the great "Sack Wenger and Schaaf !!" -Thread

Cesc Soler

Number of posts : 9944
Supports : Arsenal FC
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: the great "Sack Wenger and Schaaf !!" -Thread

Post by Cesc Soler on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:00 am

Waft I think we all agree that we are amongst the wealthiest clubs in Europe. However despite this we have still had to spend wisely and keep within a set budget due to the burden of a new stadium. For example the signing of Alexander Hleb was covered by the Patrick Vieira sale money. We cannot go out and spend £20 million on a player with recouping yet.

<Ale>
waft the hapless youth

Number of posts : 2548
Supports : FC Alania Vladikavkaz Juventus FC Boca Juniors Atlético Madrid The Celtic Football Club
Favourite Player : Donatien Alphonse-François de Sade John Fashanu
Registration date : 2007-02-22

Post by waft the hapless youth on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:02 am

Glenn wrote:
Waftradamus wrote:Gosh, you're boring, of course they are one of the richest clubs in the world.

In what respect? Arsenal are £262m in debt

Stick to correcting people's grammar and punctuation - and start at home "arsenal is" Doh

It is an acceptable usage for a team.

What brings you to the European Leagues? Debt means nothing to big football teams, Real Madrid were £200m in debt when they bought Zidane. Arsenal is one of the ten richest clubs in world football.

Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
Supports : Palestine
Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Glenarch of the Glen on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:04 am

Cesc wrote:We cannot go out and spend £20 million on a player with recouping

Exactly.

Compared to Boro or Blackburn Arsenal are a rich club, but when put up against the likes of United, Real Madrid, Milan, Barcelona, Bayern, Chelsea, Liverpool etc there is a big gulf.

If you're talking about competing with Blackburn and Bolton then yeah - you can compete financially. But competing with the big boys means growing your own as you wont win any bidding wars ok
Deano

Number of posts : 22042
Supports : West Ham United
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deano on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:07 am

Thats the only factor that at the moment is stopping Arsenal from giving a real title challenge. Chelsea and Man Utd can blow big money on big players. Arsenal have to sell first or buy £3m players and hope they turn out great. Which luckily for them has paid off in the past.

Now Liverpool will have money Arsenal will find themselves in a much trickier position...

Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:08 am

Waftradamus wrote:Debt means nothing to big football teams, Real Madrid were £200m in debt when they bought Zidane. Arsenal is one of the ten richest clubs in world football.

Ha! Make a ridiculous statement and back it up with an even more ridiculous example!

Are you suggesting that Arsenal's financial situation is similar to that of Real Madrid? Because I can assure you that it is not.

Doh
S4P

Number of posts : 14358
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:11 am

Arsenal can't sell their training ground for £200m
waft the hapless youth

Supports : FC Alania Vladikavkaz Juventus FC Boca Juniors Atlético Madrid The Celtic Football Club

Post by waft the hapless youth on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:11 am

Glenn wrote:
Waftradamus wrote:Debt means nothing to big football teams, Real Madrid were £200m in debt when they bought Zidane. Arsenal is one of the ten richest clubs in world football.

Ha! Make a ridiculous statement and back it up with an even more ridiculous example!

Are you suggesting that Arsenal's financial situation is similar to that of Real Madrid? Because I can assure you that it is not.

Doh

Wow, very astute. "Something is ridiculous, because I say so, go me!", very silly. Do you want me to provide proof that arsenal are one of the richest clubs in the world or shall we keep it quiet and let you fade into the night and think of controversial things to say?

Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:15 am

Waftradamus wrote:

Wow, very astute. "Something is ridiculous, because I say so, go me!", very silly. Do you want me to provide proof that arsenal are one of the richest clubs in the world or shall we keep it quiet and let you fade into the night and think of controversial things to say?

I don't think I need to - since you'll be the only one who believes this is the case. I trust most people on here can tell the difference between Arsenal and Real Madrid Laugh

Back track - go on Coat
waft the hapless youth

Post by waft the hapless youth on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:16 am

Glenn wrote:
Waftradamus wrote:

I don't think I need to - since you'll be the only one who believes this is the case. I trust most people on here can tell the difference between Arsenal and Real Madrid Laugh

Back track - go on Coat

Yep, you have nothing to argue, so mock, repeat yourself, and repeat yourself repeating yourself in the same sentence. You're funnier than you think, and for reasons which escape you.

Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:19 am

S4P2 wrote:Arsenal can't sell their training ground for £200m

ok

alos, Real are/were being bankrolled privately whereas Arsenal is run as a business.

Say to a Leeds fan
Waftradamus wrote:Debt means nothing to big football teams
and find out just how stupid you are.
waft the hapless youth

Post by waft the hapless youth on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:21 am

Playschool argument, I can't counter what you are saying, so I'll apply specifics to a general point to make it appear weaker.

Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:24 am

Waftradamus wrote:Playschool argument, I can't counter what you are saying, so I'll apply specifics to a general point to make it appear weaker.

What am I supposed to be countering exactly? You haven't made a single point - choosing instead to comment on me personally rather than the subject.

As I say - off topic, stick to posting obscure song lyrics and leave the football chat to the grown ups ok

Off you pop Ale
waft the hapless youth

Post by waft the hapless youth on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:30 am

Glenn wrote:
Waftradamus wrote:Playschool argument, I can't counter what you are saying, so I'll apply specifics to a general point to make it appear weaker.

What am I supposed to be countering exactly? You haven't made a single point - choosing instead to comment on me personally rather than the subject.

As I say - off topic, stick to posting obscure song lyrics and leave the football chat to the grown ups ok

Off you pop Ale

You must be part mynah bird.

