Number of posts : 38169
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Premier League 29, 30 August.

Post by Kimbo on Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:34 pm

And another one, if Afellay had to go off then so did Gardner. Laughing
Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis on Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:04 am

Kimbo wrote:Coutinho, Noble and Adam shouldn't have been sent off today either. A shitter all round.

Agree on the first two but Adam stamped on a player's leg so I can see why it was given. Coutinho dissent fair enough but there has to be consistency - plenty of players swear at officials and get away with it. Coutinho being on the floor and a player falling over him is never a second yellow though. The Noble one is bizarre - Friend lost it at that point.

Huth should have been sent off for his swipe at a player's head.

A red card for a slap is embarrassing though - I've always thought this contact with face rule is ridiculous. A tap or slap gets a red the same as a punch in the face would? Rubbish.

Oh and we were awful today. West Ham turned up and we didn't. No idea what our game plan was - everything we did well at the Emirates was forgotten; instead of getting Benteke involved in stretching defenders and providing link up play we were lumping it up to him Andy Carroll style.

Our defence fell apart. Gomez showed his inexperience and Lovren reverted back to brainfart defending. Skrtel was equally appalling.

I can understand the odd loss and poor performance but it's becoming a habit now - 6 goals conceded at Stoke is unforgivable but losing at home 3-0 to a side without their first choice keeper and a side who have struggled apart from opening day is really poor. I do believe in Rodgers but he just can't afford any more of these games.

The one saving grace is that the international break affords us the chance to get players back - primarily Hendrson and hopefully Sturridge.

For some reason we seem to have finished our transfer business so in our next game at United I'd bring in Moreno for Gomez and Henderson for Coutinho (suspended)

Firmino can play in the hole and Henerson, Lucas and Milner as the midfield. I'd move Can into a back 3 and have Clyne and Moreno as wing backs. If we're going to play to Benteke's strengths then we need wide players who can beat a man and whip in a good delivery.

Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:37 am

Maybe right on Adam, but if I didn't know what he's like I could see it as him innocently trying to keep his balance.

The only way to deal with dissent is to mic up the refs like in Rugby, I saw Rooney shout "f**k off you fucking c**t" at a ref last week, the commentators said nothing, but a less favoured player can get a yellow and it will apparently be warranted.

Also Keown was saying Arsenal players need to surround the referee on MOTD like that is an acceptable thing to say. The footballing culture in this country has completely changed, diving and all types of cheating and gamesmanship are accepted and encouraged in the mainstream, you can tell certain teams are trained in it by their coaches aswell. It's going to turn into WWE in a decade or so.

christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper on Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:44 am

Haven't seen the Newcastle one yet, Coutinho seemed harsh but Noble, fucking hell that is an outrageous red card. Ref should be punished for that alone.
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:53 am

christmasborocooper wrote:Haven't seen the Newcastle one yet, Coutinho seemed harsh but Noble, fucking hell that is an outrageous red card. Ref should be punished for that alone.

You can argue Mitrovic's was a red, Noble's and Coutinho's were more ridiculous. The reason people are pissed off was the overall game though, people just looking at Mitrovic's and saying "I don't see what they're complaining about" are missing the point, the crowd were well pissed off before that.
Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis on Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:13 am

I'm sorry Kimmy but Mitrovic was a clear red - his foot lands on the shin of the player. You simply can't argue against that. It's wreckless.

According to Gullit our problems stem from the fact that we need a new stadium. That was the most utterly bizzarre comment I've seen on MOTD. I think he might have been stoned or pissed last night actually.
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21762
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:15 pm

Affellay was unlucky as well. Gardner made contact with his face 1st after fouling him. WBA clearly targeted him, shoving him into the advertising boards as well.

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger on Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:19 pm

Kimbo wrote:Maybe right on Adam, but if I didn't know what he's like I could see it as him innocently trying to keep his balance.

The only way to deal with dissent is to mic up the refs like in Rugby, I saw Rooney shout "f**k off you fucking c**t" at a ref last week, the commentators said nothing, but a less favoured player can get a yellow and it will apparently be warranted.

Also Keown was saying Arsenal players need to surround the referee on MOTD like that is an acceptable thing to say. The footballing culture in this country has completely changed, diving and all types of cheating and gamesmanship are accepted and encouraged in the mainstream, you can tell certain teams are trained in it by their coaches aswell. It's going to turn into WWE in a decade or so.

But it's the only way to go for teams, who are not aggressive in pressuring the referees - Chelsea or United players (especially under Ferguson) aren't holding back and they are not punished for it. So if officials aren't interested in enforcing rules, than other teams should adjust properly.

