Real Madrid CF 2015/16

Re: Real Madrid CF 2015/16

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:35 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34108093

Smile
Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano on Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:49 am

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

All summer to negotiate but no lets do it on the last day.

Good! I preferred we get him next year for free anyway. It's worked out nicely with an added bonus of egg on the face of Perez.

£29m for a player out of contract next year. What nonesense.

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:12 am

He could have been the difference between you winning the league and not winning the league though.
Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
Supports : Real Madrid
Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano on Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:10 am

worms; wrote:He could have been the difference between you winning the league and not winning the league though.

We are not winning shit either way, it could be bloody Neuer in goal. I am not convinced at all by the team.
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:54 pm

Real Madrid's version of the story is that Manchester United refused to open official negotiations for De Gea until yesterday. Whether anyone wants to believe it or not, who knows. I can't understand all the "let's all laugh at Madrid" comments going around. Like Cristiano says, now we are going to get him for free. A day ago everyone was saying how foolish Madrid were to pay 30m for a player in the last year of his contract. Well, now we aren't! And yet the jokes continue. #therewillbehaters

Anyway, the biggest problem is not that De Gea hasn't arrived. Again, I agree with Cristiano that he was not going to make or break this season. It's more troubling from my point of view that we never signed a second centre forward. We saw what happened last year when we were missing Benzema and we had to rely on f*cking Chicharito (ok he has the one big goal...ONE!). And now that Coentrao is gone, no left back either although I supposed Rafa will say that between Arbeloa and Cheryshev there is cover in the squad. Also, I have no idea how Keylor can ever play again after this. After knowing that the club isn't counting on him and then to have to go back and "give everything for the badge" or whatever. Honestly we are better off with Kiko Casilla for the rest of the year. Poor Keylor's psyche will be too damaged after this. His father is already claiming that the press is racist and that RM only want a Spanish goalkeeper (yeah right we have hardly any other Spanish players in the team so what difference does it make to have a foreign player in goal as well!?!?!?!??!?!)

In any case, this is all being over blown. It's not as if RM could have done anything different if their claims are true and who seems more credible in this situation - Real Madrid or Man Utd (fronted by one of the most stubborn men in world football with Sir Alex "I wouldn't sell them a disease" Ferguson lurking in the shadows)?????? Well the joke is on them, because now they are out 30m and they have to spend a whole season with Romero in goal. Navas isn't the best of all time but he's better than f*cking Romero.

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:09 pm

The joke will be on you if you fail to win the league again.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:19 pm

Well they still can win the league, Xavi is gone for Barca so...I can understand Madrid, paying so much for a keeper with 1 year contract is obscene, even for them. They have James, who I think is getting better and better. Downside is they also have Benitez, a fucking runner lover.
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:37 pm

Jaime wrote:Real Madrid's version of the story is that Manchester United refused to open official negotiations for De Gea until yesterday. Whether anyone wants to believe it or not, who knows. I can't understand all the "let's all laugh at Madrid" comments going around. Like Cristiano says, now we are going to get him for free. A day ago everyone was saying how foolish Madrid were to pay 30m for a player in the last year of his contract. Well, now we aren't! And yet the jokes continue. #therewillbehaters

Anyway, the biggest problem is not that De Gea hasn't arrived. Again, I agree with Cristiano that he was not going to make or break this season. It's more troubling from my point of view that we never signed a second centre forward. We saw what happened last year when we were missing Benzema and we had to rely on f*cking Chicharito (ok he has the one big goal...ONE!). And now that Coentrao is gone, no left back either although I supposed Rafa will say that between Arbeloa and Cheryshev there is cover in the squad. Also, I have no idea how Keylor can ever play again after this. After knowing that the club isn't counting on him and then to have to go back and "give everything for the badge" or whatever. Honestly we are better off with Kiko Casilla for the rest of the year. Poor Keylor's psyche will be too damaged after this. His father is already claiming that the press is racist and that RM only want a Spanish goalkeeper (yeah right we have hardly any other Spanish players in the team so what difference does it make to have a foreign player in goal as well!?!?!?!??!?!)

In any case, this is all being over blown. It's not as if RM could have done anything different if their claims are true and who seems more credible in this situation - Real Madrid or Man Utd (fronted by one of the most stubborn men in world football with Sir Alex "I wouldn't sell them a disease" Ferguson lurking in the shadows)?????? Well the joke is on them, because now they are out 30m and they have to spend a whole season with Romero in goal. Navas isn't the best of all time but he's better than f*cking Romero.

I agree with Jaime on this. Man Utd expecting £30m for a player on the last year of his contract and clearly wanting a transfer is ridiculous. Unless LVG knows something that we don't (i.e. De Gea will sign an extension now), Man Utd will probably accept whatever few million Real are ready to throw at them in January.

