disgusting behaviour we experienced with him.
Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis on Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:06 pm

How do you explain his success at Palace and your players throwing the towel in for definite as soon as he left then? Seems to me that if a manager who everyone despises leaves there is some sort of good period where you look a bit assed even if it's for a month or so?

I'm not suggesting Pardew is the Messiah but you can't argue that you've looked a hell of a lot worse since he's gone and that at times he did get you playing decent football and winning matches.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey on Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:00 pm

Isco Benny wrote:Is Tim Sherwood still there? Is it safe to come out yet? pale

Nope, he joined the Avengers

Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:19 pm

Luis wrote:How do you explain his success at Palace and your players throwing the towel in for definite as soon as he left then? Seems to me that if a manager who everyone despises leaves there is some sort of good period where you look a bit assed even if it's for a month or so?

I'm not suggesting Pardew is the Messiah but you can't argue that you've looked a hell of a lot worse since he's gone and that at times he did get you playing decent football and winning matches.

He always does well when he first arrives at a club, then it goes downhill, usually spectacularly. I can only assume the longer he is at a club the more the players see through his bullshit used car salesman act. As for our players, they threw the towel in halfway through last season aswell and we broke negative records all over the place. Around this time last year we had our biggest home defeat since 1925, in other games we were getting beat 3 or 4 nil every week, we had a record run of consecutive defeats, there were records due to our lack of goals, most home games without scoring was one. The season before there were negative records aswell, we lost more games than in any other premier league season(though this was equaled last season, so he managed it twice), we lost more home games than any other team in the league, and we conceded more goals than in any other premier league season... while playing defensive football.  Laughing

And throughout all this we had to deal with his cretinous personality and touchline behaviour, and people call us unreasonable for not being enamoured with the big charlatan.

The problem with him leaving is we didn't replace him, we may aswell have a milkman in charge at the moment, we barely have any coaching staff, and I don't think any of them should be at premier league level. This should have been an opportunity to get a professional staff in under a manager with some actual credentials, but all the promising managers we were linked with in January seem to not be options now.

There isn't a doubt in my mind that Pardew will fail at Palace, though I said when he left he would give them an initial life, he hasn't succeeded at any club.

This guy predicted things perfectly when he came here.

Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:20 pm

Anyway Newcastle have other issues, the accounts were released while I was away, £25m has vanished from the club.
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:23 pm

Kimbo wrote:
Luis wrote:How do you explain his success at Palace and your players throwing the towel in for definite as soon as he left then? Seems to me that if a manager who everyone despises leaves there is some sort of good period where you look a bit assed even if it's for a month or so?

He always does well when he first arrives at a club, then it goes downhill, usually spectacularly. I can only assume the longer he is at a club the more the players see through his bullshit used car salesman act. As for our players, they threw the towel in halfway through last season aswell and we broke negative records all over the place. Around this time last year we had our biggest home defeat since 1925, in other games we were getting beat 3 or 4 nil every week, we had a record run of consecutive defeats, there were records due to our lack of goals, most home games without scoring was one. The season before there were negative records aswell, we lost more games than in any other premier league season(though this was equaled last season, so he managed it twice), we lost more home games than any other team in the league, and we conceded more goals than in any other premier league season... while playing defensive football.  Laughing

And throughout all this we had to deal with his cretinous personality and touchline behaviour, and people call us unreasonable for not being enamoured with the big charlatan.

The problem with him leaving is we didn't replace him, we may aswell have a milkman in charge at the moment, we barely have any coaching staff, and I don't think any of them should be at premier league level. This should have been an opportunity to get a professional staff in under a manager with some actual credentials, but all the promising managers we were linked with in January seem to not be options now.

There isn't a doubt in my mind that Pardew will fail at Palace, though I said when he left he would give them an initial life, he hasn't succeeded at any club.

This guy predicted things perfectly when he came here.