Everything I've said in this thread is reasonable, you imply that I don't post about football, which is peculiar, you attack me constantly, I ignore you more often than not. You have clearly lost your bearings, Momo Sissoko is nowhere to be seen, make a hasty exit to your comfort zone of bullying and playing the maladroit harlequin, you're tiresome so.

Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:33 am

what has any of this got to do with your outlandish comparison of Arsenal to Real Madrid? I'm assuming by attempting to change the subject and commenting on me personally that you have conceded the argument.

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:34 am

Hahaha. You guys are such bitches. Razz
waft the hapless youth

Post by waft the hapless youth on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:37 am

It was a point about debt often being irrelevant, and a silly way of measuring a clubs wealth, you focus on it to divert the fact you were wrong to suggest Arsenal are not among the worlds richest clubs. That you've the gall to mention personal attacks shows the unfavourable regard you must hold yourself in.

Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:47 am

Waftradamus wrote:It was a point about debt often being irrelevant, and a silly way of measuring a clubs wealth, you focus on it to divert the fact you were wrong to suggest Arsenal are not among the worlds richest clubs.

I'll be gentle with you, you seem scared and I know you're new to this football discussion business.

I asked you to clarify in what terms are Arsenal among the world's richest clubs - you still haven't done so. Turnover? Income? Assets?

Whichever way you paint it, they are over £200m in debt and cannot go out and spend £30m on a Rooney or a Ronaldinho - this conflicts with your statement Wenger prefers to "discover" players from other youth systems rather than pay big money for stars I'm sure if he could he would spend money like the big boys do.

You went on to say "Debt means nothing to big football teams, Real Madrid were £200m in debt when they bought Zidane."

Now I've already explained that there are big differences between Real and Arsenal. Arsenal are reliant on their turnover whereas Real are more or less unofficially bankrolled by a sugar daddy. Debt means an awful lot to big football teams. Arsenal justify theirs as they spent the money on a stadium that will last 100 years, not a squad that may last 4 or 5.

I will accept your apology.
waft the hapless youth

Post by waft the hapless youth on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:54 am

I know for certain (having just seen) that Arsenal are among the world's richest clubs in terms of income and assets, I'm sure they are by many other criteria. I will not sully the board with tedious exchange with you, I'm sorry if I've offended you.

Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen on Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:01 am

You're evading the questions again so I'm taking that as admitting defeat. Arsenal are currently among the world's richest clubs in terms of income, this I do not dispute. May I suggest in future you think twice before engaging in an argument on a subject you know very little on.

I accept your apology.

A & K

Number of posts : 3347
Registration date : 2006-08-12

Post by A & K on Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:19 am

take it easy guys Embarassed Evil or Very Mad <Ale> <Ale>
Ä

Number of posts : 11028
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä on Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:43 pm

maybe the problem for Schaaf and Wenger is that they are under ZERO pressure from their boards to win anything

I would like to see Schaaf at Bayern and Wenger at Schalke

they might find the pressure too much and be exposed for what they are

alternatively, they might tough it out and grow a spine

interesting social experiment
DS

Number of posts : 12952
Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS on Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:46 pm

Wenger at Schalke?
Arsenal are a bigger club then Schalke.
Ä

Post by Ä on Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:54 pm

I just want to see how Wenger would cope with PRESSURE from the BOARD

Schalke are notoriously impatient

half a season of what they consider underachievement and Wenger would be out, just like Rangnick

could Wenger cope ???

I doubt it

ditto Schaaf at Bayern
Ä

Post by Ä on Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:42 pm

it seems that Frings is SERIOUSLY considering leaving Bremen

what a change of heart

it was Frings who had burnt his fingers at Bayern and told everybody that small could be beautiful, that Bremen were the perfect club

he advised Klose to stay put since he was unlikely to find similar conditions at bigger clubs

now Frings seems to have finally fallen out of love with Bremen

presumably for two reasons

a) the club is not going anywhere and always choking

b) he feels not everybody is pulling his weight

should he and Klose leave it would be back to square one

this is what Merte fears : „Wenn wir Spieler wie Klose und Frings verlieren, dann dauert es, neue Spieler mit solchen Führungsqualitäten zu finden. Sie sind für uns schwer zu ersetzen.“

and it's all Schaaf's FAULT

get Schuster whilst you still can Ale
DS

Number of posts : 12952
Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:22 pm

Are you sure about Frings thing?
Bremen could easily nick Kehl off from Dortmund.
shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
Supports : Arsenal
Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:48 pm

Arsenal are one of the richest clubs in the world and will (probably) enter the top five highest earners very soon - from the new stadium, new tv deal. However we cannot compete in the transfer with the big boys because:

Wages - I believe we can pay any transfer fee up to £40M however a player of that price tag would have command a huge wage packet and that is what really scares the club. When it comes to players who have come on a big fee they will want a complimentary wage packet to match their fee. Not only that, but they will want more money in their next contract (like Rio). If the club doesn't pay, then the player will threaten to leave on a free. Therefore the club will have to pay up or possibly loose him on a lower transfer fee (Rosicky). Not only that but if you have a superstar on huge wages then other players will want the same/similar wage(A.Hole). This will create a bad atmosphere among teammates who earn less then the 'Big star'.

Because of the Stadium debt we can only pay a couple of players the mega-wages and therefore we have to buy talented youngsters who will be on lower wages and will increase in transfer value. The younger players' wages will rise slower then a superstar because they will not be able to hold the club to ransom as the club will not loose out on a huge transfer fee if they leave on a free.
blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche on Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:32 pm

Bullshit factor of this thread: 100%

Enough said.
Ä

Post by Ä on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:14 pm

after yesterday's laughable draw by Arsenal vs Spurs

is there still ANYBODY out there who would contradict the original title of this POST ?

thought so

Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:44 am