Liga Catalana

Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Liga Catalana

Post by Jaime on Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:46 pm

I'm sure Pep and Pique will be thrilled to see an independent Cataluña. LFP has already come out and said that Catalan clubs will cease to be in the Spanish league if there is an independent Cataluña. There are barely enough teams for two flights even if they went with a smaller number like in Scotland.

FC Barcelona (Div 1)
RCD Espanyol (Div 1)
Gimnàstic de Tarragona (Div 2)
Girona FC (Div 2)
UE Llagostera (Div 2)
CF Badalona (Div 2B)
UE Cornellà (Div 2B)
CE L'Hospitalet (Div 2B)
Lleida Esportiu (Div 2B)
CF Reus Deportiu (Div 2B)
CE Sabadell (Div 2B)
UE Olot (Div 2B)
CF Pobla de Mafumet (Div 2B)
CF Gavà (Div 3)
AE Prat (Div 3)
CE Júpiter (Div 3)
CF Montañesa (Div 3)
FC Ascó (Div 3)
UE Figueres (Div 3)
UE Sant Andreu (Div 3)
EC Granollers (Div 3)
CE Europa (Div 3)
FC Villafranca (Div 3)
Terrassa FC (Div 3)

I'm sure the tv sponsorship dollars will be flying in for all the people that will be looking forward to the first ever Olot-Terrassa. Rolling Eyes

Can't wait. Ale

Re: Liga Catalana

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:51 pm

LFP would never throw us out of the league for obvious reasons. However, independence is probably still a long way off.
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:53 pm

Corrupt real mierda wrote:LFP would never throw us out of the league for obvious reasons. However, independence is probably still a long way off.

Exactly the opposite, for obvious reasons.

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:01 pm

If they threw us out then it would make the league a lot less lucrative. Money always wins. Welsh teams play in the DPL for example, so theoretically there will be no problem in Catalonian teams playing in La Liga.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:42 pm

Corrupt real mierda wrote:If they threw us out then it would make the league a lot less lucrative. Money always wins. Welsh teams play in the DPL for example, so theoretically there will be no problem in Catalonian teams playing in La Liga.

In theory. In practice Tebas said they can't. Anyhow, it's not la liga tossing anyone out. It's the catalans leaving. Barcelona stands to lose more than the Spanish clubs, as you can see by their potential opponents listed above.

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:57 pm

But what if we don't want to leave La Liga? I don't think we would get kicked out, after all La Liga is a business. Getting rid of your joint most lucrative asset doesn't make any sense for any business.

Anyway I don't think Catalonia will get independence any time soon.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:03 pm

Corrupt real mierda wrote:But what if we don't want to leave La Liga? I don't think we would get kicked out, after all La Liga is a business. Getting rid of your joint most lucrative asset doesn't make any sense for any business.

Anyway I don't think Catalonia will get independence any time soon.

Probably not.

But if they leave the rest of Spain they won't be eligible to play in the Spanish league. That is cut and dry, it's doesn't matter if FCB want to or not.

Obviously no FCB would mean no more super clasico and obviously that's the biggest attraction but la liga would still have Real Madrid, Atletico, Valencia, Sevilla, Villarreal, Athletic, etc. the rest of the catalan league wouldn't even be close to that kind of quality.
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress on Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:53 am

lol!

Independència!

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:08 pm

Teams from Andorra already play in the Spanish League. So teams from Catalonia will be able to as well.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey on Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:59 pm

I went to UE Figueres once, they were well shit and so was their stadium. Nice Dali museum tho. But since then I've a week spot for them, and I would support them if they were in La Liga Catalunya.
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:29 am

Corrupt real mierda wrote:Teams from Andorra already play in the Spanish League. So teams from Catalonia will be able to as well.

It's just the one team. In the 5th division which isn't even professional. But they also play the Copa Catalunya so in all likelihood they'll f**k off and join the liga catalana too once it exists.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:54 am