Premier Leagues Fixtures 8/9/10 August 2015

Share

Guest
Guest

Re: Premier Leagues Fixtures 8/9/10 August 2015

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:08 pm

Kimbo wrote:Chinteresting.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9945106/man-city-completed-692-passes-against-west-brom-how-did-the-rest-compare

6. Newcastle United: 396

Team average last season: 304

19= Crystal Palace: 200


It shows the difference between McClaren and Pardew, we were playing a far better side than Norwich aswell, and spent much of the game in their half, none of that passing it around the CB's for ages.

lol! You're obsessed.
avatar
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Premier Leagues Fixtures 8/9/10 August 2015

Post by Kimbo on Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:24 pm

I'm simply assessing the changes Glenn.
avatar
Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Age : 26
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Re: Premier Leagues Fixtures 8/9/10 August 2015

Post by Luis on Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:38 pm

I'm sure Newcastle fans will be chuffed they won the most passes but Palace fans will be happy they won the game. I guess it depends what you prefer winning matches or winning the passing.
avatar
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Premier Leagues Fixtures 8/9/10 August 2015

Post by Kimbo on Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:35 pm

Luis wrote:I'm sure Newcastle fans will be chuffed they won the most passes but Palace fans will be happy they won the game. I guess it depends what you prefer winning matches or winning the passing.

They played Norwich we played Southampton, a team that would usually smash us. It's a long season Lewis. <Ale>

Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
Age : 31
Supports : West Ham
Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Premier Leagues Fixtures 8/9/10 August 2015

Post by Di Caniooooo! on Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:46 am

And we played Arsenal, whoop woop.
avatar
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
Age : 30
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Premier Leagues Fixtures 8/9/10 August 2015

Post by christmasborocooper on Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:02 am

Chelsea taking mongness to new levels with this doctor dropping business
avatar
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Premier Leagues Fixtures 8/9/10 August 2015

Post by Kimbo on Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:18 am

Mourinho is a petty little bully, if he doesn't want doctors or physio's on the pitch he should tell his players to not act like fannies.
avatar
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Premier Leagues Fixtures 8/9/10 August 2015

Post by Kimbo on Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:58 am

I just saw that video of Paolo Wanchope being knocked about by a midget. Laughing Footballers. cheers
avatar
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
Age : 30
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Premier Leagues Fixtures 8/9/10 August 2015

Post by christmasborocooper on Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:56 pm

What kind of person posts that without a link to the video?

Also thought the same on the Mourinho stuff.. If his players didn't scream and throw themselves around to fool people, maybe the doctors wouldn't be running on that pitch to help them.
avatar
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Premier Leagues Fixtures 8/9/10 August 2015

Post by Fey on Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:09 pm

Are Chelsea sacking their cute doctor? Maureen finds new lows..
avatar
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Premier Leagues Fixtures 8/9/10 August 2015

Post by Kimbo on Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:18 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:What kind of person posts that without a link to the video?

Also thought the same on the Mourinho stuff.. If his players didn't scream and throw themselves around to fool people, maybe the doctors wouldn't be running on that pitch to help them.


stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Age : 37
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Re: Premier Leagues Fixtures 8/9/10 August 2015

Post by stinger on Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:04 pm

Kimbo wrote:
Luis wrote:I'm sure Newcastle fans will be chuffed they won the most passes but Palace fans will be happy they won the game. I guess it depends what you prefer winning matches or winning the passing.

They played Norwich we played Southampton, a team that would usually smash us. It's a long season Lewis. <Ale>
They were playing away. Plus they are a perfect made team for counter attacking style. They are similar in this to Leicester, who also are low on passing completed standings after their win against Sunderland.

Blaming team for playing to their strength Doh
avatar
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Premier Leagues Fixtures 8/9/10 August 2015

Post by Kimbo on Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:10 pm

stinger wrote:
Kimbo wrote:
Luis wrote:I'm sure Newcastle fans will be chuffed they won the most passes but Palace fans will be happy they won the game. I guess it depends what you prefer winning matches or winning the passing.

They played Norwich we played Southampton, a team that would usually smash us. It's a long season Lewis. <Ale>
They were playing away. Plus they are a perfect made team for counter attacking style. They are similar in this to Leicester, who also are low on passing completed standings after their win against Sunderland.

Blaming team for playing to their strength Doh

You act like Pardew can play any other way. He sits back and lumps it long regardless of what players he has, he doesn't really do strategy.

What did you think of the disallowed goal?

