Juventus

Draw tomorrow at 11

Last edited by Murray on Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Puro

Number of posts : 10678
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Re: CL Semi Finals

Post by Puro on Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:21 pm

Oh man, very exciting times this Champions League that already has eclipsed previous editions in terms of quality and excitement on the pitch. I mean you know the players are really enjoying themselves when a team like Real Madrid celebrate a goal against Atlético (IN A QUARTERFINAL, mind you) as if they had won the World Cup, FFS! cheers

PHEW! Can't wait for the draw.

AND, just around the corner is COPA AMERICA which every football connoisseur will tell you it's really a World Cup minus Germany and Nederland.

Argentina and Brasil = par, reach final in COPA AMERICA
Uruguay, Chile, Colombia = par, semifinal, can reach the final with some luck.
México, Paraguay, Ecuador = can get out of group stage.

We may survive the group (beat Colombia and Venezuela) and perhaps progress even more (we can be that good) OR we may be eliminated right away (we can be that awful too), but at least the football will be entertaining and you get to see that historic red sash. Murray loves seeing the red sash.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey on Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:36 pm

Well, you have Tapia these days...the kid is really, really good!

Cant believe the corrupt fuckos made him a defender! If you make mistakes like that its no wonder that Peru doesnt win Copa's anymore.
Puro

Post by Puro on Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:14 pm

Fey wrote:Well, you have Tapia these days...the kid is really, really good!

Cant believe the corrupt fuckos made him a defender! If you make mistakes like that its no wonder that Peru doesnt win Copa's anymore.

He always showed he could play a bit and I'm glad for him he's doing well in Eredivisie - next stop for him? PSV? Ajax? Feyenoord? I'd like him to stay in Nederland two more seasons minimum and keep progressing.

Then we have this other kid Yordy Reyna (a forward) who just began to play for the wealthiest German team and we are told he's made the same impression as Tapia playing for Twente.

Pssst! the corrupt fuckos were kicked out of the FPF after 30 years in charge! We have a new group in charge trying to return us to where we used to be, very high in South America a notch below Brasil and Argentina (whom we don't fear) and even slightly above Uruguay.

We are set in midfield and up front. Tapia and Ascues (who may be better than Tapia believe it or not) playing as anchors or DM. Then Farfán on the right, Benavente (he's the kid who plays for Real Madrid 'B' and ready to explode) in the hole, and Carrillo (Sporting Portugal) on the left. Guerrero up front as striker.

Our defense is average, but they have played together for a while and seem to be better than in previous times.

The important thing for us is that the corrupt fuckos are done! They are gone!

Perú will come back, but the corrupt fuckos left the place so fucked up it will take some time and a lot of work for the new guys in charge.
Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:36 am

Real Madrid vs Juventas

Bayern vs Barca

On paper the easiest team for us however on the pitch anything can happen. To be honest doesn't matter who you get at this stage, you still have to beat the best to win it. I thought we would get Bayern again.
Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:37 am

Have to admit even I'm looking forward to the Bayern/Barca matches, it should be entertaining.
Antarion

Number of posts : 3376
Supports : Germany, Bayern
Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion on Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:10 pm

Good draw overall, I just hope Juve can put in a real fight then we have two great semis
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:43 pm

Worst possible draw, god damn it.
messiah

Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah on Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:44 pm

Juve had better step the hell up.
Puro

Post by Puro on Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:39 pm

messiah wrote:Worst possible draw, god damn it.

Why? The Gerries won't admit it, but Barcelona are the team they fear the most this side of Milan.

See, Barcelona is like Argentina to them. They will boast in public how they "own" the Argies but quietly they know they received huge help from the refs and sheer luck to beat Argentina. Here are some examples, the 1990 WC Final with that gifted PK at the death and the last 2014 WC Final where the UEFA ref refused to show Neuer the straight red card after his assault on Higuaín - the ref was so rigged he even called a foul on Higuaín lol!  

So, this tie is 55/45 in Barça's favor just like when Argentina faces Germany - the refs tilt the balance for Germany and also poor luck has hurt Barcelona and Argentina like missing incredible sitters and missing their best players through injury (Maradona not 100%, Caniggia out in 1990 against Germany; Messi injured in 2013 against Bayern; Di Maria out of 2014 WC Final). But things will soon straighten out.