Is there anyone you want to be appointed Kimbo?
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:36 pm

No, there's no point in looking around for promising names as it's guaranteed to be some bog standard British chancer, I wouldn't be surprised if they hired Carver. The club is dead in the water, I see people debating formations and transfer rumours and where Perez should play as if it matters, they need to give it up. There's supposed to be a boycoutt against Spurs, but it will be a failure, SJP is like the mall in Dawn of the Dead, thousands of braindead scruffs turning up just because it's what they've always done.
Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny on Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:12 pm

The Newcastle V Spurs game this weekend just makes me pine for the days of N'Zogbia V Lennon debates.

Newcastle are a mess. Aside from probably 6 players, we have a squad composed of overrated, overpaid players who are already on holiday mentally, and make it impossible to like them. Instead of Lennon, we now have possibly the worst right sided player I have seen in years, and I'm not talking about Townsend. Lamela was so bad on Sunday, I don't think it's possible to give him a single chin rating.

christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper on Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:38 pm

Tim would've motivated them
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:16 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:Tim would've motivated them

cheers
Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:05 pm

Pochettino has transformed Rose, Kane, Chadli, Mason, Bentaleb, done a good job with Dier, Eriksen Lloris and Vertonghen. The rest haven't bought into his methods and can get fucked.
christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper on Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:46 pm

Not having someone getting praise for getting anything out of a goalkeeper often talked about as one of the best in the world..
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:02 pm

Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny on Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:28 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:Not having someone getting praise for getting anything out of a goalkeeper often talked about as one of the best in the world..

Paulinho was often talked about as one of the best MF's in the World. Soldado too. I don't think it can ever be a given. Infact, Lloris was far from assured of being hailed as one of the best based on his earlier performances under AVB/Sherwood. Then there was Concussion-gate. Poch appears to have handled the keeper situation well this season, given we also have Vorm who would start for most other Premier League clubs.
christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper on Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:08 pm

Hmm.. Pretty sure he's been consistently very highly thought of. I'd have thought he employs a goalkeeping coach as well.

I reckon you'll sack him within another year anyway if I'm honest. If it looks like you're going to finish outside of the top 4 or 5. The football hasn't be so good that anyone would be desperate to keep him.

Puro

Number of posts : 10679
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro on Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:05 am

Jordan Henderson got a huge salary increase to 100 thousand per week.

A penny for the thoughts of every Basel midfielder once they hear the news. lol!
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:19 pm

Weird, it looks like Sunderland want Johnson to keep playing for them. It was assumed he would go on gardening leave or whatever the f**k. scratch
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:47 pm

Isco Benny wrote:
christmasborocooper wrote:Not having someone getting praise for getting anything out of a goalkeeper often talked about as one of the best in the world..

Paulinho was often talked about as one of the best MF's in the World. Soldado too. I don't think it can ever be a given. Infact, Lloris was far from assured of being hailed as one of the best based on his earlier performances under AVB/Sherwood. Then there was Concussion-gate. Poch appears to have handled the keeper situation well this season, given we also have Vorm who would start for most other Premier League clubs.

False.
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:46 pm

Kimbo wrote:Weird, it looks like Sunderland want Johnson to keep playing for them. It was assumed he would go on gardening leave or whatever the f**k. scratch

Probably something to do with the many, many millions they will lose if they get relegated and the fact he is one of their best players.
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:56 pm

debaser wrote:
Kimbo wrote:Weird, it looks like Sunderland want Johnson to keep playing for them. It was assumed he would go on gardening leave or whatever the f**k. scratch

Probably something to do with the many, many millions they will lose if they get relegated and the fact he is one of their best players.

Well I think he should be allowed to play until he's convicted, fans will have a field day with a guy up on paedo charges though.
christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper on Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:11 pm

Jaime wrote:
Isco Benny wrote:

False.

Ale
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser on Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:17 pm

Spurs with some proper comedy defence Laughing

I think Fey may have enjoyed that.

Sponsored content