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Age : 37
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Re: Premier Leagues Fixtures 8/9/10 August 2015

Post by stinger on Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:09 pm

Kimbo wrote:
stinger wrote:
Kimbo wrote:
Luis wrote:I'm sure Newcastle fans will be chuffed they won the most passes but Palace fans will be happy they won the game. I guess it depends what you prefer winning matches or winning the passing.

They played Norwich we played Southampton, a team that would usually smash us. It's a long season Lewis. <Ale>
They were playing away. Plus they are a perfect made team for counter attacking style. They are similar in this to Leicester, who also are low on passing completed standings after their win against Sunderland.

Blaming team for playing to their strength Doh

You act like Pardew can play any other way. He sits back and lumps it long regardless of what players he has, he doesn't really do strategy.

What did you think of the disallowed goal?
Maybe he can't play any other way. But it actually suits Crystal Palace and thats what I am trying to say in our discussions about Pardew. I don't think he is particularly good manager, he is average. But Palace suits him because of his history, because he has fans support there and he is doing well for them and probably will be doing well in foreseeable future. One day he will be sacked... but almost every manager is sacked sooner than later these days.

These days I am thinking more and more that sometimes is less about quality of manager, but also he suits particular team/club, how well club is run, etc... Right or wrong Pardew was "dead and buried" in Newcastle fans eyes since his appointment. Thats why it was even more impressive that last year he was able to come back from "Sack Pardew", with players acting like primadonnas these days it's not easy to keep locker room on his side.

Disallowed goal for Norwich? Close call, could go both ways. Would be nice a very nice goal, but I don't think this call is a travesty or something.
avatar
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Premier Leagues Fixtures 8/9/10 August 2015

Post by Kimbo on Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:40 pm

Close call? It was one of the worst decisions you'll ever see, it makes overhead kicks illegal, you may aswell outlaw headers aswell incase players nut eachother.

It's a myth that Pardew was turned on straight away, he started with a 3-1 win against Liverpool and we went on a little run, he got alot of leeway, and even through all the record breaking poor form plenty of people chose to ignore his mistakes and blame everything on Ashley. A lot of people would jump to his defence when you criticised him, though towards then end they had mostly given up. You also have to remember that Pardew didn't get sacked here, Ashley just wouldn't do it, he was willing to see us get relegated under him. Personally I think he's the luckiest fucker in the world, Newcastle resurrected his career, gave him an 8 year contract, and the issue between the fans and the owner was used to cover up his shortcomings. And despite everyone here thinking he was terrible, his reputation in the rest of the country ended up better than ever. Laughing

I think how well Palace do this season will depend on the individual skill of their attacking players and how he gets along with them, Cabaye can bail them out, and they do have some pace to counterattack. But you never know, he falls out with players easily and makes personal decisions to the detriment of the team, he also might end up playing Connor Wickham as a winger or something.
avatar
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
Age : 30
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Premier Leagues Fixtures 8/9/10 August 2015

Post by christmasborocooper on Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:58 pm

That ruled out goal was a fucking disgrace.
avatar
Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Age : 26
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Re: Premier Leagues Fixtures 8/9/10 August 2015

Post by Luis on Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:35 pm

The ruled out goal was outrageous but then if you take away all the dodgy decisions in football United would only have around 14 league titles to their name.

The fact remains that Pardew keeps rubbing his big hairy bollocks all over Kimmy's face and I see no reason why that won't continue.

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Age : 37
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Re: Premier Leagues Fixtures 8/9/10 August 2015

Post by stinger on Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:40 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:That ruled out goal was a fucking disgrace.
Actually your post makes me thinking about this whole situation. I would not disallow that goal if having a choice, but probably would find a few worse calls during the weekend and don't think it's disgrace.

Maybe its just a difference between fans from "soft" continental Europe and UK.
avatar
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Age : 32
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Premier Leagues Fixtures 8/9/10 August 2015

Post by debaser on Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:10 pm

tbh I've always thought it's a bit of a grey area that overhead kicks are allowed when it involves foot/knee swinging high and not exactly under control as you can't necessarily see who's behind you and it's often occurring in a crowded penalty area.

Not to say I think they should be banned or anything, as they can make for some of the most beautiful goals.

To arbitrarily call a foul on the one scored at weekend was ridiculous as it is not something that is going to be called by vast majority of refs.
avatar
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
Age : 30
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Premier Leagues Fixtures 8/9/10 August 2015

Post by christmasborocooper on Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:40 pm

I just hate seeing goals like that disallowed. Something acrobatic and creative.. Disallowed for such a rubbish reason.

Sponsored content

Re: Premier Leagues Fixtures 8/9/10 August 2015

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:08 am