Even though I said yesterday that this CL Final Four is the best ever, I still maintain what I also said yesterday that if Milan were clicking on all cylinders and if they were there instead of Juventus, then it would be the best ever final four. However, Juventus are awesome at any rate especially this season, so it's a tough call between a great Milan and a great Juventus.

I know you all want another kiss of death, here it goes.

BAYERN WILL WIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE THIS SEASON.

lol!  lol!  lol!
Fey

Post by Fey on Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:10 pm

Pep vs Barca...I wonder if he will cheer again if Barca scores Very Happy

Good draw, tasty fixtures. Have a feeling Madrid is gonna win it back to back.

Everyone is coming back again, and everyone is hitting form again.

Puro, we have shown interest in Tapia, if Clasie is gonna leave, which will happen, so who knows..ffs imagine a Peruvian here!
Puro

Post by Puro on Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:14 pm

Mes amis! enjoy this historic Final Four.

Real Madrid - (13 European Finals and 32 Liga Trophies)
Bayern Munich - (10 European Finals and 24 Bundesliga Trophies)
Barcelona - (7 European Finals and 22 Liga Trophies)
Juventus - (7 European Finals and 30 Serie A Trophies)

*** Milan - (11 European Finals and 18 Serie A Trophies)

Juventus owns Serie A but Milan have been much better than them in Europe.

The four biggest teams in UEFA, from the three best leagues in Europe in UEFA's ultimate club competition. The football fans couldn't ask for anything more. All in all, this is without a doubt the best Champions League Final Four so far and by far! Whoop

Enjoy the matches. <Ale> <Ale> <Ale>
Puro

Post by Puro on Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:20 pm

Fey wrote:Pep vs Barca...I wonder if he will cheer again if Barca scores Very Happy

Good draw, tasty fixtures. Have a feeling Madrid is gonna win it back to back.

Everyone is coming back again, and everyone is hitting form again.

Puro, we have shown interest in Tapia, if Clasie is gonna leave, which will happen, so who knows..ffs imagine a Peruvian here!

Psst, Carlos Ascues (born in Venezuela, his parents both Peruvians moved there in early 90's but returned to Perú and did his youth career in Alianza Lima) may be even better than Renato Tapia. So if you want another really good youngster on the cheap with lots of potential for improvement and future profits, there you go.
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:39 pm

Cristiano wrote:Real Madrid vs Juventas

Bayern vs Barca

On paper the easiest team for us however on the pitch anything can happen. To be honest doesn't matter who you get at this stage, you still have to beat the best to win it. I thought we would get Bayern again.

I am happy to get Juventus because it's a different opponent. But I think it's tricky because they are gonna try to park the bus the same as Atletico did and it will cause us a lot of problems. It will be really important for Benzema to be available for these games to try and break down the Juve defence but apparently he's returned to France for further treatments so it's iffy that he will make the 1st leg. Modric I think there is no way he will make the 1st leg. 2nd leg is also doubtful. Bale should be there.
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:38 am

Jaime wrote:

Bayern vs Barca

I am happy to get Juventus because it's a different opponent. But I think it's tricky because they are gonna try to park the bus the same as Atletico did and it will cause us a lot of problems. It will be really important for Benzema to be available for these games to try and break down the Juve defence but apparently he's returned to France for further treatments so it's iffy that he will make the 1st leg. Modric I think there is no way he will make the 1st leg. 2nd leg is also doubtful. Bale should be there.
Erm

I think Modric will only be ready for a possible final so we will have to do without. Playing Ramos in midfield again might be a solution since Ancelotti doesn't trust our midfielders and this will be a tough game away. The difference is that Juve won't be as effective at stopping our counters and will probably be more attacking than Atletico was.