Expecting Keown to say something like "players should behave accordingly and referees should punish them with yellow cards when they are trying to affect their decision" is just very, very naive. We crossed that line probably around 10 years ago and nobody did anything when it was still possible to stop it.

Just like with wrestling in penalty box during set pieces, lack of consistency from referees, top clubs being favoured, etc...
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:01 pm

But I don't want my team to behave like that. tongue I know not training your team in cheating and intimidation puts them at a disadvantage, but I would like to actually respect them.

We know refs are under orders to protect certain clubs and players though.
http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/the-secret-footballer/13015/referees-told-to-respect-premier-league-brand/

The ref told me that during a Premier League meeting of top referees, Scudamore had finished off by saying: And, remember, youre not in a sport, you are part of the entertainment business. We dont want our top players being sent off every week because its bad for the brand. We want them on the pitch as much as possible.

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:09 pm

I said before the game yesterday that I had no idea why Rodgers was starting with 2 DM and a CB at LB against a team like West Ham. He didn't even change the midfield at half time when it was obvious it wasn't working. Sometimes Rodgers really lets himself down, tactically I mean. This shit is obvious to the average man in a pub yet he fails to see it.
Luis

Post by Luis on Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:33 pm

United equally as shit as us.

Luis

Post by Luis on Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:37 pm

How the f**k was Ayew free?
Luis

Post by Luis on Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:46 pm

Depay yet to do anything. Rooney past it?
Murray

Number of posts : 10183

Post by Murray on Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:55 pm

Van Gaal is a magician, he's made 250million disappear.
Fey

Number of posts : 35341
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:58 pm

Pathetic, buy more shite players please.

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:05 pm

Luis wrote:Depay yet to do anything. Rooney past it?

Obviously Rooney's past it. Fat boy.

Brian 2468

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Post by Brian 2468 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:23 pm

Memphis is not good enough either. Man U do not look like they will master any league again.

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:25 pm

Brian 2468 wrote:Memphis is not good enough either. Man U do not look like they will master any league again.

That's a pity, I thought they where going to master the Belgian league soon.
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:42 pm

But Rooney proved everyone wrong in that european qualifier. scratch

Brian 2468

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Post by Brian 2468 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:43 pm

worms; wrote:
Brian 2468 wrote:Memphis is not good enough either. Man U do not look like they will master any league again.

That's a pity, I thought they where going to master the Belgian league soon.
Yes I could see you thinking that.
christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper on Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:06 pm

Twas hilarious seeing the United fans saying Rooney was back to world class after some goals against Club Brugge. Swansea have the best transfer skills in the game.
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:19 pm

For a defender there's not much to be scared of with Rooney, he doesn't have pace, or height, or strength(compared to CB's), he doesn't take players on, he has decent movement but not great. Tbh he's alot better than he should be considering his attributes, based on his record he will go down as one of the premier leagues greatest forwards, but you'll never see anyone putting him in an all time XI.
Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:25 pm

Rooney's lost his wrecking ball explosiveness. It should not surprise anyone, he's about to be 30 but in football terms it's as old as 30 can get.
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo on Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:29 pm

I'd say he lost that years ago though but he kept scoring. I can't remember the last time I didn't think he was overweight. He's a fucking weird player.

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger on Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:58 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:Twas hilarious seeing the United fans saying Rooney was back to world class after some goals against Club Brugge. Swansea have the best transfer skills in the game.
True that.

Biggest masterstroke was to get Gomis on Bosman, than bring him up slowly for 6 months, then selling Bony for big money and then having a replacement ready.

Getting Ayew on free, Fabianski on free or Cork very cheaply was impressive too.
Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:03 pm

Fabiansli is basically the new Tim Howard - thrown in the deep end at a top club when he was far too green then sold for peanuts, now blossoming.

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:23 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:Twas hilarious seeing the United fans saying Rooney was back to world class after some goals against Club Brugge. Swansea have the best transfer skills in the game.

No they don't. Teams like Rayo Vallecano have negative net spends and their best players cost around 1 million. Yet they play better football.
christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper on Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:09 pm

Yeah hyperbole though
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P on Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:03 pm

Great result for Swansea and thoroughly deserved win, but it was clearly obvious in the first half they're no Rayo Vallecano though
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:53 pm

Ayew <Ale>

Was really surprised he ended up in Swansea because you would think bigger clubs would be after him considering the talent he has shown for both Marseille and Ghana. Same with Payet but it certainly raises the level of the league.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:13 pm