For a team coached by Rafa Benitez, not getting De Gea for 6 months is the least of your problems anyways Razz
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:13 pm

I can see why people would laugh because we lost out on De Gea after we finally got a deal. I was actually satisfied with the final deal, depending on what figures you are quoting, so it is a shame that we couldn't get the goalkeeper situation settled once and for all(the next 6-7 years). On the other hand at the beginning of the summer and I was expecting the De Gea transfer was another year away so it is ok although I would have preferred Iker to say another year.

I hope this will dent Perez's ego a little.
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:19 pm

Jaime wrote:Real Madrid's version of the story is that Manchester United refused to open official negotiations for De Gea until yesterday. Whether anyone wants to believe it or not, who knows. I can't understand all the "let's all laugh at Madrid" comments going around. Like Cristiano says, now we are going to get him for free. A day ago everyone was saying how foolish Madrid were to pay 30m for a player in the last year of his contract. Well, now we aren't! And yet the jokes continue. #therewillbehaters

Why are United stuck with Romero? Van Gaal only said he wouldn't use him until the transfer was settled. I don't expect them to not use him for the rest of the season.
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:38 am

Super Progress wrote:

Why are United stuck with Romero? Van Gaal only said he wouldn't use him until the transfer was settled. I don't expect them to not use him for the rest of the season.

Well De Gea is furious with Man Utd's antics and the rumour is he will refuse to play. And I doubt LVG will put him either. It's like when Beckham announced 6 months beforehand that he was going to LA Galaxy and Capello dropped him because his commitment looked to be gone. Of course with injuries and Beckham's exemplary behavior he got back in toward the end of that season but I doubt De Gea will go crawling back to King Louis and the dutchman is too stubborn to renege as well.

Maybe I'm wrong but that's how I see it anyway.

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger on Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:13 am

Van Gaal is stubborn, but he is also quite fair and doesn't hold grudges. De Gea needs to play to be ready for next year Euro - when he will clear his mind after this whole mess Van Gaal will play him instead of Romero.
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:52 am

stinger wrote:Van Gaal is stubborn, but he is also quite fair and doesn't hold grudges. De Gea needs to play to be ready for next year Euro - when he will clear his mind after this whole mess Van Gaal will play him instead of Romero.
I don't know if Van Gaal will reinstate De Gea right away but the only way I can see him end up on the bench is if Romero performs really well.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:51 pm

stinger wrote:Van Gaal is stubborn, but he is also quite fair and doesn't hold grudges. De Gea needs to play to be ready for next year Euro - when he will clear his mind after this whole mess Van Gaal will play him instead of Romero.

This is a fair point. Maybe De Gea will cede in order to play for Spain. But Van Gaal does hold grudges! Look what he just did with Victor Valdes. Not to mention his run-ins with Stoitchkov and De la Peña in FCB. Anyway, we shall see.

stinger

Post by stinger on Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:01 pm

Jaime wrote:

This is a fair point. Maybe De Gea will cede in order to play for Spain. But Van Gaal does hold grudges! Look what he just did with Victor Valdes. Not to mention his run-ins with Stoitchkov and De la Peña in FCB. Anyway, we shall see.

I don't remember van Gaal not working well with De la Pena to be honest. Maybe he didn't rate him as much as the other people, but it doesn't mean he hold a grudge or something. But feel free to correct me.

Regarding Stoichkov - he had Rivaldo, Sonny Anderson, Figo and Giovanni when he joined Barcelona. So he told Stoichkov and Luis Enrique that they both will be playing in deeper role, Stoichkov of course thought he is too good for it.

When van Gaal joined Barcelona for 2nd time (which was disaster) he clearly told Riquelme that he doesn't have a chance to be more than back up for him. After many years Riquelme still thinks van Gaal was very fair with him saying that and not playing around.
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:10 pm

Van Gaal fair?

It didn’t start well. Upon his arrival in Catalonia, Dutch coach Louis Van Gaal handed Riquelme a child’s replica shirt as a present for his newborn son, along with the words, “he will get to wear his more than you wear yours.”

stinger

Post by stinger on Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:26 pm

Found online wrote:Riquelme respects van Gaal

Juan Roman Riquelme has said he has no problems with his former coach Louis van Gaal.

The Barcelona playmaker, who is on loan at Villarreal, was told by van Gaal that he was surplus to requirements at Camp Nou shortly after joining from Boca Juniors in the summer of 2001.

The Argentine said of van Gaal: "I will never say anything bad about him because I think that people who are true to what they think deserve to be respected.

"He is convinced his way of making a team play is correct and I am okay with that."

I don't really believe in what you posted, unless source of it would be very respected. More like an urban legend.
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:16 pm

I read the story many years ago in a Danish football magazine when they did an interview with Riquelme.

