This Liverpool side is fucking turgid
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Premier Leagues Fixtures 8/9/10 August 2015

Post by Fey on Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:17 pm

Cant believe Brenton hasnt been fired yet!

I just heard the commentator say that since the EPL Liverpool finished 7th place as many times as they finished 2nd!
Fey

Post by Fey on Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:45 pm

Fabulous goal from Coutinho to save the points, they dont deserve it. But on the other hand Stoke are also negative.
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper on Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:45 pm

Coutinho the next to leave this club then

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:46 pm

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE AT ME MOTHERFUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170

Post by Kimbo on Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:48 pm

Fey wrote:Fabulous goal from Coutinho to save the points, they dont deserve it. But on the other hand Stoke are also negative.

The hipsters have been all over Stoke this summer, they're still shithouse in my eyes.
Fey

Post by Fey on Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:53 pm

Even Stoke play with more Dutchies then English people..what a league...

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:56 pm

Shit game, Coutinho played shit but all I care about is that we got the 3 points.

I don't wanna see a midfield pivot of Henderson and Milner again mind.
Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis on Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:59 pm

Boooooooom!

Has any club performed well this weekend other than West Ham and Swansea?

3 points is all that matters opening weekend. We looked so much better when Can and Firmino were on. Even Lovren looked solid today.

Concerns over Benteke and Gomez but that's for another day. Important 3 points.
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:04 pm

Luis wrote:Boooooooom!

3 points is all that matters opening weekend. We looked so much better when Can and Firmino were on. Even Lovren looked solid today.

West Ham
Swansea
Leicester
Newcastle
Watford

So, yes?
Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis on Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:06 pm

Leicster and Watford both conceded 2 to Sunderland and Everton which is shameful in its own right.

Fey

Post by Fey on Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:13 pm

Im looking at the Cech howlers but tbh I expected worse, not like the Arsenal defenders were doing much to prevent it!

Still kudos for Wham, typical cockney ,never say die, mentality

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger on Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:14 pm

He should be sent off for elbow on Diouf though.

More malicious than majority of Fellaini elbows, who does them mostly in the air, when there is less control over the body.

I enjoy watching Diouf, but he was extremely wasteful today - not only inside the box, but also in build up, for example had 2 or 3 stupid back heels pass attempts.
Luis

Post by Luis on Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:19 pm

stinger wrote:

More malicious than majority of Fellaini elbows, who does them mostly in the air, when there is less control over the body.

I enjoy watching Diouf, but he was extremely wasteful today - not only inside the box, but also in build up, for example had 2 or 3 stupid back heels pass attempts.

Could have been a red but Fellaini actually looks at his victims first to make sure he gets them in the face. One of their players did the same thing later on and didn't even get a yellow though.
Murray

Number of posts : 10197

Post by Murray on Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:21 pm

Probably the most boring opening weekend of the season ever.
Luis

Post by Luis on Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:41 pm

Murray wrote:Probably the most boring opening weekend of the season ever.

Other than Arsenal losing, Chelsea just about drawing, a contender for goal of the season and quite a lot of other goals?

It makes a change from the top teams always winning easily opening weekend. Arsenal and Chelsea were expected to walk their games.

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:42 pm

WALK ON! WALK ON! WITH HOPE IN YOUR HEARTS! AND YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE! YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE! WALK ON! WALK ON !

cheers

stinger

Post by stinger on Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:50 pm

One for Jaime - was very impressed todaty by Muniesa, very solid (even if he's too small) as CB and slotted perfectly as LB after the break, did very well against Ibe. Not surprised he was so highly rated at La Masia years ago Smiley

Luis wrote:
stinger wrote:

Could have been a red but Fellaini actually looks at his victims first to make sure he gets them in the face. One of their players did the same thing later on and didn't even get a yellow though.
Its difficult to look at victims when going into air. Lovren was standing and he clearly looked at Diouf before elbowing him.

With Stoke player it was a different situation, as someone (van Ginkel?) could defend that he was protecting the ball he had underhis control. Yellow probably would be enough here.

Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
Supports : West Ham
Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Di Caniooooo! on Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:27 pm

All I have to say is Bwuhahahaha Laughing

Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
Supports : West Ham
Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Di Caniooooo! on Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:33 pm

Oh and...

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:06 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/09/liverpool-midfield-problem-james-milner-stoke-city

4 pages already, keep it going lads, I know it's probaly because it's the 1st week of the season but still.... ok
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:24 pm

I just read that Sunderland's new signing M'Vila got sent off for a headbutt in an U21 game, and the suspension counts for senior games. Laughing Sunderland cheers
Luis

Post by Luis on Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:41 pm

I think once Can came on we did much better in the midfield area - Henderson and Milner were far too deep. Milner did what we brought him to do - tracked back, relentlessly chased down the opposition. Henderson had a poor game.

