Premier League last day

Share
avatar
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Premier League last day

Post by Fey on Sun May 15, 2016 10:22 pm

6 points against the nr 2 3 yet still regulated while your arch rivals stay up? I think he will happily acknowledge that the twat.
avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Age : 37
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Premier League last day

Post by Isco Benny on Sun May 15, 2016 10:30 pm

Laughing

Good stuff Fey.

Kimbo you owned us this season. Whilst I don't quite know what we were doing today, you should be somewhat disgruntled you decided to play that solidly/well after you'd already gone down. On the plus side that might be the last we see of Mason and Carroll, whilst then force Poch and Levy to seriously reinforce the squad to avoid end of season burn out. Finally it should also mean Wenger will definitely stay. So in the longer term you've probably done is a favour.
avatar
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Premier League last day

Post by Kimbo on Sun May 15, 2016 10:38 pm

Fey wrote:6 points against the nr 2 3 yet still regulated while your arch rivals stay up? I think he will happily acknowledge that the twat.

Let them have their day, they lit up a monument in red and white to celebrate their mighty 17th place. Laughing People don't understand how lame Sunderland is because everyone outside the North East ignores them, their only ambition in the sport is to finish above us.
avatar
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21764
Age : 31
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Premier League last day

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Sun May 15, 2016 10:49 pm

Only Newcastle and Dortmund scored 3+ against us this season. Kudos
avatar
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15428
Age : 28
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Premier League last day

Post by Super Progress on Sun May 15, 2016 10:58 pm

The Prfessr wrote:
It's a big thing in that this was their best chance to finish above their main rival for the 1st time in 21 years and finally get that monkey off their backs but they completely bottled it as they have repeatedly done season after season in the last decade. The danger here is it becomes a mentality thing, becomes ingrained in their psyche that no matter what they do they'll always be 2nd best to us. This was their chance to prove this current team is different from all other bottling Spurs sides but they failed.

I'd be massively gutted if I was a Spurs fan. Even as an arsenal I think it's a joke that we finished above them, there's no way this Arsenal team deserves to finish 2nd in any league.
You may be right that this is how everyone around the club would take it in.

But it seems to be that this way of thinking only makes sense outside the actual context of Tottenham's season which was that it was the first time they competed for the title in a long time and they did so at that point in the season where it matters the most. Furthermore, they did so outcompeting Arsenal when it mattered. This to me is why finishing below Arsenal is irrelevant in this case because we know the context. Remove the title race dynamic and you're exactly right but the big point of this season was not "Tottenham almost finished above Arsenal" it was "Tottenham almost won the title". A far bigger monkey to get off their back.
avatar
Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19646
Age : 37
Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Premier League last day

Post by Isco Benny on Sun May 15, 2016 11:05 pm

Super Progress wrote:
The Prfessr wrote:
It's a big thing in that this was their best chance to finish above their main rival for the 1st time in 21 years and finally get that monkey off their backs but they completely bottled it as they have repeatedly done season after season in the last decade. The danger here is it becomes a mentality thing, becomes ingrained in their psyche that no matter what they do they'll always be 2nd best to us. This was their chance to prove this current team is different from all other bottling Spurs sides but they failed.

I'd be massively gutted if I was a Spurs fan. Even as an arsenal I think it's a joke that we finished above them, there's no way this Arsenal team deserves to finish 2nd in any league.
You may be right that this is how everyone around the club would take it in.

But it seems to be that this way of thinking only makes sense outside the actual context of Tottenham's season which was that it was the first time they competed for the title in a long time and they did so at that point in the season where it matters the most. Furthermore, they did so outcompeting Arsenal when it mattered. This to me is why finishing below Arsenal is irrelevant in this case because we know the context. Remove the title race dynamic and you're exactly right but the big point of this season was not "Tottenham almost finished above Arsenal" it was "Tottenham almost won the title". A far bigger monkey to get off their back.

I think you've hit the nail on the head here. Absolutely no doubting we wanted to finish above them but in the context of a season we were in a title race (albeit always chasing) it doesn't feel that gutting. Given 2012 happened this is small fry anyway, at least we get automatic champions league to take the edge off it.
avatar
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Premier League last day

Post by Fey on Sun May 22, 2016 9:21 pm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/7166457/Fake-fans-paid-to-cheer-Leicester-City-during-Bangkok-victory-parade.html

This makes me sad!
avatar
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Premier League last day

Post by Kimbo on Sun May 22, 2016 9:32 pm

Fey wrote:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/7166457/Fake-fans-paid-to-cheer-Leicester-City-during-Bangkok-victory-parade.html

This makes me sad!

I thought that looked weird, as if loads of Thai's are going to support Leicester because a Thai bought them.
avatar
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Premier League last day

Post by Fey on Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:32 pm

Koeman to Everton it seems.

Fucking stupid move if anything.
avatar
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: Premier League last day

Post by Kimbo on Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:56 pm

Fey wrote:Koeman to Everton it seems.

Fucking stupid move if anything.

Sucks for Southampton, they're like a managerial feeder club for the rest of the league. The opportunity to work with Oumar Diasse is hard to turn down though.
avatar
Murray

Number of posts : 10197
Age : 47
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Premier League last day

Post by Murray on Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:22 pm

Arsenal want Vardy, according to the Grauniad

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/03/jamie-vardy-leicester-arsenal-trigger-release-clause?CMP=share_btn_tw
avatar
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Age : 32
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: Premier League last day

Post by debaser on Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:36 pm

Vultures are descending on Leicester. Seems a very un-Wenger signing. Would've thought Mahrez would be more up their street. And Kante would be more what they need (rumours he could be going to Chelsea)
avatar
Murray

Number of posts : 10197
Age : 47
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Premier League last day

Post by Murray on Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:40 pm

I can't see Arsenal hoofing long balls up the pitch for Vardy to chase after like Leicester do. Maybe Wenger is finally going to try something different, or he has lost his marbles.

Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
Age : 31
Supports : West Ham
Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Premier League last day

Post by Di Caniooooo! on Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:54 am

Everton in talks with Southampton over Koman.

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Age : 37
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Re: Premier League last day

Post by stinger on Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:35 am

Koeman officially signed, 3-years contract.

Would prefer Favre or Pellegrini personally, but can't really complain about getting Koeman either. Did very well with Southampton and Premier League seems to suit him well.

Big summer transfer ahead now.

Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
Age : 31
Supports : West Ham
Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Premier League last day

Post by Di Caniooooo! on Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:32 pm

West Ham has signed Sofiane Feghouli from Valencia.

Sponsored content

Re: Premier League last day

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:10 pm