Man Utd might turn out to be the winner because now there is talk by AS of De Gea trying to get a new contract after all. Perez's words sound slightly despairing as well:

Perez, who feels United showed a lack of experience in the failed De Gea deal, said: "From now on I don't know what will happen to the player.

"After what happened I have not spoken to De Gea but [Real Madrid general director] Jose Angel Sanchez did.

"I was told that he was very affected because he had high hopes of joining Real Madrid."

De Gea was expected to replace long-serving Madrid keeper Iker Casillas when the Spain international left for Porto earlier this summer.

Perez said: "De Gea will be Iker's successor. I don't know if [that will be] at Real Madrid but I'm certain he will be in the national team."
The only reason I was worried about saying no to De Gea was that a lot can happen in a year and unless we were sure he would come next summer it could be a risky game to play with him. I could certainly understand if De Gea might want to settle his future now with a new contract that would also ensure him a place at next years Euros.

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:55 pm

Super Progress wrote:Van Gaal fair?

It didn’t start well. Upon his arrival in Catalonia, Dutch coach Louis Van Gaal handed Riquelme a child’s replica shirt as a present for his newborn son, along with the words, “he will get to wear his more than you wear yours.”

Laughing
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:25 pm

Supposedly (and this is according to La Sexta), De Gea insisted on a 40m buyout clause even though United wanted to make it double that. I still think that really this about Jorge Mendes but I guess maybe I am biased against him.

Good to see Ronaldo hitting the back of the net again. I thought maybe he would never score again! Wink
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:32 pm

stinger wrote:
Jaime wrote:

I don't remember van Gaal not working well with De la Pena to be honest. Maybe he didn't rate him as much as the other people, but it doesn't mean he hold a grudge or something. But feel free to correct me.

Regarding Stoichkov - he had Rivaldo, Sonny Anderson, Figo and Giovanni when he joined Barcelona. So he told Stoichkov and Luis Enrique that they both will be playing in deeper role, Stoichkov of course thought he is too good for it.

When van Gaal joined Barcelona for 2nd time (which was disaster) he clearly told Riquelme that he doesn't have a chance to be more than back up for him. After many years Riquelme still thinks van Gaal was very fair with him saying that and not playing around.

Van Gaal never liked De la Pena because he didn't do enough defending as far as LVG was concerned. In any case, you can argue whether this was true or not but he did kind of ostracize the guy who had been first choice the previous several years. Same with Stoichkov, you can argue whether or not LVG was right to go with other (younger) players but the point is that he has been known in the past, that once he makes up his mind, he usually doesn't change it.

Anyway, it looks like he has done a 180 with DDG which is mostly IMO because of how shit Romero was looking.
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:13 pm

Good to see Benitez is already giving senior players like Kroos a breather on the bench. I'm hoping he will extend the same rotation to Ronaldo and Bale from time to time.

Good result although the huge score doesn't impress me that much. Great to get Ronaldo going again though.

It would be strange if De Gea had suddenly changed his mind so completely unless he felt really let down by the club for not pursuing him more aggressively. So I suspect he probably does have some agreement or clause inserted in the new contract. Amazing that just as I thought Jorge Mendes had lost out for once he ends up scoring on a new contract with the likely possibility of making another within a year. The man knows how to make money. The club could probably have persuaded him that he would get a huge signing on fee instead so that we wouldn't have to spend money on him next summer. That way he is compensated for waiting a year on lower wages in England and we save money off the transfer.

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:36 pm

Whilst winning 6 - 0 Real Madrid somehow managed to have less possession to a team like Espanyol. Against better teams you could be punished for this.

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:31 pm

From Fear and Loathing in La Liga:

This is set in the late 80's:

"One German opponent recalls Madrid's players in the tunnel before the games eyeballing them through the fence, spitting at them and shouting abuse, gesturing that they were going to kill them."

Classy club.  <Ale>
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:59 pm

They call me worms wrote:Whilst winning 6 - 0 Real Madrid somehow managed to have less possession to a team like Espanyol. Against better teams you could be punished for this.

Thanks for your concern. Ale
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:01 pm

James out for a while. Bale out for two weeks. Sergio Ramos missing against Granada but after that it's uncertain. Varane will play at the weekend though.
Super Progress

Post by Super Progress on Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:50 pm

A shame Bale is out because he was getting into good form. We will survive though and it will mean more time for Kovacic and Jese hopefully. How long is Jese out for?

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:25 pm

1 - 0. A bought linesman and bad finishing from Granada got you the win.

Perez has stolen 2 points there.

Well done.

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:55 pm

Just found out that Isco was offside before he assisted Benzema as well. You couldn't make this shit up. So many "coincidences".
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:51 pm

Such a cool goal anthem!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:57 am