Ancelotti making it progressive when it counts <Ale>
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:45 am

Jaime wrote:

Bayern vs Barca

Don't worry, Juve are terrible at parking the bus, I seriously doubt they will try that. Defence is Juve's weakest spot. Their strength is the deep midfield which can absorb pressure and launch quick counters. Thats probably what they will try to do, soak up the pressure and play on counters. Pogba is injured, but Vidal-Pirlo-Marchisio i still quite strong. Interestingly, even Juve are looking at this "draw" as the best possible one for them - they believe they have a better chance against Real than vs Barca/Bayern.

That said, Juve traditionally struggle to replicate their domestic form in Europe. Allegri is trying to change that, but I think they have reached as far as they could go.

shizzle787

Number of posts : 37
Supports : Juventus
Favourite Player : Diego Forlan
Registration date : 2015-04-28

Post by shizzle787 on Fri May 01, 2015 5:09 pm

bluenine wrote:
Jaime wrote:

Bayern vs Barca

Don't worry, Juve are terrible at parking the bus, I seriously doubt they will try that. Defence is Juve's weakest spot. Their strength is the deep midfield which can absorb pressure and launch quick counters. Thats probably what they will try to do, soak up the pressure and play on counters. Pogba is injured, but Vidal-Pirlo-Marchisio i still quite strong. Interestingly, even Juve are looking at this "draw" as the best possible one for them - they believe they have a better chance against Real than vs Barca/Bayern.

That said, Juve traditionally struggle to replicate their domestic form in Europe. Allegri is trying to change that, but I think they have reached as far as they could go.

Juve's strength is their defense: they have only given up 4 goals in CL so far.
abundance

Number of posts : 1514
Supports : FC Inter
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance on Mon May 04, 2015 8:50 pm

Mmmh no Blue's right, their defensive solidity is due to their midfield and to the way the whole team play as an unit; not to sheer brillance of their defenders.

They'll "park the bus" for sure in the sense of being overly cautious, but they'll still have to bring the battle in midfield trying to clog it and make the best of the transitions.
If the fail to do that and end up sitting deep leaving initiative to Real, they'll be slaughtered with their defense found out, especially Chiellini which is a solid player overall but it's very overrated out of Italy in terms of pure defensive skills.
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Tue May 05, 2015 2:08 pm

Apparently:

Casillas, Carvajal, Pepe, Varane, Coentrao, James, Kroos, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Bale, Ronaldo.
Fey

Post by Fey on Tue May 05, 2015 8:01 pm

Holy shit, great start from Juve, 1-0 Morata...oohh that must hurt in Madrid!
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper on Tue May 05, 2015 8:10 pm

Juve might have this in the bag. Real don't seem to have many ideas at the moment and Ronaldo is getting frustrated.

Could do with getting Isco on the ball further forward.
Fey

Post by Fey on Tue May 05, 2015 8:14 pm

James is such an amazing player, great assist...Ronaldo 1-1..he actually thanks his teammate this time!
christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper on Tue May 05, 2015 8:15 pm

Finally seem to try something other then hit it into space for Ronaldo to run after!

The atmosphere seems a bit flat.. Is it just the ITV coverage or does it sound like that elsewhere?
Fey

Post by Fey on Tue May 05, 2015 8:26 pm

Its quite lively actually, behind Ikers goal that is, but for an Italian team they have a great atmosphere.
christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper on Tue May 05, 2015 8:48 pm

Must just be their coverage. Things always sound more lively on Sky.
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170

Post by Kimbo on Tue May 05, 2015 9:00 pm

Clear red card that.
Fey

Post by Fey on Tue May 05, 2015 9:04 pm

Yeah...soft pen though..2-1 nontheless. Great game so far.
Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis on Tue May 05, 2015 9:11 pm

Clear penalty but not a red - going away from goal.

Juve need another though - Madrid will score at least one at home.
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170

Post by Kimbo on Tue May 05, 2015 9:13 pm

Luis wrote:Clear penalty but not a red - going away from goal.

Juve need another though - Madrid will score at least one at home.

He was running diagonally in the box, where in the rule book does it say a player has to be running directly at goal? The commentators said the same thing.
Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis on Tue May 05, 2015 9:20 pm

He wasn't scoring from the opportunity.

Tevez would still do a great job for any team in the PL.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:18 pm