My main issue is what I feared when we signed Benteke - he was isolated all game. I think having Firmino or Ings up there with him will be much more effective. He won nearly every ball but the rest of the team were no way near him at times.

Fitness is clearly not the best and that seems to be the case for most teams except for those who have taken part in the Europa League (West Ham, Southampton) those sides look sharper.

I thought Clyne had a really good game - a huge upgrade on Johnson.

Gomez struggled - I think he's one for the home games against smaller teams but we need someone better for the big games and I don't think that's Moreno either.

I'd bring in Firmino for Lallana and Ings for Ibe in our next game at home to Bournmouth. Can deserves a place in the more difficult games - away at Arsenal the week after for example.

debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser on Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:36 pm

stinger wrote:
Kimbo wrote:Nobody wants to talk about Riyad Mahrez Sad

True ok

So I will talk to Debbie about Rudy Gestede instead - looks like a very good transfer for 6m pounds Ale

At least he was bought by manager who is not afraid to tell his players to put some crosses.

Only saw highlights so can't contribute much, but loved his header for the goal. Like a striker who really attacks headers like that. If he can do that regularly maybe we won't miss Benteke and indeed could be a bargain. also makes Adebayor signing less likely.
bluenine

Number of posts : 22997
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine on Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:53 pm

Luis wrote:I think once Can came on we did much better in the midfield area - Henderson and Milner were far too deep. Milner did what we brought him to do - tracked back, relentlessly chased down the opposition. Henderson had a poor game.

My main issue is what I feared when we signed Benteke - he was isolated all game. I think having Firmino or Ings up there with him will be much more effective. He won nearly every ball but the rest of the team were no way near him at times.

Fitness is clearly not the best and that seems to be the case for most teams except for those who have taken part in the Europa League (West Ham, Southampton) those sides look sharper.

Gomez struggled - I think he's one for the home games against smaller teams but we need someone better for the big games and I don't think that's Moreno either.

I'd bring in Firmino for Lallana and Ings for Ibe in our next game at home to Bournmouth. Can deserves a place in the more difficult games - away at Arsenal the week after for example.

Henderson and Milner are both good players, but neither is a DM. Its like England playing Lampard+Gerrard all over again!

A good team will rip you a new one, if thats how you line up. You have the player who can help (Lucas) but he wasn't even on the bench?

Luis

Post by Luis on Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:11 pm

@MCFC: CITY XI: Hart, Sagna, Kompany (C), Mangala, Kolarov, Toure, Fernandinho, Navas, Silva, Sterling, Bony

@WBAFCofficial: Albion v @MCFC: Myhill, Chester, Dawson, Lescott, Brunt, Morrison, Gardner, Fletcher (c), McClean, Berahino, Lambert.

Let's see what the 50 mil boy wonder can do.
Luis

Post by Luis on Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:15 pm

bluenine wrote:
Luis wrote:I think once Can came on we did much better in the midfield area - Henderson and Milner were far too deep. Milner did what we brought him to do - tracked back, relentlessly chased down the opposition. Henderson had a poor game.

Henderson and Milner are both good players, but neither is a DM. Its like England playing Lampard+Gerrard all over again!

A good team will rip you a new one, if thats how you line up. You have the player who can help (Lucas) but he wasn't even on the bench?

Can is preferred over Lucas if we're going with a DM now. I think Henderson is more effective higher up the pitch - Milner keeps and uses the ball very well so will naturally be the deeper of the two.
Luis

Post by Luis on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:29 pm

Awful tactics from Pulis. City cruising.

stinger

Post by stinger on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:12 pm

Luis wrote:Awful tactics from Pulis. City cruising.
What's so awful about it (unless you mean it's awful to watch, then I agree)? There's the only way for them to hope to get a point(s) - defend deep and hope for counter attack/set piece.

Execution was very poor for sure, but I don't really see alternative.
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:48 pm

Chinteresting.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9945106/man-city-completed-692-passes-against-west-brom-how-did-the-rest-compare

6. Newcastle United: 396

Team average last season: 304

19= Crystal Palace: 200

It shows the difference between McClaren and Pardew, we were playing a far better side than Norwich aswell, and spent much of the game in their half, none of that passing it around the CB's for ages.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:09 am