Premier League 16th-20th May

Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Re: Premier League 16th-20th May

Post by Luis on Sat May 16, 2015 7:20 pm

No other team bar Spurs would let this happen. Embarrassing.
Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis on Sat May 16, 2015 7:25 pm

Scintillating battle to see who can avoid the europa league on the final day then.

Dismal season - think Rodgers could be in serious trouble tbh.
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo on Sat May 16, 2015 7:33 pm

Well done for ending Pardew's losing streak. The new Spurs. <Ale>
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny on Sat May 16, 2015 8:51 pm

Luis wrote:No other team bar Spurs would let this happen. Embarrassing.

So true. You have become even Spursier than us FFS.

That said, Sherwood/Villa getting humped today so heavily after all the plaudits is pretty Spursy too.

Meanwhile we managed to keep a clean sheet. What the utter f**k is going on??!
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Sat May 16, 2015 11:08 pm

Jesus christ, John Charver blaming the climate, it was humid, it was London you little shit.
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser on Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:03 pm

debaser wrote:
Luis wrote:
debaser wrote:
Luis wrote:Benteke will be at us or Spurs next season - a sure sign of both our Europa League ambitions.

only if you got 30m to splash.

Well if you go down I imagine 12 million or so will do it.

If Benteke demands to leave I cant imagine you'll get more than 16 million or so anyway. It's like Suarez - we either took 50 million or had an unhappy player. I don't think Villa are in a position to scoff at 16 million.

if we go down, it'll reduce the price, yes. but finances are generally stronger now, so barring relegation we will most certainly be scoffing at 16m in current market. Lukaku and Bony are the measure for price.

Sad to see Benteke go, but happy that I can fire a 'told-you-so' at Luis Razz
Luis

Post by Luis on Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:19 pm

I wasn't aware of the release clause. We could have played hardball a bit more but all that would have resulted in is probably missing out on him and us left with no back up for Sturridge for about 2 months. Rodgers has clearly wanted Benteke for some time and believes the fee will be worth it if he can do the business before Sturridge returns.

Ultimately all transfer fees are irrelevant until you see the final performance of that player over a season but it's a lot of money for a second choice striker who isn't prolific. I think he'll add much needed strength and I think he will score goals but he won't change games and he could slow our attacking play down.

If it doesn't work out then Rodgers will be gone - he's been backed this summer and I'm pleased, on paper, with our signings but Rodgers needs to be less stubborn and if things aren't working early on he needs to change it and adapt.
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:19 pm

debaser wrote:
debaser wrote:
Luis wrote:
debaser wrote:
Luis wrote:Benteke will be at us or Spurs next season - a sure sign of both our Europa League ambitions.

only if you got 30m to splash.

Well if you go down I imagine 12 million or so will do it.

If Benteke demands to leave I cant imagine you'll get more than 16 million or so anyway. It's like Suarez - we either took 50 million or had an unhappy player. I don't think Villa are in a position to scoff at 16 million.

if we go down, it'll reduce the price, yes. but finances are generally stronger now, so barring relegation we will most certainly be scoffing at 16m in current market. Lukaku and Bony are the measure for price.

Sad to see Benteke go, but happy that I can fire a 'told-you-so' at Luis Razz

debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser on Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:47 pm

Luis wrote:I wasn't aware of the release clause. We could have played hardball a bit more but all that would have resulted in is probably missing out on him and us left with no back up for Sturridge for about 2 months. Rodgers has clearly wanted Benteke for some time and believes the fee will be worth it if he can do the business before Sturridge returns.

Ultimately all transfer fees are irrelevant until you see the final performance of that player over a season but it's a lot of money for a second choice striker who isn't prolific. I think he'll add much needed strength and I think he will score goals but he won't change games and he could slow our attacking play down.

I wasn't aware of the clause either, just looked at kind of prices strikers go for in this league.

It's hard to say how he'll do. Think he probably needs to start well as he can be a bit of a confidence player & I can see him being quick scapegoat if things are not going well. Could score 20+ if he forms a good understanding with likes of Coutinho and Lallana. Scored 10-15 each season for Villa and that was with pretty limited supply. Don't see that he'll slow you down - if anything make you more direct & quicker getting ball forward.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:40 am